• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

GREATEST MASSIVE "small-time" moments

Beautiful goal, even sweeter as he was up against such a talented, storied and decorated defender as Stephen Carr, who won every trophy the game has to offer and more, a player we were lucky to have at Spurs before the bright lights of a bigger city and the riches of guaranteed success stole him away.

Beautiful goal, even sweeter as he was up against such a talented, storied and decorated defender as Stephen Carr, who won every trophy the game has to offer and more, a player we were lucky to have at Spurs before the bright lights of a bigger city and the riches of guaranteed success stole him away.
I assume Carr said the move was to win silverware, as he was embarrassed to say it was for the money.

So many i guess but this game has never left my mind. It was the Lge Cup final against A.Villa ( who were then in the third div), they outplayed believe it or not and should really have been a couple of goals up before Chiv scored our first in the 81 st minute.

The thing i remember was in the first half Lochead ( who was Villas CF and a dirty bastard) flattened Pat as he game out to collect a cross, the ball was trickling towards the goal line ( every one had stopped thinking the ref was going to blow for the foul, even Lochead who was on the floor with Pat) And then from nowhere SP came tearing into the box and kicked the ball just before it crossed the line. As it turned out the ref never blew for the foul so it would have been a goal for Villa, i think if it had a gone in we would have not won the game.

The link below does not show SP saving us but he did. Funny how things like that stick in your mind.

I don't remember seeing that before. Orange socks and royal blue shorts. Is that real, or just "colourised" film gone a bit wrong?

I remember being dragged to Solihull one day, never before, never since...perhaps the last day of the season? Spurs had to lose to Man Utd to ensure Arse didn't win the league. I kicked up a fuss and went to the pub. I think we went a goal ahead, then Beckham burst into the box and curled one into the "wrong" top corner, straight through the hapless flailing arms of Ian Walker etc etc. Happy days.

I remember that Ronnie Rocket comeback against Soton, watching in disbelief in the upstairs function room of a pub in Leeds whilst at Uni. Happy days.

I also remember sad moments e.g. Sandro challenged stupidly for a ball on halfway, perhaps against QPR, a nothing ball but a silly stretch. His knee gave way and I 99% knew "that was that" for his career with Spurs.
Likewise when other players just go down in a bad way like Kane's ankle, Winks' ankle... you know when you can see it is a bad one, their leg goes the wrong way and they just lie still and broken.

I also remember being linked with all sorts of exotic players one summer, World stars from elite teams, Klinsmann level stars, then on a walk by the canal my brother laughing at me and telling me Spurs had signed Chris Armstrong from Palace so I tried to jump in the canal to end my life, but to be fair he held me back from diving in. I probably would have just got soggy anyway and it was a long drive home iirc.

Not strictly, but a MASSIVE "small-time" moment of joy which had me dancing around the room such was the happiness I got imagining all the gloomy goon faces! Great choon too!

Was at both of these. Was in Worcester Avenue when the cheers went up for Lennon' winner, wife was almost dancing while I felt deflated having missed it all because she moaned at not wanting to get stuck in the queue from the car park. (It didnt happen again!)

The Pav winner v Pool was one that sprang to mind when I read Steff's opening post. The ultimate get out of jail.

A close 2nd was the day when Kranjcar scored a late winner v Bolton just as news came through that Arsenal had blown a 4-0 lead at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. It was a close call which got the biggest cheer

It's a weird feeling if you leave early and miss a winner/equaliser. You're delighted for the result but gutted you missed it! I've never left a live game early, except Boro at home when they beat us 0-3 one year, left about 5 mins from the end. But I missed the 4-4 comeback against Arsenal coz I stormed out of the pub when the goons got their 4th, I couldn't take it! And this season, I missed Kane's late penalty equaliser against Liverpool away coz I turned it off when Salah scored. I calmly turned CBeebies on for my littlun (after booting one of her toys across the room, she wasn't in the same room at that moment!). Delighted to come back but gutted to miss the goals!

It's a weird feeling if you leave early and miss a winner/equaliser. You're delighted for the result but gutted you missed it! I've never left a live game early, except Boro at home when they beat us 0-3 one year, left about 5 mins from the end. But I missed the 4-4 comeback against Arsenal coz I stormed out of the pub when the goons got their 4th, I couldn't take it! And this season, I missed Kane's late penalty equaliser against Liverpool away coz I turned it off when Salah scored. I calmly turned CBeebies on for my littlun (after booting one of her toys across the room, she wasn't in the same room at that moment!). Delighted to come back but gutted to miss the goals!

ha, yeah I threw a massive strop and turned the tv off after that Salah goal, I was cursing Kane and Lloris and heading out with the dogs when the equaliser alert came through

I quite enjoyed the 5-1 pasting of Arsenal in the league cup semi a few years back when Bendtner and Adebayor began chucking handbags at one another. Not only did it send us stylishly on our way to a trophy win, but provided the basis for that popular harshtag Ar5ena1.

In this video, the commentators are two prats name Alan - Parry and the marblemouthed Smith, neither of whom held back in slagging Spurs over the years.

I also quite enjoyed seeing Jack the Hack Wheelchair injure himself trying to do harm to Kane. Typically, he didn't do a good enough job and played well enough this season for a bunch of entitled Arsekissers to tout him for England. This time, only his feelings were hurt when Southgate sensibly snubbed him.

Last edited:

Strong you must be if Spurs you support.

Of course, I'd be re-miss if I didn't include the pleasure of re-visiting Spurs absolutely glorious win at West Ham when fellow Canadian Paul Stalteri scored a stunning winner very late in injury time. Appropriate because it seemed to leave wounds all over the ground. Bitter Spam fans watching gutted players like Noble, Bowyer and Zamora crying at the end.

Interesting to note. There were two commentary teams there that day - The Two Prats, Alan Parry and Alan Smith, along with Sky's then-A team of Martin Tyler and Andy Gray, the latter renowned for gleefully tinkling on Spurs. There was a remarkable and revelatory co-incidence in the reactions of both Parry and Gray when the Stalteri scored. They both used the same two words - Oh No. Hope they all had a good cry afterward.

Not great quality video here. But you can hear Gray sobbing at the end.

This one has some weepy wimmen's Coldplay rubbish laid over it. But the winner comes just after 3.20 mins. and we can clearly hear Parry's barking reaction.

Last edited:
I quite enjoyed the 5-1 pasting of Arsenal in the league cup semi a few years back when Bendtner and Adebayor began chucking handbags at one another. Not only did it send us stylishly on our way to a trophy win, but provided the basis for that popular harshtag Ar5ena1.

In this video, the commentators are two prats name Alan - Parry and the marblemouthed Smith, neither of whom held back in slagging Spurs over the years.

I also quite enjoyed seeing Jack the Hack Wheelchair injure himself trying to do harm to Kane. Typically, he didn't do a good enough job and played well enough this season for a bunch of entitled Arsekissers to tout him for England. This time, only his feelings were hurt when Southgate sensibly snubbed him.

Iirc Merson was in the tv studio situated in the SE corner of WHL that evening, which is at the back of the block i sat in, and we all took great pleasure in reminding him of the score throughout the second half as he looked on glumly (5-1 wasn't the only hand gesture being thrown his way either tbf)

Harry Kane kicks the ball into the stands at Utd.

Did we break the Old Trafford hoodoo that match? I can't remember, other than that was the moment you knew we had a special player.
I was going to post this. Kane came of age with that one action

The more I think about it, the more I realise that our two greatest massive small time moments, by far, are Nayim-from-the-halfway-line and the 4-3 defeat of West Ham. At least in my supporting lifetime. One because it's sheer delight in the downfall of our considerably more successful rivals. The other because it was a pretty meaningless win over a club that we should barely even notice.

It's a weird feeling if you leave early and miss a winner/equaliser. You're delighted for the result but gutted you missed it! I've never left a live game early, except Boro at home when they beat us 0-3 one year, left about 5 mins from the end. But I missed the 4-4 comeback against Arsenal coz I stormed out of the pub when the goons got their 4th...

It's very, very rare I leave a game early. It's happened maybe 4-5 times in several hundred games...

...to my eternal shame, one of those was the emirates in 2008.

Back