• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Apart from the skill he possesses, there's a fiery, competitive aspect to his game. He hates to lose.

From Levy's standpoint, Pulisic would add tremendous marketing appeal in the States at a crucial time, with the new stadium opening. Plus, Dortmund are in a bit of wobbly state these days. He might not want to stay there.

Good talent, young, sound business tactic. Ticks a lot of boxes.

Apart from the skill he possesses, there's a fiery, competitive aspect to his game. He hates to lose.

From Levy's standpoint, Pulisic would add tremendous marketing appeal in the States at a crucial time, with the new stadium opening. Plus, Dortmund are in a bit of wobbly state these days. He might not want to stay there.

Good talent, young, sound business tactic. Ticks a lot of boxes.

Dortmund already have Jadon Sancho as a ready-made replacement too

Signing Pulisic would be like when we signed Modric back in 2008. That kind of level

Only Liverpool are in our way of signing him imo. City don't need him, Utd I think will go for Bale this summer, Chelski maybe if they sell Hazard but they have no CL and problems with who their manager will be

I think we have a big chance of we really make an effort

He is also a Nike sponsored player, US teammate Carter Vickers can put in a good word or two, a couple of things that may help sway the deal in our favour

Signing Pulisic would be like when we signed Modric back in 2008. That kind of level

Only Liverpool are in our way of signing him imo. City don't need him, Utd I think will go for Bale this summer, Chelski maybe if they sell Hazard but they have no CL and problems with who their manager will be

I hope you are right, but I cant help living under the assumption bigger clubs would take him regardless.

I dont watch much european football and even I know just how special he is.

I can see all the reasons why we would want him - I just dont see the ones why we could get him.

Last edited:

Since when does big clubs not necessarily needing a player stop them from signing the player in question? This has been done so many times on here, listing reasons why we are the most viable option and it literally never happens....

Since when does big clubs not necessarily needing a player stop them from signing the player in question? This has been done so many times on here, listing reasons why we are the most viable option and it literally never happens....

well we did manage to sign Lloris, Verts, Toby, Sanchez, Dele, Eriksen, Lamela, Son over the years, all who could have gone to bigger clubs with bigger squads and budgets

Modric, Bale and Berbatov many years ago

All we can do is try, and hope Pulisic likes what Spurs are doing and believes he has a greater chance of immediate first team football

"DeleHarry, post: 1053912, member: 11410"]well we did manage to sign Lloris, Verts, Toby, Sanchez, Dele, Eriksen, Lamela, Son over the years, all who could have gone to bigger clubs with bigger squads and budgets

Modric, Bale and Berbatov many years ago

All we can do is try, and hope Pulisic likes what Spurs are doing and believes he has a greater chance of immediate first team football
With the exception of Sanchez Im not sure that is true at the time we signed any of them. You are right of course all we can do is try - my point was that its pointless saying we should be in the driving seat because club x,y and z dont need him. The big clubs have a habit of filling their squads with quality, look at City - close to bringing in Mahrez in January and now being strongly linked with Zaha so clearly after another AM - would you say they really need one?

But yes, lets hope what we can offer is enough for a very talented player....

With the exception of Sanchez Im not sure that is true at the time we signed any of them. You are right of course all we can do is try - my point was that its pointless saying we should be in the driving seat because club x,y and z dont need him. The big clubs have a habit of filling their squads with quality, look at City - close to bringing in Mahrez in January and now being strongly linked with Zaha so clearly after another AM - would you say they really need one?

But yes, lets hope what we can offer is enough for a very talented player....

Yeàh good point. Let's hope they only want one more AM/WF:) If Pulisic goes there then we can go for Zaha, Martial, Lemar or even Mahrez. In the end we will end up with an excellent AM/WF who will strengthen us.

Yeàh good point. Let's hope they only want one more AM/WF:) If Pulisic goes there then we can go for Zaha, Martial, Lemar or even Mahrez. In the end we will end up with an excellent AM/WF who will strengthen us.
Agree, any of those players would make a real difference....

I always liked his father even if he is a murdering bastard.

If Ajax really are only interested in money and we are so interested in their players I really think we should make the partnership official.

Can you imagine how much their players would cost and how long it would take to complete with Levy as the chairman of both clubs

I can imagine that picture; Levy is sitting on one side at the table and saying something. Then he moves to other side to repsond. Then he moves backs agian to respond agian. He would be running around like rabbit.

I can imagine that picture; Levy is sitting on one side at the table and saying something. Then he moves to other side to repsond. Then he moves backs agian to respond agian. He would be running around like rabbit.
Haha yeah and after 2 weeks of that and the contract is about to be signed he low balls himself and storms out

Back