• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I guess the thing is with a stadium, if some of the pannels are missing, or some of the landscaping isn't done, so long as they can close off areas, and its safe, as Danish says, all we need are some seats and a pitch. A roof is probably a prerequisit too.
Jumpers for goalposts

I don't think there is much left really....

The South stand glazing (probably about a 2 week job if we dedicate the manpower to it).
The exterior panelling (another 2 week job and not actually even required in terms of the stadium being operable).
The remaining seats (could easily be done in around 2 weeks).
The roof cassettes (has looked a time consuming job so far but it only takes extra man power to accelerate. Can't see why it couldn't be completed over the next 6 to 8 weeks.
The sliding pitch. This is the only worry I have, as this is all new.
Some internal fit out (nothing challenging here)
Some completion work on the podiums around the stadium (no reason why this won't be complete by August).

Much of the above can be worked on in parallel.

Agreed. There were two big uncertainties, the roof lift and the retractable pitch. Now there is one. All the rest is just a matter of applied man-power. Apart from "acts of GHod" there seem little else to worry about.

I don't think there is much left really....

The South stand glazing (probably about a 2 week job if we dedicate the manpower to it).
The exterior panelling (another 2 week job and not actually even required in terms of the stadium being operable).
The remaining seats (could easily be done in around 2 weeks).
The roof cassettes (has looked a time consuming job so far but it only takes extra man power to accelerate. Can't see why it couldn't be completed over the next 6 to 8 weeks.
The sliding pitch. This is the only worry I have, as this is all new.
Some internal fit out (nothing challenging here)
Some completion work on the podiums around the stadium (no reason why this won't be complete by August).

Much of the above can be worked on in parallel.

I remember learning the project management triangle once. Time, scope and resource are the 3 variables you can adjust on a project.

For us time is fixed, so if we are struggling we have to do something with one of the other two - reduce the scope (open with reduced capacity/Park Lane unfinished) or increase resource (more manpower on site).

One thing's for certain, if we secretly aim for a 2019/20 opening, we'll have a completed stadium sitting (mostly) unused for at least 6-8 months surely. That will be money out the window, and I simply can't see Levy accepting that. Which is why I'm sure NWHL will be ready for next season.

It will be "ready to use", no doubt. It will probably take another year until it's "finished".
Where I work, we moved into a brand new building one and a half year ago. There are still workers around doing bits and pieces, especially automation.

I'm looking at the live feed and all I see is just people walking around. Lazy buggers.

By the way, will there be two large screens on the opposite side of the ones we see in the live feed, making it 4 total?

I'm looking at the live feed and all I see is just people walking around. Lazy buggers.

By the way, will there be two large screens on the opposite side of the ones we see in the live feed, making it 4 total?
I hope so, otherwise when there are replays there will be the whole of the North, East(side) and West(side) staring at me, or I will be thinking that anyway and get all paranoid and run out at half time.

Yep. Two not as big screens in the corners of the north stand.

Tottenham Hotspur today announced HEINEKEN, the UK’s leading pub, cider and beer company, as its Official Beer Partner ahead of the 2018-19 season.

This new partnership will see HEINEKEN supply a host of its much loved beer and cider products inside the Club’s world-class new stadium, which is set to open later this year, including Heineken®, Amstel, Strongbow and Old Mout Cider.

All products will be available in draft and bottle form throughout concourses and premium areas. Premium suite holders will also benefit from HEINEKEN’s innovative BLADE beer dispenser, allowing guests to pour their own beer in the comfort of their suites whenever they wish.

Fran Jones, Head of Partnerships, Tottenham Hotspur, said: “HEINEKEN has a rich association with sports and entertainment events across the world through its vast cider and beer offering, making them a leading player in their field. We look forward to welcoming HEINEKEN to our new home and this partnership will play an important role in our aim of delivering an unrivalled experience for all visitors to the venue.”

Chris Jowsey, sales director at HEINEKEN, said: “We have been so impressed with the Club’s vision for their new home and we are excited to play our part in giving fans an unparalleled experience in a world-class venue. It will be a home to generations of fans and we are proud that it will be our ciders and beers that they toast their new stadium with.”

Back