• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

we need better scouts/negotiators
liverpool do well to secure deals early/ahead of time

What could we possibly have done better???!!!

The kid wanted to stay at Fulham last year both because he felt he needed to repay the club and also because he would get games which we could not obviously guarantee him. And he was proven 100% right.

If Fulham win the play-offs he will probably stay on another year -for the same reason. And again it would be the right choice for him.

I am puzzled how better scouts or negotiators would have changed that scenario.

In the past, it's been a stick that the Scousers have used to beat us with. More recently though, there have been times when they have suddenly become interested in targets we have had long term interest in.

I don't think Dele was an unknown talent that only Liverpool were aware of. There were other clubs out there aware of him.

In the past, it's been a stick that the Scousers have used to beat us with. More recently though, there have been times when they have suddenly become interested in targets we have had long term interest in.

I don't think Dele was an unknown talent that only Liverpool were aware of. There were other clubs out there aware of him.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine thought they had him TBF

Really? like VVD? where they spent an entire summer to not get him, then still overpaid in Winter?

Perception is amazing ...

Tbf, my perception is that Liverpoo's recent recruitment has been better than ours.

There's a few reasons for that imo. I think that Liverpool have had some glaring holes in their team, notably the defence and in goal, so any recruits in that area are going to improve them. VVD although overpriced was a good addition. We on the other hand are really only looking for squad players or those that can walk straight into the starting XI and we cannot afford the wages for the latter. Mane is the most obvious example, a player we needed but couldn't afford the wages for.

Tbf, my perception is that Liverpoo's recent recruitment has been better than ours.

They are interesting in that (similar to us), they have had some high profile successes in recent years (Suarez, Mane, Salad, etc.), but VVD was an unmitigated disaster of a negotiation that in hindsight may have and could have cost them. Personally I think they have a few key buys that have worked, but the balance of the team is completely fudged (their bench is probably the worse of top 6), so similar to @Cochise 's point, players fit faster. They also spend bigger, pay more for obvious targets (far less Dele/Dier type signings there)

But like Chelsea & United, people seeming forget the numerous failures (where we get the Sissoko/Soldado conversation until the end of time, or the badly spent Bale money ignoring Eriksen, Lamela & even Chadli)

Liverpools recruitment doesnt impress me much.

They remind me a lot of Arsenal, never seem to be able to plug obvious gaps, but cant stop spending on attacking players.

They've done very well with Robertson. Left back has been a huge issue for years. He was expensive but Van Dyke has plugged some holes through the centre of their defence. Looks like this summer they will be dealing with defensive centre mid with links to Doucoure and Wanyama

Arse have been much more shocking in the transfer market over the years. Wenger has done us a favour with all his average buys

They are interesting in that (similar to us), they have had some high profile successes in recent years (Suarez, Mane, Salad, etc.), but VVD was an unmitigated disaster of a negotiation that in hindsight may have and could have cost them. Personally I think they have a few key buys that have worked, but the balance of the team is completely fudged (their bench is probably the worse of top 6), so similar to @Cochise 's point, players fit faster. They also spend bigger, pay more for obvious targets (far less Dele/Dier type signings there)

But like Chelsea & United, people seeming forget the numerous failures (where we get the Sissoko/Soldado conversation until the end of time, or the badly spent Bale money ignoring Eriksen, Lamela & even Chadli)

Without VVD they probably wouldn’t have made it to a Champs Lge final and might not have made top 4 - they were porous before he turned up. So he may well have more than paid for himself already. And they’re well in credit following the Coutinho sale.

Liverpools recruitment doesnt impress me much.

Evening, Shania.

Without VVD they probably wouldn’t have made it to a Champs Lge final and might not have made top 4 - they were porous before he turned up. So he may well have more than paid for himself already. And they’re well in credit following the Coutinho sale.

Evening, Shania.

Don’t forget they have spent the coutinho money on VVD and Keita (a player I rate but I expect to be a regularly suspended player)

Robertson has been a upgrade but compared to some really shocking players it wasn’t hard. I also think he is being over rated quite quickly as the step up has been easy (moreno for example plays with worse defensive nous than Aurier)

Their keeper position looked better due to sticking with one and playing a Settled side

Salad has been brilliant but wasn’t a bargain signing, and I’m still convinced will leave ASAP

Firmino has been a great signing no question

Can is leaving on a free - a player they should by rights be getting 30m for minimum judging by what the paid for oxo

oxo - I’d need to see him play well for a season for a start but he cost £35M with hardly any contract left so IMO they over paid

When a team is okay g well it’s easy to paint positives on stuff.. let’s see the reacton if they don’t win Saturday

Back