• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Trust me, Rose and Alderweireld are not the future he sees (sadly fitness issues have seen to that) and Moose? Again, fitness issues. Providing the money goes to upgrading and there is further money behind it (there is) we should cash in smartly (sell into Europe not rivals). Again, and it cannot be over-emphasized, people are hearing now
about a general plan which has been in place for some time. I will now speculate and say that there were likely three different plans based on where we finished in the table.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Can’t see that we would have a different plan whether we came 3rd or 4th.

Can’t see that we would have a different plan whether we came 3rd or 4th.

- Poch has already let slip that the club didn't set CL as a deliverable until 2nd season of new stadium
- Realistically we are/were always competing with Pool/Scum, as the funds available to the other three are stupid, we beat everyone but the Manchester clubs with all our negatives this season. And were within distance of United.

Said it before, this is simple plan/target adjustment and investment/risk decisions.

- Re ripping the spine of team out, Poch is not afraid to change, the Bentaleb/Mason pivot to Dier/Dele to Wanyama/Dembele with 5 at back, to getting rid of Walker and leaving Rose out. He doesn't keep the side consistent year to year.

Only certainties for me -> Lloris, Jan, Sanchez, Eriksen, Son, Dele, Kane, and most likely Lucas & Dier (utility role), everyone else could change without a great deal of real shock.

- Poch has already let slip that the club didn't set CL as a deliverable until 2nd season of new stadium
- Realistically we are/were always competing with Pool/Scum, as the funds available to the other three are stupid, we beat everyone but the Manchester clubs with all our negatives this season. And were within distance of United.

Said it before, this is simple plan/target adjustment and investment/risk decisions.

- Re ripping the spine of team out, Poch is not afraid to change, the Bentaleb/Mason pivot to Dier/Dele to Wanyama/Dembele with 5 at back, to getting rid of Walker and leaving Rose out. He doesn't keep the side consistent year to year.

Only certainties for me -> Lloris, Jan, Sanchez, Eriksen, Son, Dele, Kane, and most likely Lucas & Dier (utility role), everyone else could change without a great deal of real shock.

Honestly not sure that Son is that safe.

We have lost players in past windows we could’ve had due to indecisive action (that is, they were snaggable early doors but we dithered and allowed others in)
This is a key point for me.
We don't need to go nuts, we just need to be decisive and stop quibbling over small* amounts

*The amounts are not small, they are huge, but the risk/reward is far greater and therefore justifies being decisive and just buying the player at a reasonable rate

PS - we have wasted SO much money over the years, on poor signings which clearly were not going to work. This is not talking from hindsight, this was obvious. We saved pennies and pounds and patted Levy on the back for striking a great deal for player A... but then we throw stupid money at player B. There has to be a middle ground, don't throw money away, but do move quickly for the right targets

Honestly not sure that Son is that safe.

Has a knack for scoring. But completely fell away at the end of the season. He looked tired. But Son is the perfect squad, team player. Perfect for a few months in the side rotating in and out, so think he will stay if his contract is tight.

Has a knack for scoring. But completely fell away at the end of the season. He looked tired. But Son is the perfect squad, team player. Perfect for a few months in the side rotating in and out, so think he will stay if his contract is tight.

He reported to national team his ankle was damaged after the Chelsea game, apparently he's been playing through the pain.

@glasgowspur until we get a functioning back up to Harry, Son is safe, his goals have been critical the last two seasons.

Not necessarily. We have lost players in past windows we could’ve had due to indecisive action (that is, they were snaggable early doors but we dithered and allowed others in).

Im sure we have. However, we are still at the bottom of the (top) food chain, we have a place in things with bigger fish swimming above our heads.

I am in no way saying we SHOULDNT get in, get done, all decisive. Thats exactly what I want every year - Im just saying its not always possible and Poch may need to live with that.

Trust me, Rose and Alderweireld are not the future he sees (sadly fitness issues have seen to that) and Moose? Again, fitness issues. Providing the money goes to upgrading and there is further money behind it (there is) we should cash in smartly (sell into Europe not rivals). Again, and it cannot be over-emphasized, people are hearing now
about a general plan which has been in place for some time. I will now speculate and say that there were likely three different plans based on where we finished in the table.

Im not against it at all. Im totally calm. I have just put forward that his "crazy ideas" could be to effectively gut the team and change things around.

Im all up for it, providing the replacements do the job!

I know that under the current rules, I am not allowed to say that you are a mentally challenged WUM, but is it OK for me to think that you are a mentally challenged WUM?

Why are you not allowed to say that if it helps you feel better?
Maybe I should have said "in the short term"
The increase in revenue from the NWHL will be a gradual over the next few seasons IMHO.

There does seem to be a trend on here that the stadium benefits will almost instantaneous.
I would think there will be some upset folk come the end of the transfer window.
TV revenue and the sales of players will still largely fund our transfers the stadium effect on on income will come but over time.

Last edited:
There does seem to be a trend on here that the stadium benefits will almost instantaneous.

Why wouldnt they be?

I think realistically nobody expects the stadium to fund transfer fees. People expect it to fund an increase in wages.

I also think, with near twice the people coming through the gates, and year round multi purpose use - the revenue from the stadium will instantly double (at least).

Which should satisfy increased expenditure even if we are paying off the build as well.

Why wouldnt they be?

I think realistically nobody expects the stadium to fund transfer fees. People expect it to fund an increase in wages.

I also think, with near twice the people coming through the gates, and year round multi purpose use - the revenue from the stadium will instantly double (at least).

Which should satisfy increased expenditure even if we are paying off the build as well.

Yes to above but I'm little more cautious on the time frame.
IMHO the revenues will and repayments will go through a state of flux and then settle next season.
The effect of the new stadium is not yet really known.

Obviously we will wait and see, but it seems pretty fair to say the money is going to come in instantly.

Quite how much of the extra revenue will go to paying off debt, and how much will go to expenses etc we wont know for some time, but surely we will be able to spend more now? The money is coming in...

He reported to national team his ankle was damaged after the Chelsea game, apparently he's been playing through the pain.

@glasgowspur until we get a functioning back up to Harry, Son is safe, his goals have been critical the last two seasons.

The three biggest gaps in our squad are cover for Harry, Erikson and Dembele. So I will be disappointed if we don't try and get more suitable cover for Harry than what we have, including son as that isn't his natural position.

Three reasons I think son might be moved on,
Tactically I don't think he is disciplined enough, he is all over the place at times and defensively poor

The swings in his form are to severe, he goes from world beater to panel beater in the blink of an eye.

But most importantly I think his national service is looming, now may be the best time to move him on.

The three biggest gaps in our squad are cover for Harry, Erikson and Dembele. So I will be disappointed if we don't try and get more suitable cover for Harry than what we have, including son as that isn't his natural position.

Tactically I don't think he is disciplined enough, he is all over the place at times and defensively poor

The swings in his form are to severe, he goes from world beater to panel beater in the blink of an eye.

But most importantly I think his national service is looming, now may be the best time to move him on.

I can’t see anyone paying a large transfer fee for Son with his national service looming. He always seems to be the first option for the bench even when he’s playing well so I think we’d struggle to replace him with a squad player of equal quality and team ethic(In terms of his place in the squad as opposed to on the pitch where he can be a little blinkered)

Moura will take more minutes and game from him too. He’s performed better than the two intended back ups for Kane at CF and is good for a goal 1 in 3, so for all these reasons I really can’t see him going anywhere.

How much is Son worth?
40m? not sure
Takers?
I can see the logic.

This is the thing with him for me, in a nutshell.

Far to inconsistent, and often a bit of a liability when he goes wandering.

In fairness though I do think he has improved in these respects this year.

Son is an excellent squad player and currently our best backup for Kane. He also generally seems happy with his role. If he was more consistent he would be pushing for more regular starts. There is also the bonus of him being of interest in the Asian markets.

On the new stadium revenue, I agree we are not likely to see an immediate jump in spending. The cost of the stadium means there will be long-term debt and some immediate costs. It makes sense to phase in the extra spending and get reduce the amount of debt needed. A big if will be the naming rights deal. One with upfront payments could mean more extra revenue from the stadium immediately. A big one that meets all Levy's requirements might also make him more confident about increasing the spending now, whereas if the deal is not so good or if he doesn't see one that is suitable he will be much more conservative. All this will reflect on the discussions of the new project.

40m seems low when we're talking a lot more for Zaha

I haven't a clue M8
£50m for a footballer makes my head spin...
Son's got be?? £50-60
I like Son but he's prone to deep troughs of form (it feels like)
Zaha will be more than £50m in the current stupid market...

How much is Son worth?
40m? not sure
Takers?
I can see the logic.
It's a tough one, unlike any other player his age with his abilities as long as the national service is hanging over his head he value will only drop.
The closer to the call up the less he is worth.

Back