• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

From what i heard at the game yesterday Sanchez was not going to be in the squad until Jan picked up a knock before the game? not sure if that was right or not.

He wasn’t. When the team and subs were announced, Sanchez didn’t feature at all. He was added as a sub when Wanyama was ‘upgraded’ to the starting 11 after Jan’s warm up injury.

It really would ‘t surprise me if a few more players sign new deals in the next couple of days with Toby signing a new contract chucked inbetween.

Strengthening a rival is a bad thing. We are close to Man United in the league. I hope that Levy sells abroad like with Bale. We should never sell to a club in the premier league. Even if it costs us money.

I have some hope that maybe they will sit down and sign a contract. All does not seem lost. But we will see soon I suppose.

Toby is a massive player for us. Be gutting to lose him.

Strengthening a rival is a bad thing. We are close to Man United in the league. I hope that Levy sells abroad like with Bale. We should never sell to a club in the premier league. Even if it costs us money.

I have some hope that maybe they will sit down and sign a contract. All does not seem lost. But we will see soon I suppose.

Toby wants to go to team X
Team X will pay the best price NOW
We say NO
Toby can just wait and go when his buy out clause kicks in for half or a fraction of the money.

Toby wants to go to team X
Team X will pay the best price NOW
We say NO
Toby can just wait and go when his buy out clause kicks in for half or a fraction of the money.

If that means we don’t strengthen a domestic rival next season then fair enough. He would also be another year older.

If that means we don’t strengthen a domestic rival next season then fair enough. He would also be another year older.

That’s one way of looking at it!
Let’s hope Levy shares your opinion, it may or may not be that simple.
Levy might agree it’s worth 25m to keep him away from a EPL side.

Many questions but we have no idea what is going to happen.

Personally I’d get shot of Toby and get the Ajax lad in, would not want Toby moping around the place killing time.
I could change my mind next week.

That’s one way of looking at it!
Let’s hope Levy shares your opinion, it may or may not be that simple.
Levy might agree it’s worth 25m to keep him away from a EPL side.

Many questions but we have no idea what is going to happen.

Personally I’d get shot of Toby and get the Ajax lad in, would not want Toby moping around the place killing time.
I could change my mind next week.
I think its more what Poch thinks and he could well prefer the 40m for him to spend this season than 25m the next especially if Toby isn’t fully committed which judging by fact he hasn’t signed new deal yet would suggest he isn’t...

I think its more what Poch thinks and he could well prefer the 40m for him to spend this season than 25m the next especially if Toby isn’t fully committed which judging by fact he hasn’t signed new deal yet would suggest he isn’t...

Exactly!

I think its more what Poch thinks and he could well prefer the 40m for him to spend this season than 25m the next
If those are the sums involved, it is a no-brainer. £15m is nothing nowadays, it is a punt on N'Jie, it is a slightly better Naming Rights deal, it all comes down to the mentality of the player and I think/hope Toby is mature enough to buckle down when told to do so and see out his contract.

His passing against Leicester showed what a class act he can be. Lost count of the diagonal balls he pinged to the feet of the wingers. I think Poch would like to keep him. Whether we can time will tell. Bale, Modric etc transfer speculation over the summer, shows it is likely he will actually be off once our price is met. Lets hope it is abroad, but the money is in the PL and Toby didn't do too well in Spain before.

Would be amazing if we could shift Sissoko, Janssen, GKN, maybe even Lamela to raise funds instead.

Last edited:

In the long run, it might cost us more.

Back