• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Am i the only one thinking that this stadium will be no where near ready come the beginning of the season?

Am i the only one thinking that this stadium will be no where near ready come the beginning of the season?
It will at least in operational condition. As with all building projects, it will probably take another year before it's completely finished. We still have workers at the office we moved into 14 months ago. It's finished and working as it should, but at the same time not completely finished.
I have no worries about the stadium. It'll be done in time.

Will the pitch go on top of those trays which are shown in the photo, or will they be within those trays? (ie will the height of the full thing be higher?)

Reason for asking is that there doesnt seem much depth there for the pitch turf, which presumably needs to be at least half a foot, nearer a foot deep, so that it doesnt cut up and go through to whatever is underneath the turf?

Or am I missing something?

I believe I've read recently that most top tier playing surfaces are party synthetic/astroturf? I'm assuming that woul help keep the pitch together.

There's not that much left to do is there?

- Roofing cassettes for the remain c.60%
- Get the 3rd tray down and fill all 3 with grass
- Internal fittings on Park Lane
- The remaining c.50% of seats

I take comfort from the fact they are faffing with non-essential little things like the jumbotrons and exterior brick paving. If we were behind they'd surely do that sort of stuff between games during the season

Last edited:

I think that, if there is an issue, it is likely to be whether we have time to schedule and hold the test events.

I think that, if there is an issue, it is likely to be whether we have time to schedule and hold the test events.

There doesn't have to be a spectacle though does there? They can just get the builders and a few thousand local sixth form students to all try and get in/use each stand in turn at the same time. That sort of thing

There doesn't have to be a spectacle though does there? They can just get the builders and a few thousand local sixth form students to all try and get in/use each stand in turn at the same time. That sort of thing
There's no way levy isn't charging £50 a ticket for the test event

I don't think that is the case. My understanding is that we need to hold a couple of events at reduced (but increasing) capacity. It would be difficult to get tens of thousands of people into the ground as you suggest.

It would also be difficult to hold them before all of the work is complete because it would be complicated and take a fair bit of time to make the site safe and then reinstate everything to continue the build.

There's not that much left to do is there?

- Roofing cassettes for the remain c.60%
- Get the 3rd tray down and fill all 3 with grass
- Internal fittings on Park Lane
- The remaining c.50% of seats

I take comfort from the fact they are faffing with non-essential little things like the jumbotrons and exterior brick paving. If we were behind they'd surely do that sort of stuff between games during the season
There is a significant amount of paneling, glazing and cladding to be done at the south end of the stadium. That looks the biggest risk to me.

There is a significant amount of paneling, glazing and cladding to be done at the south end of the stadium. That looks the biggest risk to me.
The exterior is the least of any worries. That's easy and quick. It's just about more manpower to speed it up. Interior, with all the electrics and all the details is what is time consuming, and we know very little of how the progress is there.

The exterior is the least of any worries. That's easy and quick. It's just about more manpower to speed it up. Interior, with all the electrics and all the details is what is time consuming, and we know very little of how the progress is there.
The cladding is quick for sure, but the glazing is slow and tedious work. Anyway I'm sure it will be there or thereabouts come August. I'm not worried.

For all those fretting about stadium completion; go on the Spurs website and look at the time lapse images of this time one year ago - as White Hart Lane was about to be demolished - and look at today. Even comparing what the site looked like from mid-March - especially the inner bowl - to what we are seeing today, is astonishing. It has roared out of the ground.

When you look at comments from the companies involved in various aspects of the build, there is a lot of pride displayed in being part of this amazing project. I don't think any of them want to let down the cause and be the reason for a delay. Because if it all goes properly and on schedule, they'll all have greatly embellished professional reputations.

When Wembley was being built, there were all sorts of stories and gossip about troubles with the build - design, materials, workmanship, mounting delays and financial over-runs. Fractured relationships and buck-passing everywhere. None of that is happening on this job. In an age of further developed social media, nowhere can you find gripes from the professionals performing this build.

I have complete faith it will be ready to play in no later than mid-September. And it is going to be fab-fcukin-ola.

I'm sure we heard recently from someone who's been on a corporate tour that some of the interiors are 90% done - bars, kitchens, private suites etc.

Back