• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Apart from the skill he possesses, there's a fiery, competitive aspect to his game. He hates to lose.

From Levy's standpoint, Pulisic would add tremendous marketing appeal in the States at a crucial time, with the new stadium opening. Plus, Dortmund are in a bit of wobbly state these days. He might not want to stay there.

Good talent, young, sound business tactic. Ticks a lot of boxes.
Swap deal for Bennetts?

I can see Pulisic being interested, actually. There's a hint of glamour about us again, we're the only club in London to off CL, we've got Poch, and he saw our CL campaign up close last season so he may well see Spurs as a footballing upgrade. He'd be a great signing from a marketing point of view, esp. given the NFL tie-ins, is the right age, and is a damn fine player.

What are the rules about timescale for summer transfers? I believe there was a change but can't remember to what. I suspect the World Cup will make it more difficult to arrange things while its on.

The window closes before the season, and is open now.

The WC will occupy most of the window, I think, so there will be a lot of deals done around it.

Anthony Martial (unsurprisingly?) didnt make the France squad, so could be open to negotiation!

The Premier League's summer transfer window will open at 00:01 on 17 May 2018, for domestic transfers, and 8 June for international transfers.

It will close at 17:00 BST on the Thursday before the start of the season.

World Cup is 14/06 - 15/07

Will leave around 3-4 weeks for pre season and all that activity...

The Premier League's summer transfer window will open at 00:01 on 17 May 2018, for domestic transfers, and 8 June for international transfers.

It will close at 17:00 BST on the Thursday before the start of the season.

World Cup is 14/06 - 15/07

Will leave around 3-4 weeks for pre season and all that activity...

Does it close at the same time for every country? Otherwise what if our deadline closes, but Spanish deadline is open, and Barcelona move for Eriksen who then decides that he’s either sold, or he won’t play for us again. Hopefully Eriksen wouldn’t do that, and that scenario wouldn’t come to pass but if the transfer windows close on different dates then the possibility is there that that kind of scenario will unfold.

Does it close at the same time for every country? Otherwise what if our deadline closes, but Spanish deadline is open, and Barcelona move for Eriksen who then decides that he’s either sold, or he won’t play for us again. Hopefully Eriksen wouldn’t do that, and that scenario wouldn’t come to pass but if the transfer windows close on different dates then the possibility is there that that kind of scenario will unfold.
It closes on different dates, unfortunately.

Dont close on the same date, and as proven in the past we will simply refuse if we dont want to sell

1. New conversation

2. Andrew Gaffney‏Verified account @GaffneyVLC 3h3 hours ago

Puig shone in the UEFA Youth League and later made his debut with Barça B. After learning of interest from others teams, and the player's refusal to sign a new deal, he was reduced to a minimal role with the Juvenil A side (U19). Looks set to leave this summer.

1 reply0 retweets5 likes

3. Andrew Gaffney‏Verified account @GaffneyVLC 3h3 hours ago
      As for what he's like, on the admittedly limited times I've watched him, there's an air of Iniesta about him. Physically he's a little weak - remember the kid is still only 18 - but is (naturally) fantastic on the ball, dictates the tempo and can link midfield to attack.

5 replies1 retweet13 likes

I do wonder if that was part of the problem. Besides Foyth (who was linked for months), Gazzaniga (Poch's friend), and Sanchez, none of those guys seemed like absolute first choice. Obviously none of us know anything for sure, but it seemed like Perreira was first choice and we settled for Aurier when his price dropped. Same goes for Llorente, who legit signed on deadline day after Poch had already talked about getting business done early.

I guess my point was that with all these leaks — especially coming off the back of Poch quite strongly telling DL that he wants to be strongly backed — they seem to make it pretty clear who Poch's A-list targets are. This could, of course, all be a big smokescreen, but if we end up with Johnny Evans, Jay Rodriguez, and Shaqiri on deadline day, I'd be surprised. I really think this is the year Levy gets Poch his top targets.

On reflection would you still want Perreira? He's just moved to Leicester for £17.5m, less than we paid for Aurier.

Back