• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

probably raised before but any reason why its egg-shaped to resemble a toilet bowl?

It's because the south stand is longer than the others. Which I guess comes down to the oddities of how and where they could build the concrete cores in the limited pre-demolition footprint, the greater space available for the steel stand with different structural engineering dynamics, and of course the need to hide a football pitch underneath it in three neat rows.

But they could have done the roof differently, perhaps with further asymmetries, to make it look less lavatorial. Unless it was all a ploy to get naming rights from Harpic.

Last edited:
I can,t log in on my other laptop! frustrating I don't know why. Anyway..
Some comments about the Stadium.
Cameras could have been lowered inside the Stadium since the roof went up,as you all your looking at is the roof. A camera in the South stand would have been good as in the North Stand..not sure why they missed that one!
Now more importantly the atmosphere.
I,m actually worried about this.
The roof is so high any sound will simply disappear into thin air.
I know this from many years following Spurs across the country.
Sound is created by reverberating against the roof inside the ground. The space between the people seated ..less sound per square air space = less noise + long distance for sound to travel and
reverberations to take place against roof equals silence.
.......probably why Wembley also is not so good for atmosphere!
Our roof appears even further away than Wembley.
This could be a disaster for the atmosphere in new WHL.

Cameras could have been lowered inside the Stadium since the roof went up,as you all your looking at is the roof. A camera in the South stand would have been good as in the North Stand..not sure why they missed that one!
Sound is created by reverberating against the roof inside the ground. The space between the people seated ..less sound per square air space = less noise + long distance for sound to travel and

If the man thought about what colour the cranes should be and have coatings on seats to amplify the acoustics etc ... mentioned that the roof was designed with materials to amplify the atmosphere.

If you listen carefully enough.....you can just make out Levy laughing his head off at your comments.

Shrewbury have started having their rail seats installed

Dd0bIdQU0AErdXw.jpg

The rail seems a little low there, can't be higher than knee height???

Edit : must be an illusion, didnt even notice the two blokes on the distance, though i still can't see how the rail on the right is waist height

Back