• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

That moved fast. Ruthless on Rowetts part, really surprised at that.

He made a big song and dance about loving Derby when he went there, used to play there, still lives in the area etc.

Seen an opportunity and just gone, genuinely a little taken aback at that one.

Its an interesting one. Easy for us to say "meh, its Stoke" but there will be huge pressure on him there to get them up

Sarri out, Ancelotti in at Napoli.

Bit surprised Sarri got the boot, they fell apart a bit at the end I guess. Apparently Cheatski keen.

he's taken the chance of PL whilst its offered, things are only getting harder at Derby

But Stoke aren't in the PL? Absolutely no guarantee they'll go straight back up.

Carrying on with his current squad and ideas would've arguably given him a better chance. Bunch of overpaid mercenaries at Stoke currently.

It's a massive task and it's taken some of the sheen off Rowett's integrity for me.

Getting into the managerial loop in England is financial Nirvana. Even if you fail, you get a massive pay out (I mean, £12m for Allardyce??) and are likely to get a new, very well paid job shortly afterwards anyway.

But Stoke aren't in the PL? Absolutely no guarantee they'll go straight back up.

Carrying on with his current squad and ideas would've arguably given him a better chance. Bunch of overpaid mercenaries at Stoke currently.

It's a massive task and it's taken some of the sheen off Rowett's integrity for me.
I think Derby had to make cut backs for next season, Rowett said as much after the play off loss. They’d have to sell and wouldn’t be replacing with similar level players, so I don’t rally blame him for loooking elsewhere whilst his stock is high. A couple of seasons staying loyal to Derby, where the height of their ambition would now be just to stay in the league/mid table, could have had a big impact on his, so far, bright career.

I’m not sure Stoke is the right place to go though.

Good point, when I wrote that I had it in my head that they had escaped.

I guess they still have more chance of promotion next season than Derby with parachute payments softening the blow.

I’m not sure Stoke is the right place to go though.

If Stoke can hold most of their squad, they will be well placed to push for promotion.

The bones of their squad is a decent championship standard. Lose the bad eggs, make a few key buys, they could be fine.

It depends on what reaction Rowett gets, whether or not he can gee them up and stop them spiralling like Sunderland (and Leeds, City, Portsmouth...)

Smart money says he targets big players from top 6 sides, weakens them and gets proven performers. Parachute payments means he can bully other clubs in that division.

When I think of Stoke I think of poverty, decline, misery, rain lashing horizontally into miserable faces.

Peter Coates is very rich
His family founded Bet365
He bought Stoke for 1.7+3.3=£5m and must be raking it in from TV payments.
Mind you, he probably gives most of it to idiots like Shaqiri

So... Coates is rich, but he still has to go to Stoke all the time

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Coates

Conte 6/1 to be chelsea manager at the start of next season, actually a good price for an "incumbent"

When I think of Stoke I think of poverty, decline, misery, rain lashing horizontally into miserable faces.

Peter Coates is very rich
His family founded Bet365
He bought Stoke for 1.7+3.3=£5m and must be raking it in from TV payments.
Mind you, he probably gives most of it to idiots like Shaqiri

So... Coates is rich, but he still has to go to Stoke all the time

Au contraire, mon ami - every other game he goes to anywhere but Stoke. He still has to watch them, though.

Au contraire, mon ami - every other game he goes to anywhere but Stoke. He still has to watch them, though.
I didn’t mean the games, I meant general business dealings etc.

Imagine being filthy stinking rich, yet “tied” to The Potteries year round

Back