• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

I don't rate Martial, he's just one of those countless players who looked a bit decent in the French league for a season or two, but then couldn't do it in a competitive league with proper defending.

Son and Moura are much better players

Martial has a bit more to it than most links, IMO.

We went in for him big when he went to Utd, have a long standing interest, and have a history of eventually "getting our man".

Add to which he should be (relatively) cheap given his contract situation, and his wages are well within our means, and I think there could be something to it.

Who does Martial replace in the squad IF he comes? (same applies to any other wingers we might get, including Bale, Malcolm etc.).

Son - Currently first 11.
Eriksen - Crucial.
Lamela - Squad.
Moura - Squad.

Given we've only just signed Moura I'm guessing he won't be going anywhere. Son could be demoted to a squad player (which would be a shame). Lamela could be sold? Eriksen could potentially drop deeper to fill a potential Dembele loss (as he did in games towards the end of the season)...

We'll have a different feel about our side immediately. I just hope we keep the balance in the side.

Who does Martial replace in the squad IF he comes? (same applies to any other wingers we might get, including Bale, Malcolm etc.).

Eriksen - Crucial.
Lamela - Squad.
Moura - Squad.

Given we've only just signed Moura I'm guessing he won't be going anywhere. Son could be demoted to a squad player (which would be a shame). Lamela could be sold? Eriksen could potentially drop deeper to fill a potential Dembele loss (as he did in games towards the end of the season)...

We'll have a different feel about our side immediately. I just hope we keep the balance in the side.

Direct competition to Son IMO.

As good as he can be, Son is flakey as hell - having someone keep him on his toes will be good news.

Eriksen - Crucial.
Lamela - Squad.
Moura - Squad.

If a direct replacement then I would say Lamela. However I wonder whether Eriksen will drop back a touch next season and play the same sort of role that Modric players for Real Madrid, with us then having any 3 from 5 of: Son, Ali, Moura, Lamela and Martial

If a direct replacement then I would say Lamela. However I wonder whether Eriksen will drop back a touch next season and play the same sort of role that Modric players for Real Madrid, with us then having any 3 from 5 of: Son, Ali, Moura, Lamela and Martial

I agree I think this would accommodate everyone. However we'd probably lose some strength in midfield. Although that is inevitable if Mousa goes anyway.

Back