• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Saw the quotes again just now but without any surrounding article - they read much more positively like that i think and is actually quite encouraging in light of recent debate over whether Poch has hit a ceiling/is the man to take us forward - to me this is him saying he isn't finished with this team and he wants to improve us further still.

You'd be worried if he didn't think or say something like this. An interesting question is, if Poch hadn't alluded to this in public, would it have had the same effect delivered in private? Would it have been a 'call to arms' for the whole club, and would Levy take it as seriously delviered behind closed doors?

By ending the season setting out his determination for the next so publicly its a rallying cry. It has more gravitas than a closed door briefing where of course this would be discussed. So is Poch stupidly saying too much in the open or just the right amount?

Last edited:
You'd be worried if he didn't think or say something like this. An interesting question is, if Poch hadn't alluded to this in public, would it have had the same effect delivered in private? Would it have been a 'call to arms' for the whole club, and would Levy take it as seriously delviered behind closed doors?

By ending the season setting out his determination for the next so publicly its a rally cry. It has more gravitas than a close door briefing where of course this would be discussed. So it Poch stupidly saying too much or just the right amount?

I think he's saying just the right amount and you're absolutely right, in private it doesn't have the same element of applying the right amount of gentle pressure to ensure the message is delivered and everyone's minds our centered on the task at hand.

And, he didn't say any of this during the season. He offered no distractions, just a focus on getting the job done. Now is the time for pushing on, new stadium, CL again, let's make sure everyone knows this is the time to really watch us fly.

By ending the season setting out his determination for the next so publicly its a rallying cry. It has more gravitas than a closed door briefing where of course this would be discussed. So is Poch stupidly saying too much in the open or just the right amount?
Poch says it like it is. A bit like the 'if we win a cup (fa or caribou)it's not gonna change this club' statement.

It can cause a bit of a storm, just like this has but at the end of the day, he has to say it, its what he believes and nearly every time he's being honest with us. I'm happy with that.

The press can do what they like with it.

Levy and Poch in a room, and it's only what THEY think that counts.

Last edited:
Would still be too late for Poch. He wants everyone he wants in before the US tour I suspect. At the latest.

We are quite slow starters under Poch, so it makes sense to get his targets signed as quickly as possible. A fast start to the season could see us challenge for the title. A faster start might have won us two league titles the years we finished 3rd and 2nd (not this season though, City getting 100 points is just ridiculous).

The media are lazy and just repeat what someone has said before them. That is why they did not see the rise of UKIP and then Corbyn. The media have an agenda of sorts against in that they will always talk us down but only because they do not have the creativity to actually have genuine thoughts. It is why so many reporters are on twitter these days. They are immersed in tech and have forgotten how to think.

Apologies for the tangential (if not quite OT) nature of this, but I think everyone ought to watch this interview. Noam Chomsky dissecting Andrew Marr.

Big banner SSN headline

Chelsea considering a move for Pochettino if Conte leaves

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha literally laughing out loud

Big banner SSN headline

Chelsea considering a move for Pochettino if Conte leaves

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha literally laughing out loud

It’s just like....how out of touch to various journos/producers/whoever else have to be with the reality of the situation to remotely think there is even the slimmest chance of that happening? Absolutely bizarre.

It’s just like....how out of touch to various journos/producers/whoever else have to be with the reality of the situation to remotely think there is even the slimmest chance of that happening? Absolutely bizarre.

well if Chelski want him then of course the media will make it a headline. The only one ones out of touch are Chelski. As if he would go there:)

well if Chelski want him then of course the media will make it a headline. The only one ones out of touch are Chelski. As if he would go there:)

I don’t think Chelsea do want him. I think they want someone like him, but I don’t think for a second they feel like they could ever get the actual Mauricio Pochettino. There’s more chance of us sacking Poch to sign Wenger.

He will never coach Barca due to his ties with espanyol ... But Chelsea he simply can't turn down hahaha.

Got to be an idiot to swallow that brick

I don’t think Chelsea do want him. I think they want someone like him, but I don’t think for a second they feel like they could ever get the actual Mauricio Pochettino. There’s more chance of us sacking Poch to sign Wenger.

Hmm.. Consistent top four finishes.. Cheeky bid?

Infamy infamy they have all got it in for me!
Every fan thinks this no matter who they support.

While that is fair, there is some "realities"

- Pool has consistently gotten better/more positive coverage than their results of last decade warrant (large number of ex pros in media)
- Chelsea gets a pass on the blood money, RA's past and the fact that their fans are largely racist pieces of brick
- Spurs achievements have largely been discounted over the Redknapp -> Poch era, when it is covered positively, it's in a "well that's only this season" and the narrative of us selling our best players has never left even though its far more applicable to Scum or Pool.
- Even this season, for Spurs games, they would run media pieces on fudging Wenger/SAF at half time, even though we weren't playing them.

The reality is Sky initially branded a top 4, the FA built schedules around that, and the marketing, PR and brand investments were for those teams. Kudos to us for making it a top 6, but the brand machine still has a bias

And to all those who still discount it, I'll make a bet

- At the predictions stage for next season, at least 50% of media/pundits will put Pool as title challengers and Spurs as outsiders for top 4, despite the fact that we have finished above them 8 out of 9 seasons.

Back