• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*OMT* Tottenham Hotspur vs Leceister

My final league game at Wembley and what a way to finish! After the City and Utd games I had decided that enough was enough, but then caved at the last minute and booked a flight. Last game of the season and needed a fix, it's going to be a long break until next season. I thoroughly enjoyed that, even at three one down I thought we could do something. Full credit to Leicester they made it fun and didn't hang back. Great open game of football, horrendous defending, some good goals, cracker by Iheanacho, couple of nice ones from Harry, Hugo kept us in it, Vardy's celebrations negated, loved it!

The season was like a good round of golf that went a bit pear shaped, but then a birdie on the 18th brings you back! COYS!

I was made up. We had only ever seen us win once (AFC Wimbledon) in all the times we had gone to Wembley 12 times, so to finish with a game like that was brilliant. And if that is the last time I see Tottenham there live, then I suppose it truly was a fitting finale

If Toby was being frozen out because of the contract situation, why did he play recent games? Could it mean there has been some progress?

[Takes a deep breath]
He turned his ass to every shot in the game. Clear sign he's turned his ass to Spurs and is leaving.

On a more serious note, He was terrible, and has been average at best, the times he's played this half of the season.

Hope things work out for your pal, never been to Canada but i have a good biker friend who lives in Alberta who is always going on at me to go over and stay with him for a while, one day. Hope you find time to post more as i have missed our discussions. :D

Thanks, bud. Come down one day - we're nice, if a bit strange as per @K.D.D.D.D.Soc . :p In the meanwhile, here's to arguing about Levy and agreeing about cups for as long as it takes for the lads to win a league title and shut us both up. ;)

It is great to finish the season in 3rd place in the league ! It was good to end the season with another win, especially in our last match at Wembley. But it was another unconvincing performance. We did well to come back from 1-3 down to win 5-4. But any team who concede 4 goals at home deserves all the criticism they get. Really hate the topsy turvy 4-4, 5-4, 6-4 circus scores like these ! It might be enjoyable for neutral fans but it is too tense to enjoy for the teams and the fans involved. Not sure when Pochettino will learn that Dier is not good enough to play in defence !

Credit to Kane and Lamela for scoring 2 goals each. This means Kane has scored 30 league goals this season, something not done by any Spurs player in the PL before. It shows Kane has been improving season by season as he has scored 21, 25, 29 and now 30 league goals in the past 4 seasons. Kane has not been in great form since coming back from injury but still did well to score 6 goals in his last 7 league matches. But still it is disappointing that Kane has failed to overtake Salah who won the Golden Boot as the top scorer with 32 league goals this season. Let's hope Kane will win back the Golden Boot next season. Great to see Lamela managing to score much-needed league goals this season. In fact, Lamela was very unlucky not to get the hattrick as his shot was deflected into goal for our 3rd goal.

Our midfield of Wanyama and Sissoko had a poor match. Wanyama has continued to look rusty since coming back from injury while Sissoko had another poor match. Wanyama could have prevented 2 of the goals we conceded if he had been more alert. Not sure if Sissoko has a future at Spurs after all his poor performences this season. Moura did well to get the assist for Kane but had a quiet game for most of the match.

Our defence deserves no credit after conceding 4 goals at home. Not sure why Pochettino keeps on starting Dier in defence when it has been proven many times that he is too error-prone to play in defence. We badly missed Vertonghen who got injured during the warm-up. We need Vertonghen and Alderweireld together in defence. Also, Alderweireld has not been at his best this season, most probably being affected by his contract talks. Walker-Peters did well to assist 2 goals for Lamela but still not fully convinced of his defending.

This is our first win over Leicester in the league at home since 2015. And when we beat Leicester 4-3 in 2015, they went on to win the league the following season. Hope we can do that next season for a change ! But Pochettino really need to strengthen our squad and mentality if we want to fight for league title next season, especially with us playing at our new stadium. We did well to finish in top 3 places for the third consecutive season. But still it is disappointing that we failed to win any trophy. Let's hope we will have a much stronger squad to fight for the league title and win at least 1 trophy next season.

Back