• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Thought Harry was vastly better in his movement yesterday.
He did seem to move better, although it's very hard to compare the Leicester game (end to end basketball 5-4) to the "defend at all costs, two banks of four" we faced in other games.
Note that when Moura charged down the right back (Simpson?) 's pass, he and Kane easily outpaced the Leicester defenders.
Dier and Eriksen also had moments when they outpaced the Leicester defence easily.

The attitude towards Kane from the media and general public has been disgraceful.
The bloke claimed a goal, a goal he feels he scored. Big fudging deal. he used an everyday colloquialism, and the next thing he was pilloried not just by macarons behind keyboards whose knuckles are usually bruised from walking, but by ear-whistling fools at other clubs who decided to hide behind "a bit-o-bantz-innit-mate" and have actually taken the opportunity to hassle, harangue and bully a top professional. To cap it all, the FA join in with the "joke" and Kane is meant to "be thick-skinned" and "get over it" when the "joke" keeps getting recycled and perpetuated for beyond itself. Kane has also had 80% less protection from refs this season, and was even targeted as a "diver" after one incident where the keeper (Karios) caught him and he went over.

The guy just scored 30 premiership goals in a season, improving on 29 last season and 25 the previous (both golden boot seasons) and hit FORTY GOALS in all competitions. This after hitting a bad patch of form compromised by injury and the campaign waged against him.

He earned both ours, and the manager's, trust to play through that bad spell, and even when he was definitely suffering he scored VITAL goals, and finally looked to have found his feet properly on Sunday.

We are so, so lucky to have him, yet of England have a bad World Cup, he will doubtless carry the can. He deserves national respect!!!

Last edited:
The stick from fans I can kind of get, it is bound to happen and does happen when any player does something in the slightest bit questionable.

But getting stick from the FA was absolutely outrageous. To stick the boot in on the player you are hoping will lead the country in a World Cup just a few months away is macaronic.

He did seem to move better, although it's very hard to compare the Leicester game (end to end basketball 5-4) to the "defend at all costs, two banks of four" we faced in other games.
Note that when Moura charged down the right back (Simpson?) 's pass, he and Kane easily outpaced the Leicester defenders.
Dier and Eriksen also had moments when they outpaced the Leicester defence easily.

The Leicester defence must be slow if Dier outpaced them. :rolleyes:

The stick from fans I can kind of get, it is bound to happen and does happen when any player does something in the slightest bit questionable.

But getting stick from the FA was absolutely outrageous. To stick the boot in on the player you are hoping will lead the country in a World Cup just a few months away is macaronic.

I question that it was questionable.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Kane and Eriksen are often quicker than you expect

Is the golden boat an actual trophy now? When Harry won it it’s been treated with “whatever” hasn’t it? Where was Geoff shreeves the last couple of seasons? All in all very strange scenes at Anfield today for a 4th place finish.

Its the Liverpool love in.

Im not sure Ive ever seen a club so pandered too by the media. It becomes even more bizarre when, really, they have been nothing remarkable for a long time.

City just won the league, breaking records left and right, and SSN dismiss it just so they can fawn over Salah and Pool.

Ill be damned if I can get my head around it.

The attitude towards Kane from the media and general public has been disgraceful.
The bloke claimed a goal, a goal he feels he scored. Big fudging deal. he used an everyday colloquialism, and the next thing he was pilloried not just by macarons behind keyboards whose knuckles are usually bruised from walking, but by ear-whistling fools at other clubs who decided to hide behind "a bit-o-bantz-innit-mate" and have actually taken the opportunity to hassle, harangue and bully a top professional. To cap it all, the FA join in with the "joke" and Kane is meant to "be thick-skinned" and "get over it" when the "joke" keeps getting recycled and perpetuated for beyond itself. Kane has also had 80% less protection from refs this season, and was even targeted as a "diver" after one incident where the keeper (Karios) caught him and he went over.

The guy just scored 30 premiership goals in a season, improving on 29 last season and 25 the previous (both golden boot seasons) and hit FORTY GOALS in all competitions. This after hitting a bad patch of form compromised by injury and the campaign waged against him.

He earned both ours, and the manager's, trust to play through that bad spell, and even when he was definitely suffering he scored VITAL goals, and finally looked to have found his feet properly on Sunday.

We are so, so lucky to have him, yet of England have a bad World Cup, he will doubtless carry the can. He deserves national respect!!!
Wish I could award this post ten likes! But just for the record, it's FORTY ONE goals in all comps he's hit this season.:D

I think that was blown out of all proportion.

Comment, yes. Ongoing campaign and attempts at making a clam of him? Way OTT.

And I do think its fair to question if the same would have happened were it St Salad.
Judging by the way the punch and the blatant dive were “reported” on in the last couple of weeks I think we can safely say that’s a no!

However that might just be because Kane’s in the part of the cycle where he has to be brought down by the media, whereas Salah is on the being built up part of the cycle?

Maybe when Salah hits 40 goals for the next 2 seasons we’ll see a similar treatment for him?

Back