• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

I never thought of him like that, more he lashes out much like Dele has done but he is not nasty in nature, Adam walks onto a pitch and he wants to hurt people before the game has started, shelvey and dele just lash out when things dont go there way.

not so much in that sense, more his footballing ability. imo people are getting deceived into thinking he is some sort of deep lying playmaker. hes not. hes just an avg. pl midfielder who sits deep and likes to play long passes. he has no real ability to take the ball in tight situations and get out. correct to take loftus-cheek ahead of him imo

Dont mind L-C just to injury prone, shows how crap the national team is that we are even having this debate.

I dont think we will get out of the group myself.

Also has to be said going for power is not such a bad thing, international tournament football is different to normal football.

Hasn’t been booked in the Premier League since mid December.

More bookings than assists though

Shelvey is clearly a great passer but his gambling element of passing could hurt is in knock out games

I think if he had been Tried earlier with a partner who can defend like Dier he could have been an option

I’d my team earlier based on this squad and I had a 4-3-3 with
Pickford
Maguire Stones Cahill
Walker Dier RLC Rose
Sterling Kane Alli

For me that’s a balanced side with players who know each other well enough from their clubs

6 full backs is insane. What a waste.

Depends if we intend to play the Spurs style of Walker and Rose bombing up and down the flanks. Key position which might require depth. Trippier, Arnold and Young are up to it. Delph I guess is cover in midfield too if we get really desperate.

I'd play 3-4-3 too, although we need a good plans B and C at least. One of which includes Vardy in a 4-4-2

Butland
Maguire Stones Cahill
Walker Dier Henderson Rose
Sterling Kane Alli

I'd play 3-4-3 too, although we need a good plans B and C at least. One of which includes Vardy in a 4-4-2

Butland
Maguire Stones Cahill
Walker Dier Henderson Rose
Sterling Kane Alli
Tn1Wng9I_400x400.jpg

There is certainly enough cover for the wing back positions. I don't get what Delph is doing there. Is he there as a wing back or as a midfielder? Either way I don't get it.

Also when you have a squad of 23 players, which is quite a big squad for a tournament where you play a maximum of seven games, why not fill the squad with players with different qualities. You can afford to take a gamble on Adam Lallana who might not be fully fit, or even players like Jonjo Shelvey or Jack Wheelchair (who I don't like and think is overrated, but still has something a bit different to offer than the other midfielders in the squad). What the hell is Fabian Delph going to offer from the bench if you need something a bit different.

I'd even consider picking Andy Carroll for a squad like this. He's not a world class player, but he is world class in the air. You might be in a situation where you are desperate for a goal, but can't create chances the way you normally play. Throw him on, put a few crosses into the box and something might happen. He could be a game changer because he has outstanding qualities in one area of his game. I'd rather pick someone like him than just another decent allrounder.

Rose is lucky to be there on the basis of this season. I would have thought Bertrand was ahead of him now.

Delph makes perfect sense.

He has played very well at LB all season in a record breaking title winning team, and has a ready made relationship with Sterling on that side as well. Its a no brainer.

I wouldnt be at all surprised if he was pencilled in to start, and wouldnt have a problem with that either.

I would have taken last nights chicken korma over Welbeck, so an option like Carroll would be fine by me. He is an underrated player IMO, although its not like I think he is great either.

I agree on Rose.

Broadly I think its a decent squad, but for me Sessegnon, Tarkowski, Shelvey, Lascelles and Cork have every right to feel hard done by.

with the "big reveal" video (sorry about the source don't have twitter) -

To keep it a secret they must have done all players including those not picked - I wonder if the Wheelchair one will be discovered.

I’d my team earlier based on this squad and I had a 4-3-3 with
Pickford
Maguire Stones Cahill
Walker Dier RLC Rose
Sterling Kane Alli

For me that’s a balanced side with players who know each other well enough from their clubs

I like that team, although I'd prefer to keep Cahill out. So possibly Southgate will persist with Walker as LCB, which means a place for Trippier or even Alexander-Arnold, who has impressed in Liverpool's CL run.

I'm convinced Southgate will start with Henderson (probably as captain) and I'm afraid he will pair him with Dier, when it should be one or the other.

I agree that the core of Spurs and City players could be valuable. We could have eight outfield players from the two clubs.

How much pressure was put on the FA to pick Wellbeck? He's not even second choice at Woolwich. There would have been a great embarasment to Woolwich not to have a single player in the squad, particularly as they love to boast that they once had 7 players in an England team.

If England goes as it usually does, Hendersen will absolutely start. Not that Id have him anywhere near it.

RLC has been excellent at Palace, and much better fits the physical/athletic approach Southgate is gearing towards.

He and Dier would be really complimentary. Id even consider Dier - Alli - RLC as a midfield 3, Alli as a 10, Kane ahead and Sterling/Rashford either side.

Something like this:

......................................Pope
Alex-Arn...............Maguire..............Stones.........Delph
......................Dier....................Loftus-Cheek
.......................................Alli
...........Rashford...................................Sterling
.....................................Kane

How much pressure was put on the FA to pick Wellbeck? He's not even second choice at Woolwich. There would have been a great embarasment to Woolwich not to have a single player in the squad, particularly as they love to boast that they once had 7 players in an England team.

I wouldn’t put money on him actually going!
Keown was saying (let slip) a couple of weeks ago he has chronic knee problems similar to myself, no cartilage - bone on bone!.
Your not the only one with cattle trucked knees M8. I’m ok because I’ve had them for 64 years it’s what make so me so adorably unique ;)

As much as I dislike Hendersen and Jones, Wellbeck absolutely has no place in that squad.

None at all.

He has done fudge all for Arsenal all season.

And fudge all for England in the past, its not like he is a reliable international over the years.

It makes literally no sense at all.

Hendersen and Jones, as crap as I think they are, have at least played this season and been a part of their teams.

In which case Id have Wheelchair *spit* over Wellbeck.

I think both are brick. But Wheelchair is at least less brick, and plays a sort of role that will suit the team more.

I like that team, although I'd prefer to keep Cahill out. So possibly Southgate will persist with Walker as LCB, which means a place for Trippier or even Alexander-Arnold, who has impressed in Liverpool's CL run.

I'm convinced Southgate will start with Henderson (probably as captain) and I'm afraid he will pair him with Dier, when it should be one or the other.

I agree that the core of Spurs and City players could be valuable. We could have eight outfield players from the two clubs.

Put Cahill in as he plays left CB that’s all

Put Cahill in as he plays left CB that’s all

Maguire seems to play that well enough for England. I've no idea which side he plays for club.

So if Southgate persists with Walker as a CB it could be Walker-Stones-Maguire. Otherwise, Maguire-Stones-Cahill as you suggest might be best, as then Walker plays wing-back.

Back