• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*OMT* Tottenham Hotspur vs Leceister

Popcorn? fudging popcorn? A new low.

Sums Wembley up for me.

Don't get me wrong it was very tidy for a year, and awesome to set the PL record attendance. But what a soulless venue. We started to put our stamp on it, and it was rocking for the biggest games, but NWHL will be so so much better. With popcorn and tourists it represents a vacuous form of entertainment and feels like a multiplex cinema not a football ground.

Good luck Paxo

A couple of weeks ago I drove up to Liverpool and it took ages / was boring, full of traffic and speed cameras... and right near Liverpool I saw a sign for Warrington and thought of you making all these trips up and down the country. You must be mad!

Cheers. Hope you enjoyed the constant 50mph zones between the Toll Road and the M62, especially the 15mile one between J16 and J19...:(

did you think we were going to come back? I was tinkled off and I like to vent my frustrations

Honestly yes, I said to my son we are going to win when they scored the third, I felt less sure when they made it 4 - 4. I get frustrated but I never give up or lose faith. We had an other game like that against Leicester a few years back and won 4 - 3

did you think we were going to come back? I was tinkled off and I like to vent my frustrations

I didnt think we were NOT going to come back.

The whole game was clearly one of those once a season oddities that can only really happen on the last day.

I was largely ambivalent about how it was going, and wasnt at all surprised we won.

When the 5th went in I think we broke them. Up until then whoever won was going to be whoever was in line for dominance in the last 5 minutes.

All a bit of fun, considering it didnt really count for brick.

That being said, my stream commentary kept going on about 4th going into a qualifying round for CL, Im sure thats wrong!

I didn't think we were going to come back when we went 1-3 down. I thought the players were gonna do a Saudi Sportswashing Machine away all over again. Lamela and Kane had other ideas!

Ottawa, mate - capital of Canada. I became a Canadian public servant in January. And, surprising though it may be to some folks (looking at you, scara), we work hard enough as a class that, in my case, posting necessarily became a lot less frequent after moving. :p

Hope things work out for your pal, never been to Canada but i have a good biker friend who lives in Alberta who is always going on at me to go over and stay with him for a while, one day. Hope you find time to post more as i have missed our discussions. :D

As for the game it was like watching the "Keystone Cops " at times ( both sides), do not think i have seen us so open and i must admit i hope i do not again :eek:. Funny enough i had a good mate of mine down for a few days ( City supporter ST and has been for decades before they became money doped so he has seen a lot of hard times watching them) and i got him a ticket for the game, when we were down 3-1 he said you are going to win this 5-4 i thought he was taking the tinkle:D

I didn't think we were going to come back when we went 1-3 down. I thought the players were gonna do a Saudi Sportswashing Machine away all over again. Lamela and Kane had other ideas!
I think the Saudi Sportswashing Machine debacle was probably weighing on the players' minds and they resolved not to let something like this happen again.

On a separate note, how strange that Harley had to come in to settle down a defense featuring Toby. :eek:

I think the Saudi Sportswashing Machine debacle was probably weighing on the players' minds and they resolved not to let something like this happen again.

On a separate note, how strange that Harley had to come in to settle down a defense featuring Toby. :eek:

I think Sanchez helped as much by being an extra defender as anything. Wanyama and Sissoko were providing very little protection and leaving the defence exposed. Though my preferred choice next season would be to have Toby, Sanchez and Vert in a back 3. Not holding my breath that we'll keep Toby though.

If Toby was being frozen out because of the contract situation, why did he play recent games? Could it mean there has been some progress?

[Takes a deep breath]

My final league game at Wembley and what a way to finish! After the City and Utd games I had decided that enough was enough, but then caved at the last minute and booked a flight. Last game of the season and needed a fix, it's going to be a long break until next season. I thoroughly enjoyed that, even at three one down I thought we could do something. Full credit to Leicester they made it fun and didn't hang back. Great open game of football, horrendous defending, some good goals, cracker by Iheanacho, couple of nice ones from Harry, Hugo kept us in it, Vardy's celebrations negated, loved it!

The season was like a good round of golf that went a bit pear shaped, but then a birdie on the 18th brings you back! COYS!

I think Sanchez helped as much by being an extra defender as anything. Wanyama and Sissoko were providing very little protection and leaving the defence exposed. Though my preferred choice next season would be to have Toby, Sanchez and Vert in a back 3. Not holding my breath that we'll keep Toby though.
More than likely. But my view makes for a better narrative. :p

Back