• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

I know we (just about) did the job against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Watford - but those games were crying out for him to come in.

Exactly this. You could add Juve to that list. He showed his worth yesterday and was directly involved in three of our goals.

We do not even need to think about spunking £50m plus on Zaha when we have Moura already !!

Could not agree more, i am not sure Zaha is all that to be honest and Moura looks to have the tools to be our Sane, Mane and would unlock some of those defenses we seem to see against us nowadays.

Could not agree more, i am not sure Zaha is all that to be honest and Moura looks to have the tools to be our Sane, Mane and would unlock some of those defenses we seem to see against us nowadays.

Cannot agree with you there, mate... I know you don't rate Zaha - or at least think him overpriced. But then who isn't in this crazy world.

Lucas will be invaluable in transitions and counter-attacks. However he is not the player to dribble two or more opponents from a standing position, which the missing piece of the jigsaw against teams that defend with two banks of five. Lucas tried that a couple of times yesterday but clearly does not have it in his locker. Zaha does - in spades. He's been double marked even against the better teams yet still manage to clock up an astonishing season. He would improve us immensely.

Yup, very promising first league start for Moura :cool: Had the crowd buzzing almost every time he got possession and I look forward to Eriksen threading in through-balls for him next season.

For those that missed the highlights reel before it got taken down, it’s been re-uploaded...

Unfortunately, I remembered more of the times he collected the ball under no pressure and got it stuck beneath his feet.

Hoping that he will hit the ground running at the start of next season.

True that. And a few slips. I thought there was some promise on Sunday for sure, but lets remember that the game was so much more open than the previous couple, I've no doubt Son would have got some joy had he played a full game.

I really hope we don't splash on Zaha

Lucas has promise and experience
I'd much rather we add via cover for Eriksen/Dembele/Kane

Cannot agree with you there, mate... I know you don't rate Zaha - or at least think him overpriced. But then who isn't in this crazy world.

Lucas will be invaluable in transitions and counter-attacks. However he is not the player to dribble two or more opponents from a standing position, which the missing piece of the jigsaw against teams that defend with two banks of five. Lucas tried that a couple of times yesterday but clearly does not have it in his locker. Zaha does - in spades. He's been double marked even against the better teams yet still manage to clock up an astonishing season. He would improve us immensely.

It is early days for Moura so you may be right about you concerns but from what i have seen of him i think once he has played on a more regular basis ( and i think he will next season)i believe he does have the ability to do all those things. As for Zaha you are right and i do think he is overpriced ( and also about transfer fees being crazy), if he turns up here i hope he proves my opinion wrong and he lights the place up but for some reason i do not see that happening.

We shall see.

i think moura can take on a more central role as he's got a good touch and closer control. perhaps a back up to christian eriksen, and a more straightforward too. Might be possible with a fit Wanyama, with the freedom and responsibility to pick the lock through the centre.

Given the play styles, I prefer Moura as a more explicit attacking player. Ideally off the right.

Ive always fancied Lamela to do well centrally. Different player to Eriksen but his constant movement, small touches and quick passes/through balls could really thrive with (say) Son - Kane - Moura ahead of him.

I also think Winks could grow into a very Erkisen like player.

Both of which I would prefer there to Moura.

Low centre of gravity, pace, skill, unselfish and a decent shot. This guy is going to be extremely useful next season.

He was flattered tonight against a Roma team that wont defend like that once they're all match fit but he did show reasons why we splurged 25m on him.

Back