• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Upgrading the Team

Lascelles is a really interesting one though. Watchinv him against us a few weeks ago just confirmed what a leader he is on the pitch, not scared to point out things to his teammates, very vocal, his defending was pretty much spot on all game. There is a bit of a John Terry/Tony Adams about him

The thing that worries me about Maguire is his lack of pace, his reading of the game is good which saves him at times, but he can be turned quite easily against pace. Leicester's back line sit deep which protects him and shows off a lot of his attributes, we on the other hand play with one of the highest lines in the division, that is going to be a problem.

de Ligt I've only seen a couple of times this season, he looked solid enough considering his age and clearly has bags of potential, but would he go straight into the starting line-up to replace Toby?

Lascelles might be the best option from the PL, he's come on a lot this last few years. In a very tough season for Saudi Sportswashing Machine Lascelles has performed to a very good level whenever I've seen him especially since the turn of the year establishing himself as probably their best player.

The others mentioned we could do a lot better as I don't personally feel they'd make the grade at Spurs.

As for all the back and forth about Pulisic, be aware that Spurs have a strong, positive image nowadays in the US.

NBC Sports has given the club immense respect and fair coverage since they have taken over the American PL telecasts. They announced their new deal by blasting a giant image of Gareth Bale in a Spurs shirt - arms extended - over a corner building at Times Square. Yankee soccer darling Clint Dempsey had a good run with Spurs, too, and that was a positive situation for both him and the club.

And we shouldn't discount the value of that fair coverage. Most American sports are covered on that basis - who's winning and why? - rather than the traditional UK/Euro media tendency to give the so-called 'big' clubs heavier and more sympathetic coverage, while providing coverage (often deliberately orchestrated) of lesser clubs that can be corrosive and, frequently, designed to unsettle stars at upcoming clubs so the big clubs can bid for them.

Moving to Spurs would not be seen as a step down for Pulisic in the eyes of many American fans or media members. And Spurs are about to become one of the glamour clubs of Europe with their recent emergence based on stylish play and the opening of the new stadium. Great time for a young man with talent and ambition to move to N17.

Been told the defender Gibson is leaving Boro and coming to the prem, cant remember is he any good?
Him and Maguire were the two very good CBs that were talked about a move to a prem team when Hull and Boro got relegated. From what I remember Maguire was deemed to be the better player with the ball at his feet.

Gibson is the chairmans son/nephew isnt he? Always felt he probably got a bit of an advantage there, perhaps unfairly dismissed his quality as a result.

That and he basically reminds me of Dawson when I see him, solid enough defender but not enough about him to be top level

Gibson has some tools that Poch can work with and improve. Lots of potential. I think we will be targeting other names but if none of them come to fruition then i wouldnt be that upset with Gibson.

I like other Spurs fans loved Dawson but i do not think he is/was as good as Maguire.

Maguire is a very good footballing centre back but does play with the passion that Daws did

I think the comparison could be because neither is particularly glamorous

We were interested in Lascelles when he was at Forest so there was definitely interest at one time. It seems we keep tabs on players for many years and he did look good this season and has probably benefitted from working with a manager who knows how to set up a team.

For midfielders I suspect we'll be back in for Gomes, definitely leaving this summer and is the type of player we'll need. Decent passer and can run with the ball and likely not crazily expensive, I suspect £20-25m would get him. He cost 35m euros but his stock has fallen a bit.

I always liked Krychowiak but he didn't look great for West Brom so maybe he's not as good as he was but he has won trophies and could provide some experience and leadership.

I always liked Krychowiak but he didn't look great for West Brom so maybe he's not as good as he was but he has won trophies and could provide some experience and leadership.

He was great in Spain but been dire since
Looks to me like he can’t handle the pace anymore and he isnt old

Back