• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I know he isnt the most popular player on here, but when we play 3 at the back he is in the starting line up for me. His closing down is brilliant, he isnt a selfish player and he is pretty good on the ball. Although Sonny gets goals he plays with his head down too much for me, he doesnt see the player in a better position and just thinks about scoring.

I am excited to see Lamela after a proper pre season.

I know he isnt the most popular player on here, but when we play 3 at the back he is in the starting line up for me. His closing down is brilliant, he isnt a selfish player and he is pretty good on the ball. Although Sonny gets goals he plays with his head down too much for me, he doesnt see the player in a better position and just thinks about scoring.

I am excited to see Lamela after a proper pre season.

3 at the back means 2 in the AM positions which will be Eriksen and Alli tbf, would like to see how Lamela would get on in that line up with Eriksen dropped in to CM - our attack gets lot more space when we line up that way.

Last edited:
3 at the back means 2 in the AM positions which will be Eriksen and Alli tbf, would like to see how Lamela would get on in that line up with Eriksen dropped in to CM - our attack gets lot more space when we line up that way.

You would need more goals though and Lamela needs to up his game in that front

Hopefully a proper pre season will help

Funny that people talk about Lamela's lack of goals in the league. But with his 2 league goals against Leicester, Lamela has scored more league goals in the last 3 matches of the season than the rest of the squad combined, except for Kane ! In other words, Kane and Lamela are the only players to have scored goals for us in the last 3 matches. The others like Eriksen, Alli and Son simply went missing for these matches, probably saving their energy for the World Cup.

Argentina are really stupid not to pick Lamela for their World Cup squad. His work rate and creativity would have been useful for Argentina.

Defence is obviously a bit shoddy (though still better than England’s), but that midfield and attack really ought to make them one of the best in the world, they’re underperforming quite remarkably!

If Simeone, took a 2/4 year club sebatical he’d do some serious damage with this lot.

Centre midfield doesn't look that great, lots of attacking strength though.

Funny that people talk about Lamela's lack of goals in the league. But with his 2 league goals against Leicester, Lamela has scored more league goals in the last 3 matches of the season than the rest of the squad combined, except for Kane ! In other words, Kane and Lamela are the only players to have scored goals for us in the last 3 matches. The others like Eriksen, Alli and Son simply went missing for these matches, probably saving their energy for the World Cup.

I think its better to judge players over the course of a season rather than 3 games.

Agree with someone above, Lamela needs to get more goals and assists. Playing with a back 3 already means that we play with 1 fewer attacking player so in my mind, Lamela is less likely to start in that situation given he lack of goals compared to Son, Dele and Eriksen

Argentina are really stupid not to pick Lamela for their World Cup squad. His work rate and creativity would have been useful for Argentina.

What is your relationship to Lamela?
Can I get something donated from him for a charity auction please?

My mum isn’t as defensive about me as you are about him

There is so much fanboydom there...the force is strong with this one!

Don't diss the Coco fandom

1447438385Fans_In_Crowd_Screaming.gif

Back