• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wembley 2017/18

Not long home from the game. I actually felt a twinge of sadness, not so much for Wemberlee, more for leaving my seat. I've got used to walking straight in without thinking or checking where I've been allocated. I can't wait for next season now with my shiny new season ticket and seat.

Anyhoo - here's a blast of Can't Smile without You from my farewell to Block 107 Wembley:

The place has been great, hard to believe the second option was MK Dons bowl, Levy definitely made the right choice.
I've enjoyed the few games I've been there (5), except last season when we drew and crashed out of the EL to fudging Gent. As a non-resident/tourist, it's much easier/quicker to get to Wembley than N17, as there are much more and better accommodation closer to Wembley.

I’ve enjoyed this season there, mainly because I easily got tickets for the seven home games me and my daughter were able to attend, all without staring at the wheel of doom for hours.

Fairly brick atmosphere for the most part though.

It has been different that's for sure. Didn't have to travel quite as far, but that was the only plus to it all. The 20 minute train ride from Ickenham was tedious if we didnt win.
The worst part of it all was actually getting into the ground, far too long ,most of the time, then almost another 10 mins via the escalators if you were in the 3rd tier.

Cant wait until the new season comes around and fingers crossed we are in our new home. I know all the feedback is positive, but sorry, I am still not totally convinced it will be ready. Still looks far too much to do for me, but hopefully that is the eternal pessimist in me. (Comes with 40+ years of supporting Tottenham)

It has been different that's for sure. Didn't have to travel quite as far, but that was the only plus to it all. The 20 minute train ride from Ickenham was tedious if we didnt win.
The worst part of it all was actually getting into the ground, far too long ,most of the time, then almost another 10 mins via the escalators if you were in the 3rd tier.

Cant wait until the new season comes around and fingers crossed we are in our new home. I know all the feedback is positive, but sorry, I am still not totally convinced it will be ready. Still looks far too much to do for me, but hopefully that is the eternal pessimist in me. (Comes with 40+ years of supporting Tottenham)
To get some perspective, my company is expanding and putting up another office block in conjunction with the current one (which was only finished 18 months ago). It's a 3 storey, high-tech office building with a ton of special features and complex security systems. We are scheduled to mov in to the new part in November, and they started on the foundations only last week!

Today was a nightmare

No Met Line, Hammersmith & City or Cirlce between Baker Street and Aldgate
Took Central Line to Bond Street, stood and watched 4 full tubes go past
Decide to walk to Baker Street, same there couldn't get on 2 tubes, walked to Marylebone overground train 2 coaches long, literally wtf
Get to the retail park and you have to walk around the houses to get to Entrance F

Almost 3 hours and we fudging lost

Left at 80 minutes got straight on a Met Line train back to Baker Street and then onto Stratford fairly easily

I hate Wembley

Ditto the nightmare.

Interminable wait at Wembley Stadium stn for Marylebone. Hour and three quarters from end of match to arrival on Charing Cross concourse. Often 45 mins, previous max 60.

Thank GHod it wasn't raining.

The dreadful performance has left me pretty numb.

Ditto the nightmare.

Interminable wait at Wembley Stadium stn for Marylebone. Hour and three quarters from end of match to arrival on Charing Cross concourse. Often 45 mins, previous max 60.

Thank GHod it wasn't raining.

The dreadful performance has left me pretty numb.

Missed the kickoff due to service cancellation and delays on Chiltern Line (apparently due to signalling problem) but despite waiting until final whistle before leaving the stadium we only had to queue up for about 5 minutes to get northbound train home.

Good point...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45158878
BBC Sport sent Freedom of Information requests to the relevant police forces and local councils for all 20 Premier League teams, asking whether they had figures for the actual number of people in the stadium for each game last season.

Most said they did not hold that information, directing us to figures published by the club. But we received eight responses, relating to seven clubs. At six of those clubs, police and/or council figures differed from the official published attendances.

Although the figures only covered games which the authorities attended, some of the results were revealing:

5F73C5A0-BB93-4E43-817E-90C6603E235D.jpeg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-attendance-figures-quoting-ticket-sales.html
75 per cent of the Premier League clubs this season use a computerised access control system provided by a company called Fortress... they receive a ‘report’ from the company midway through the second half of every home game that provides them with the accurate attendance figure based on the number of tickets actually scanned on entry to their stadium that day.

The BBC did not receive figures for Arsenal but the official average was 57,054... The Arsenal Supporters’ Trust told the BBC, however, that the actual average attendance was about 46,000.

Last edited:
Back