• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Anyone else think Black Panther is terrible? Bad acting and poor special effects. Like a modern day blaxploitation movie.
I fell asleep twice trying to watch it.

It's the biggest fudging buzzkill I've seen in a very long time. Would have fit right in with all that brick DC keeps churning out (please don't make this a Marvel vs DC thing, I really don't give a fudge. I just think that comic book movies should be mainly fun).

Anyone else think Black Panther is terrible? Bad acting and poor special effects. Like a modern day blaxploitation movie.

As a stand alone movie it suffers …
- too much of a setup movie (as most marvel movies are, they have forgotten how to make movies that are interesting all by themselves)
- the fight scenes are pretty much meh …
- special effects are par for course for a mid level movie today.

That said, you need to live in the US to understand the positivity of the imagery of the movie and why it connected ..

Really enjoyed the spectacle of Infinity War and rather vexed at having to wait a year for the companion film.
What an achievement to realise this story on the screen.
Very interested about the content of the two intervening marvel films as well in view of the events just seen (Captain Marvel, Ant-man and the Wasp)
This actually tinkled me off, 10 fudging years and 19 movies and I still get to watch half a movie?
I'm ok with plot lines across multiple movies, but Infinity Wars is half a movie .. I enjoy the spectacle of most marvel movies, but really feel the studio took my for a sucker ride on this one.

Itll make sense when all is said and done.

Its too big an event for one film, would need to be about 5 hours long.

Plus they need to introduce a character for the second half...

I thought Infinity war worked fine. It was Thanos' movie, his hero story - now the second half will be about the rest rallying against him.

Watched Deadpool 2 last night.
Was alright, I laughed a fair bit but something didn't feel quite right.
Can't put my finger on it though.
Also the swearing was so over-the-top, like a little kid with no control saying 'look at me', just doing something because it could.

Wife got us tickets for the new Solo movie for my birthday yesterday.

I think it's the only time I've left a cinema without watching a movie to the end. We left with 30 minutes of the film to go as it was just so bloody awful.

Deadpool 2, more of the same, had a great time watching it.

If you enjoyed the first, you'll enjoy this.

If he annoyed you with the constant one liners in the first, well thats not going to change
My absolute favourite superhero movie by far. Looking forward to the second one, but missed it on the big screens - might have to wait until I can watch at home now.

Solo has received some seriously bad reviews. What's up with that, is it a stinker? I haven't rated the other 'new' Star Wars releases, but have not seen this one.

Mine too, but it's been replaced in all the IMAX screens by Solo.

If it's not in IMAX, then I'm better off with my home setup.

Not really an IMAX sort of film, so depends on your patience. Watch it now or wait, but I doubt you gain anything waiting.

Solo has received some seriously bad reviews. What's up with that, is it a stinker? I haven't rated the other 'new' Star Wars releases, but have not seen this one.

Mates I trust say its fine, its fun. I think really thats all it needed to be (well, it didnt need to be made but thats another story....)

Back