• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

GREATEST MASSIVE "small-time" moments

look at the state of the pitch

Was at that one, possibly my most favourite away day! There were pockets of Tottenham all round the ground, you could see when we scored them jumping up and cheering. Great atmosphere in the Spurs end. That was the game the media said the Liverpool fans were clapping Klinsmann at the end of the game, but it was the same people who were jumping up and cheering when we scored!

For more recent wins, I remember being phucking ecstatic when we beat Swansea 3-1 away the other year, got all the goals in the last few minutes after being 1-0 down for the whole game. Can't beat a late comeback and win!

Ronnie Rosenthal with his hat-trick and a 6-2 extra time win against Southampton is a memory from that era too.

The game that hooked me; I wasn't a fan, particularly, but I happened to be chemically disadvantaged in front of the television that evening, and it was the most exciting thing I'd ever seen. I was transfixed. It took me some time to realise quite how out of character the hat trick was for Ronnie.

Hammering Chelsea in the league cup when GHod was manager was amazing, felt like we were going places. I think we went and lost the next couple of games 4-1!

Two 4-0s iirc "it's only been 6 weeks" chanted the Chelsea fans in the one at WHL

Nice thread.

Although any derby win or stolen draws always stick in the mind these two stood out for me;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8224017.stm

Being at the game, a scarcely deserved last minute winner and then went for a few drinks in Islington after which capped the day off with Goons losing to United and Berbarov missed a pen!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7684759.stm

Bottom of the league and Liverpool absolutely battered us in the first half, their one nil lead really could have been 4 or 5. The two extremes of striker for us in this game, pantomime villain Darren Bent hit his own post but cult hero Pav scored a last minute winner from the bench, after Carra had obliged with his customary own goal (I think he scored more for us than Liverpool in his career!)

Was at both of these. Was in Worcester Avenue when the cheers went up for Lennon' winner, wife was almost dancing while I felt deflated having missed it all because she moaned at not wanting to get stuck in the queue from the car park. (It didnt happen again!)

The Pav winner v Pool was one that sprang to mind when I read Steff's opening post. The ultimate get out of jail.

A close 2nd was the day when Kranjcar scored a late winner v Bolton just as news came through that Arsenal had blown a 4-0 lead at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. It was a close call which got the biggest cheer

I seem to remember listening to that on the radio with my dad, we were in a flat above a pub my nan and grandad were running at the time. Brilliant!

My GHod, I got sh~tfaced in Warrington that night. Hopefully thats all that happened because I dont remember too much of the night, just that my shoes were in the fridge when I got up in the morning

Was at both of these. Was in Worcester Avenue when the cheers went up for Lennon' winner, wife was almost dancing while I felt deflated having missed it all because she moaned at not wanting to get stuck in the queue from the car park. (It didnt happen again!)

The Pav winner v Pool was one that sprang to mind when I read Steff's opening post. The ultimate get out of jail.

A close 2nd was the day when Kranjcar scored a late winner v Bolton just as news came through that Arsenal had blown a 4-0 lead at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. It was a close call which got the biggest cheer
ha I was at both and the Kranjcar one. There was a brief period when every time he got the ball on the left (I was shelf side lower) he looked like he could just drop his right shoulder, beat his man and stick it in the top corner.
I seem to recall the Brum one being an early kick off but maybe it was 3pm and goons played after?

Going mental for Jenas free-kick that earned us a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford in late 2005. One of the papers the following day described the Spurs support as having celebrated the goal '...as if they'd won the league'. It wasn't far off the mark to be fair!

This was an absolute moment in time for me. Bale was utterly ridiculous that season. What a goal.

The beauty of that goal was that it was as easy as a tap in for him, he got the ball, they stood off, the keeper set his feet, Bale took a touch, had a look and stroked it into the corner, it was a goal as soon as the ball was passed to him.

Absolutely memorable night. I was there - sitting in with the Goons as a mate of mine's little daughter couldn't go to a night game, so he invited me. The Gooners were totally apoplectic at the final whistle, which only added to the joy!

Absolutely, their misery on exit was superb. One of them told me I was a clown shoe for being so happy because we were still bottom of the league. I loudly said to him that we would only go in one direction -up- but that this very match had fudged any hopes they might've had of winning the title or doing anything. I then told him our time was coming - without a jot of anything g other than hubris, volume and laughter!!!!

look at the state of the pitch

Oh this is another classic, and yes, I remember it well...listened to Oasis "Columbia" about 10 times on the way up to Anfield, thus always associated that song with this game. What a moment! On a related note, Teddy's equalizer is one of my top 10 Spurs goals ever - we were halfway up and directly in line with him as he bent that return lay-off from Jurgen into the net; technically perfect.

Last edited:
Interesting remembering the dippers/Pav game - it was a few days after the goon draw. What I remember most was Keane was killing us all over the pitch and the waiter subbed him on. 70 mins, whence we finally started to see the ball. Agree with all - that has to have been one of the most undeserved winners of all time.

Here's another magic moment from the archives for me, a total star memory which actually means fudge all in the "greater picture"...Sir Bob by told Carr to "show him on his right because he hasn't got a right foot..." my son and I were up there, hilarious scenes and one of the best away days and I have had together due to some of the sheer tomfoolery going on all day everywhere, including the Napoleon Dynamite ginger who arrived 10 minutes late, proceeded to stand for 30 mins screaming the foulest abuse he could muster at the Geordies abut 20 ft away before being thrown out by the steward with no complaints whatsoever! I know we shouldn't, but I look back fondly on his inside-our-own-box Cryuff turns!

Interesting remembering the dippers/Pav game - it was a few days after the goon draw. What I remember most was Keane was killing us all over the pitch and the waiter subbed him on. 70 mins, whence we finally started to see the ball. Agree with all - that has to have been one of the most undeserved winners of all time.

Here's another magic moment from the archives for me, a total star memory which actually means fudge all in the "greater picture"...Sir Bob by told Carr to "show him on his right because he hasn't got a right foot..." my son and I were up there, hilarious scenes and one of the best away days and I have had together due to some of the sheer tomfoolery going on all day everywhere, including the Napoleon Dynamite ginger who arrived 10 minutes late, proceeded to stand for 30 mins screaming the foulest abuse he could muster at the Geordies abut 20 ft away before being thrown out by the steward with no complaints whatsoever! I know we shouldn't, but I look back fondly on his inside-our-own-box Cryuff turns!

Loved Atouba. And did any of his turns in the box ever cost us a goal?

Back