• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Rather Juve than somewhere domestic.

I know they don’t need money, but since real life ain’t Football Manager, I believe De Ligt would be mindful of the fact that his route to the first 11 may be tough there.

I would think, honestly, any defender worth his salt would fancy himself getting into that team.

It is by far the weakest part of their side (and squad).

Between that, and working with the great Guardiola, and getting paid a ridiculous sum, and being almost guaranteed medals - I think its realistically a bit of a stretch to try and put out respective offers on an even footing.

He has every chance of playing for them.

Whats this Barrios like? Does anyone know?

Reported as a "destroyer" but Ive literally never heard of him so have no idea.

Seen him reported as a Wanyama replacement, and a Dier replacement. Makes me laugh, reporting "Spurs are interested in this player, keep an eye on him at the world cup!" they have to spin it to departures...

Sure - but De Ligt has to believe he has a good chance of playing first 11 football ahead of Otamendi, Stones and Laporte. Not even mentizoning Kompany. Which is why I’m not convinced they have the space, and if they wanted to make the space, I’m not sure jettisoning Stones or Otamendi is worth the risk when De Ligt is 18.

About first team chances I think DeLigt might think he has the same chance at City as at Spurs atm.....who will be dislodge at Spurs, Sanchez or Vertonghen who have both been brilliant

The only way we can sell it is if we tell him he is definitely the long term replacement for Verts

Whats this Barrios like? Does anyone know?

Reported as a "destroyer" but Ive literally never heard of him so have no idea.

Seen him reported as a Wanyama replacement, and a Dier replacement. Makes me laugh, reporting "Spurs are interested in this player, keep an eye on him at the world cup!" they have to spin it to departures...

No idea about Barrios

But I wouldn't be against selling Wanyama this summer. There are rumours floating around that he has had a falling out with Poch and Poch is prepared to sell him.

Id be very happy to get him.

Have him working hard, and happy, and I think he could really bring something to the team and squad. He and Son left side, Lamela and Moura right, Eriksen and Alli through the middle - it balances out nicely

And, of course, most are versatile enough to play all across those positions.

With just a year on his deal I wonder if they would be willing to sell? Still so young too (and has the summer off!). I can see why we would be in for him.

Martial would have the chance to participate in the whole of pre season from the beginning if we sign him before it starts. That's a big chance to settle in and adapt to Pochs methods.

Let's see who would be a domestic contender for his signature. City and Liverpool no. Chelsea only if they offer a crazy salary. Arse the same.

Id be very happy to get him.

Have him working hard, and happy, and I think he could really bring something to the team and squad. He and Son left side, Lamela and Moura right, Eriksen and Alli through the middle - it balances out nicely

And, of course, most are versatile enough to play all across those positions.

With just a year on his deal I wonder if they would be willing to sell? Still so young too (and has the summer off!). I can see why we would be in for him.

Lots of goals in there, and with Son, Lucas & Martial, decent amount of pace as well

Really don't feel we will get a Kane backup in literal sense, so players like Son/Martial seem the most viable alternative, someone who can player as an attacking midfielder/2nd striker with the option to rotate less frequently as out and out striker

I'm not convinced about Martial, but Rashford is mid table quality at best.

Said it in other thread re Martial, 22 right now, has already hit double figure in a season 3 times in his career while never quite being the number 1 striker. Quick, French (would be easy fit with Lloris, Aurier, Sissoko in squad already), supposedly his salary isn't stupid high, Premier League experience.

Honestly struggling to find a better option with a higher ceiling that is getable in some way.

Hard to believe Martial is still only 22.

Strong guy with blistering pace. He would be a game changer for us.

Zaha has improved a lot but I feel he is still erratic with his efforts at goal. Martial seems more composed in front of goal

Back