• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anyone been to Malta?

I went once. It was shut.

Seriously, they've got something like 355 saints days and there's a lot of full on, dumbfudge Catholics out there so they shut everything on them all. They also recommend women cover up in a lot of places so there's no point to the hot weather.

Started to reply to say I had been there, but it was about 10 years ago. Then stopped to think and realised it was actually 20 years ago.
Another example of time rushing by. Depressing.

I liked Malta. Full of history and we spent a lot of time travelling around the island sightseeing. No (sandy) beaches at all as I recall. I imagine the hotels are a lot better now.
(My main memory however is a couple of nights before we came home having a dream that I was trying to get to a funeral. I couldn't tell in the dream whose funeral it was but it was something I had to get to. I forgot all about it until we got home and found out my father-in-law had died suddenly on that day. That was weird.).

I've been to Valletta and Mdina. Both are nice pretty southern European cities/towns.

October was a pleasant time to be there - I can imagine it gets very very hot over the summer.

It's a very small place - the country is literally smaller than the Isle of Wight.

The people are nice, but they have a weird almost Welsh accent (the real origin is Arabic).

Back