• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Upgrading the Team

£50/£60m

If we laid down a £38m deal for Sanchez, a central defender, last summer, I don't think the above figure is beyond us for a young midfielder with a huge attacking component.
Considering the financial ramifications of successive Champions League qualification and the psychological edge of the stadium move and its concomitant imperative for exciting recruitment.

Pulisic is a wet dream. I'd love to see him come to us. Very classy hard working quick player. :) I reckon he'll go to someone with more wages to offer than us, but who knows, we're actually good enough to attract these type of players now. Would love to see him in lilywhite. :)

Calm deep breaths

And a large pinch of salt.

He’s been a little off form in past couple of months at Dortmund.

Diawara and Amadou Haidara

Both are real beasts in midfield but ones who can play too

Ok I've had a look on utube. First impressions are that Diawara is superior out of the two, looks up and plays forward passes, strong in the tackle, very aware of what is around him. Plus he has shown his qualities at the top of Serie A for a fabulous team

Haidara....hmmmm, I just wonder how good Oakley Boothe would look if he played for Salzburg.

Actually if Oakley Boothe bulks up a bit more this summer I wonder if he might impress during pre season and force Poch to consider him

Ok I've had a look on utube. First impressions are that Diawara is superior out of the two, looks up and plays forward passes, strong in the tackle, very aware of what is around him. Plus he has shown his qualities at the top of Serie A for a fabulous team

Haidara....hmmmm, I just wonder how good Oakley Boothe would look if he played for Salzburg.

Actually if Oakley Boothe bulks up a bit more this summer I wonder if he might impress during pre season and force Poch to consider him

He potentially is an outstanding player

People forget Mane played over there before going to SCBC

He would now cost £70M

Haidara is probably going to replace Keita and we will then see him at a higher level

I never heard of him before this season and only because of the Europa

I see two immediate priorities: Toby replacement and Dembélé replacement.

Second tier of priorities: Eriksen understudy.

After that, yeah we need to get our fullbacks up to snuff, but I have a feeling Danny will get back to his old self and Surge will improve significantly.

As for another AM, I don't know. Moura is probably that guy. I would much rather we use that money to get the best creative midfielder we can, or the best Dembélé replacement we can. If we get rid of Lamela, then perhaps we should go for a Bailey, but if not, I wouldn't prioritize.

But what the fudge do I know!

I see two immediate priorities: Toby replacement and Dembélé replacement.

Second tier of priorities: Eriksen understudy.

After that, yeah we need to get our fullbacks up to snuff, but I have a feeling Danny will get back to his old self and Surge will improve significantly.

As for another AM, I don't know. Moura is probably that guy. I would much rather we use that money to get the best creative midfielder we can, or the best Dembélé replacement we can. If we get rid of Lamela, then perhaps we should go for a Bailey, but if not, I wouldn't prioritize.

But what the fudge do I know!

To me

#1 is Eriksen understudy (we are so brick without him, or when his form dips)
#2 is yet another attempt at a Kane understudy
Toby/Dembele obviously depends on if we sell, and for Dembele, what the long term on Winks is.
Next position for me is the FB's, we need a top level player in at least one of the FB positions.

Any suggestions? I can't think of too many

Could be a change of system rather than a direct replacement.

Dont forget Pochs "crazy ideas"!

Maybe we will pursue the 3-5-2 more heavily, meaning the 2 central can be fairly deep lying, meaning a Modric swansong will do the job.

Or perhaps we will just go more direct, get in a Shelvey to ping balls ahead.

Or maybe with some reorganising we will go with a midfield 3 of Alli/Eriksen/Wanyama. Alli/Eriksen rotating between the back and forth positions and freeing up an extra attacking position...

Could be anything really.

One thing Im sure of, there is no direct replacement for Dembele.

Last edited:
Could be a change of system rather than a direct replacement.

Dont forget Pochs "craxy ideas"!

Maybe we will pursue the 3-5-2 more heavily, meaning the 2 central can be fairly deep lying, meaning a Modric swansong will do the job.

Or perhaps we will just go more direct, get in a Shelvey to ping balls ahead.

Or maybe with some reorganising we will go with a midfield 3 of Alli/Eriksen/Wanyama. Alli/Eriksen rotating between the back and forth positions and freeing up an extra attacking position...

Could be anything really.

One think Im sure of, there is no direct replacement for Dembele.

Onomah and Loftus-Cheek are both very Dembele-like in style

Back