• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The FA Cup 2017/2018

For us to win the league with our current squad it would take an almost improbale set of circumstances similar to when Leicester won it. I would love to win a cup, but if it meant we failed to qualify for CL I'm not so sure. We won League Cup and were rubbish following that and floated along after our recent (ha ha) cup wins. They might be a good day out but dont help the club to stay in the race for the league.

I don't think so. If City have an off season, we are as well placed to take advantage as anyone.

PL title win. It’s the sort of thing you can probably dine out on for the 5 years after.

I should actually qualify that though, because it depends on the context of the club. Would City be happy with 5th and the FA Cup next year? I’d say no, unless 1st-5th were maybe separated all by 3 points max. Similarly Chelsea have fallen.

Right now I’m delighted with our season. But let’s say in 2 years, we’ve had the new stadium, we are paying proper top club wages, and maybe we get a Bale type signing in there. If we still aren’t winning anything, then I’m going to be disappointed. Right now though the only reason it’s a top 6 rather than a big 4 is because we made it so - we are being compared to the rest of the top clubs rather than the Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s and Everton’s of this world because we’ve been so consistent. That’s something to be celebrated, not talked down.

What would you take? A PL title win one year and the following season an Fa cup title win with a 5th place league finish, or 2nd in the PL and the following season 3rd in the PL?
The former obviously - but in isolation per season Cl qualification over FA cup.

Would you rather win the league and never win a trophy ever again like Leicester? In the short term it’s hard to selfishly say I wouldn’t.

Last time we won a cup our best two players got poached ‘for Cl’ football. The last non top 6 clubs to win the FA cup got relegated. It’s not a binary decision but once the hangover wears off Chelsea are still in the Europa next year, will sack their manager and every player will be taking a pay cut and the best ones may decide this a reason to leave.
Man U under guaranteed trophy winner JM came 2nd with no pots and lost a final. None of their players are going to Chelsea next year.

The former obviously - but in isolation per season Cl qualification over FA cup.

Would you rather win the league and never win a trophy ever again like Leicester? In the short term it’s hard to selfishly say I wouldn’t.

Last time we won a cup our best two players got poached ‘for Cl’ football. The last non top 6 clubs to win the FA cup got relegated. It’s not a binary decision but once the hangover wears off Chelsea are still in the Europa next year, will sack their manager and every player will be taking a pay cut and the best ones may decide this a reason to leave.
Man U under guaranteed trophy winner JM came 2nd with no pots and lost a final. None of their players are going to Chelsea next year.

The decent players at Chelsea’s will ride this high but once at the WC will be reminded their playing Thursday nights again next season if they stay and it’s not a one off ... but if you leave a CL club will want you

What would you do? The top ones will leave having won trophies there and leave Chelsea much weaker IMO

The decent players at Chelsea’s will ride this high but once at the WC will be reminded their playing Thursday nights again next season if they stay and it’s not a one off ... but if you leave a CL club will want you

What would you do? The top ones will leave having won trophies there and leave Chelsea much weaker IMO
I’m not sure any of it is important any more - Leicester won the league and Kanté went to Chelsea but Vardy signed a longer term deal and turned down goons.

It’s a relationship between player and club, Keane was seemingly loyal when he thought he’d found his level but then had his head turned by Liverpool after we’d actually won something. Was never the same player as he’d lost the goodwill he’d earned here to get 90 mins and play centrally.

Dawson seemed loyal (and has proved even more
So to Hull) but May have felt he was lucky to be here. A lot of men don’t cheat because they don’t get many offers!!

Goon Sanchez has won less than he did last year, do you think he’s that bothered?

A 35 year old player would probably take a domestic cup, a 23 year old would take the pay rise and exposure to the European elite instead.

I’m not sure any of it is important any more - Leicester won the league and Kanté went to Chelsea but Vardy signed a longer term deal and turned down goons.

It’s a relationship between player and club, Keane was seemingly loyal when he thought he’d found his level but then had his head turned by Liverpool after we’d actually won something. Was never the same player as he’d lost the goodwill he’d earned here to get 90 mins and play centrally.

Dawson seemed loyal (and has proved even more
So to Hull) but May have felt he was lucky to be here. A lot of men don’t cheat because they don’t get many offers!!

Goon Sanchez has won less than he did last year, do you think he’s that bothered?

A 35 year old player would probably take a domestic cup, a 23 year old would take the pay rise and exposure to the European elite instead.

CL is massively important for any player worth their salt

Kante left for a mega pay rise and to a much bigger club

Players like Dawson and Keane were never elite player.

Players like Willian, courtois and hazard need the CL

It gets me thinking, how much real quality do Chelsea even have these days?

A couple of key players leave leaves them with a bang average squad IMO.

Hazard, Kante, Willian & Courtois, lose two or three of those (especially Hazard) and they would struggle badly.

Not because the rest of players they own are brick, but because the whole system is based on chaos, new high profile manager driving exceptional players to results for one season, new manager bump drops slightly, they fade, fire, rinse and repeat.

Logic would see them pick the core of team, build a method to truly evaluate the 38+players they have out on loan plus their academy for 2-3 players a year, spend to cover balance or requirements of new manager. Thank fudge they have no logic/plan.

Hazard, Kante, Willian & Courtois, lose two or three of those (especially Hazard) and they would struggle badly.

Not because the rest of players they own are brick, but because the whole system is based on chaos, new high profile manager driving exceptional players to results for one season, new manager bump drops slightly, they fade, fire, rinse and repeat.

Logic would see them pick the core of team, build a method to truly evaluate the 38+players they have out on loan plus their academy for 2-3 players a year, spend to cover balance or requirements of new manager. Thank fudge they have no logic/plan.

I fully expect 2 or 3 of them to go

Kante will stay IMO

Understandable that he’s not a fan of Conte... although this photo has quite a few Chavs saying that he should go for disrespecting their gaffer...

If that were a Spurs player, Id feel torn on it. While I can understand his frustration, thats no way to behave.

Not sure Id want him out, but I think itd be only right he be severely reprimanded.

If that were a Spurs player, Id feel torn on it. While I can understand his frustration, thats no way to behave.

Not sure Id want him out, but I think itd be only right he be severely reprimanded.
Looks like he’s taken a lead out of his managers book and trying to force his way out. He’s definitely won them a few games when he has played so hopefully he will go and weaken them, along with Hazard.

Back