• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

It won't happen, but Moyes back to Everton might be best for both. For symmetry, I'd like Pardew back to West Ham, but for different reasons and with different expectations.

I think Moyes was well past his best before he left Everton, and has basically carried on somewhere between brick and underwhelming since.

Them having him back would be a massive mistake. In their shoes Id take someone like Silva all day long over Moyes.

Of course, I get that he might be very good.

Regardless though, he has been a premiership assistant coach for two years. Thats it.

Not even run a youth team, let alone worked his way up the pyramid etc.

And Arsenal, while failing, are a massive premier league club, who SHOULD be pushing for a top 4 place heavily.

For them to take Arteta (if they do) will be a huge gamble. Very bold - I would admire them just for that.

I agree. The pressure will be really on him if they do not have a good start to next season which is a little unfair because there is quite a lot to be done there. The job will be made more difficult by them having a couple of generations of fans who have only known them being near the top of the pile.

I think Moyes was well past his best before he left Everton, and has basically carried on somewhere between brick and underwhelming since.

Them having him back would be a massive mistake. In their shoes Id take someone like Silva all day long over Moyes.

I agree. They have the basics of a good team and a have a decent youth set up. The team is unbalanced and they have some players coasting. I see them as being in a similar place to us when Poch took over, maybe a rung down. They need a Poch not a Redknapp.

Poch is now the longest serving PL manager. Howe and Dyche have been at their clubs longer, but not all in the PL.

Next are Klopp, Mourinho, Guardiola and Conte. The only other PL managers to be at their clubs longer than a year are those who gained promotion: Hughton, Wagner and Benitez.

Poch is 9th in the entire football league (PL/EFL).

What is a bit surprising is that until Wenger got told to resign the longest six serving PL managers were all at the top six clubs.

they only wanted him for 6 months - he insisted on the 18 months and got he pay off.

I remember meeting a Villa fan (mate of a mate) just after Oneil so they were really brick, spent a hell of a lot of time trying to convince me what a massive club they were. It was an experience, hope Fulham smash them (love the Fulham away game).

They are a massive club, just not had any success for a long time, their fan base is good and with the right people in charge they could be a force in PL.

They are a massive club, just not had any success for a long time, their fan base is good and with the right people in charge they could be a force in PL.

Won't disagree with the other points but the fan base are muppets, always thought it at the games due to the constant begging for fouls and phantom hand balls and recent interactions reinforced this. If they were any good they would be insufferable as the red scouse.

Won't disagree with the other points but the fan base are muppets, always thought it at the games due to the constant begging for fouls and phantom hand balls and recent interactions reinforced this. If they were any good they would be insufferable as the red scouse.

When I write their fan base is good I mean in terms of turning up each week, they are just like most modern fans, complete arseholes.

When I write their fan base is good I mean in terms of turning up each week, they are just like most modern fans, complete arseholes.

Most modern fans no longer just like the game of football and also happen to follow/support this or that team. They now just follow their team to the exclusion detriment of the general enjoyment of the game.

Back