• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I get that, its online - I doubt you would take the same impression in person.

Im not saying all his goals have been taps ins, at all. I am saying that team is geared up to serve him and get the best out of him though, and surely thats not something to argue about?

Ill say again, for anyone not listening, I think he has been excellent all year. Its not like Im trying to argue he doesnt deserve the golden boot. Simply that I think the level of praise is well OTT considering.
Is the Liverpool team geared up to serve Salah any more than the Spurs team is geared up to serve Kane? I don't think so, in fact I would argue that Liverpool with Mane, Firminho and Salah are less geared towards putting goals on a plate for Salah as we are geared towards doing so for Kane at Spurs.

So exactly what level of praise should a player get for scoring the highest number of goals ever in a premier league season and winning both the PFA player of the year and the sports writers player of the year award, both by a country mile? I think Salah has been absolutely brilliant this year and deserves every bit of praise that he has received.

Let me be clear - I am completely self aware on this : I fudging HATE LIVERPOOL, and Ill be gutted if they win the CL. I want Madrid to smash them to pieces.

I think Liverpool have been massively over rated this season. Much like Utd, I dont really think Liverpool are as good as their placing/finish suggest. But thats football.

Neither of these things impact the way Im viewing the reporting etc.

Fair play to your honesty:)

But I think the hate does impact your assessment of the reporting;)

I cannot tell you how much I hated Liverpool in the 80's for winning everything. Now after all these years of little success they really don't matter. If they win the CL they would have deserved it. I wish it was us but at least from a football point of view they have got there in an exciting way. Now if it was Mourinho's turgid Utd I wouldn't be so generous with my praise

Actually I do. Without Salah they look lost, without Kane we do just fine.

He has become the absolute focal point of their game.

We service Kane, a lot - of course - but we dont play for him in the same way at all. We rotate much more, he comes deeper - he isnt really the focus of the team.

You know what? I think Ill leave this now. I made a pretty plain view that I think the coverage is OTT, and I do.

Im not bitter, Im not paranoid, and Im not even trying to say Salah hasnt been excellent.

I just find it all to be too much - if anyone deserves this level of attention how about the team that actually won the league, in such style they tore down COUNTLESS records along the way?

The way things are geared, to my eye, basically forgets that in favour of the Salah celebration.

You disagree? Thats fine, its life. I think Im done though, this is getting tiresome.

You know what? I think Ill leave this now. I made a pretty plain view that I think the coverage is OTT, and I do.

Im not bitter, Im not paranoid, and Im not even trying to say Salad hasnt been excellent.

I just find it all to be too much - if anyone deserves this level of attention how about the team that actually won the league, in such style they tore down COUNTLESS records along the way?

The way things are geared, to my eye, basically forgets that in favour of the Salad celebration.

You disagree? Thats fine, its life. I think Im done though, this is getting tiresome.

Well maybe the media think just like you do about City

That really is the crux of it for me, I dont care about their achievements because they arent really earned.

Its meaningless.

They are good to watch though.

I was just surprised you are now defending City when on numerous occasions you have pointed out their achievements this season count for little because of their unlimited spending power

I dont think they count for brick.

The media should, by rights, be all over what has been a remarkable season though.

They have undeniably played the best football, by a distance, and broke long standing record after long standing record.

They have raised the bar significantly (we should expect no less considering the cost).

The media really should be having a field day with it. Even if it is hollow. Since when has SSN been the bastion of integrity, and not a network that chases the lowest common denominator?

Excellent goal scorer. Scored at a rate better than a goal every 2 games over an 11 year period from the age of 23 to 34.
That could far more accurately be described as a striker who had one ridiculous season, followed by a load of regression where the goals tailed off, never getting above 1 in 3 with most seasons being more like 1 in 5 (see Andy Johnson for reference).

Last edited:
oh dear......i dont think anyone has said they think Salad is going to score 40 goals every season. What they are saying is that he has been exceptional THIS season and deserves all the recognition and awards. Its quite simple really.
A one off freak chain of events doesn't deserve much recognition at all. Really unlikely things happen all the time.

If he continues at that rate then he'll be a very talented clam, rather than just a clam.

Odd thing about Kane is I would now say he has not yet had a great season. If he gets one of those seasons where he stays fit the whole season and really hits top form then I see him scoring 40 league goals. The were so many games when he things did not just run for him.

As a team I would still like it if we mixed our play up to put the opposition off, for example if we did sign Martial then you could drop Kane deeper.

That could far more accurately be described as a striker who had one ridiculous season, followed by a load of regression where the goals tailed off, never getting above 1 in 3 with most seasons being more like 1 in 5 (see Andy Johnson for reference).
One ridiculously good season wouldn’t allow a player to score at an average of better than a goal every two games over an 11 year period.
Phillips had a run at Sunderland where he got: 35 in 48, 25 in 32, 30 in 38 and 18 in 42. He then dipped to 13 in 39. So it was more 3 ridiculously good seasons followed by a good one before the tailing off to an OK one. Even after he tailed off he generally continued to score at a rate better than 1 in 3 with his following seasons seeing him get: 9 in 36, 13 in 37, 13 in 36, 5 in 27, 22 in 43, 24 in 38 and 14 in 38.

So overall that is 5 seasons at better than 1 in 2, 5 seasons at 1 in 3 or better and only 2 poor seasons where in one he got 1 in 4 and the other worse than 1 in 5.

He was a very good striker Scara, underrated by many people, including yourself I think.

Back