• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

the noise ... i recall that acoustic design was going to be a key part of the design... i imagine that it will sound smaller than it looks despite the increase in size

the noise ... i recall that acoustic design was going to be a key part of the design... i imagine that it will sound smaller than it looks despite the increase in size

I would have thought the idea would be to keep as much noise inside as possible, making more atmosphere, not sure that would make it "sound" smaller?

Unless you mean it will help make things feel more closed in?

Isn't the acoustic design about rapid transfer of sound? The weird thing about Wembley is the lag between a chant starting and it being picked up elsewhere; it's like singing a round.

I can't see how an acoustic design can change the speed of sound. I think the idea is that the cassettes reflect the sound into the stands rather than absorbing it. So sound from the stand below gets reflected to the opposite stand and sound from the opposite stand gets reflected down

Isn't the acoustic design about rapid transfer of sound? The weird thing about Wembley is the lag between a chant starting and it being picked up elsewhere; it's like singing a round.
I can't see how an acoustic design can change the speed of sound. I think the idea is that the cassettes reflect the sound into the stands rather than absorbing it. So sound from the stand below gets reflected to the opposite stand and sound from the opposite stand gets reflected down

In an interview with GQ magazine, Populous said that “acousticians” had contributed towards the design of the new 61,000-seat stadium, which will replace the club’s 35,000-capacity White Hart Lane.
The company said that the stadium would allow for “more clean reverberation times” so crowd noises and chanting would last longer.

Christopher Lee, Populous’ managing director of EMEA, added: “The studies we’ve done show when you start breaking up acoustics everyone gets out of sync so they stop singing. So, once they create acoustics where they don’t break down, the reverberation times are quicker, they last longer and get louder. The louder people get, the louder people around them get, and so the atmosphere and the noise builds.”

The curved stadium roof will be lined with aluminium in order to deflect sound back into the stands, the report said.

“[We’ve even looked into] how much padding do we have in the seats, where do we have that padding in the seats, which also deals with acoustics,” he added.

http://www.thestadiumbusiness.com/2...acoustic-brilliance-of-new-tottenham-stadium/

In an interview with GQ magazine, Populous said that “acousticians” had contributed towards the design of the new 61,000-seat stadium, which will replace the club’s 35,000-capacity White Hart Lane.
The company said that the stadium would allow for “more clean reverberation times” so crowd noises and chanting would last longer.

Christopher Lee, Populous’ managing director of EMEA, added: “The studies we’ve done show when you start breaking up acoustics everyone gets out of sync so they stop singing. So, once they create acoustics where they don’t break down, the reverberation times are quicker, they last longer and get louder. The louder people get, the louder people around them get, and so the atmosphere and the noise builds.”

The curved stadium roof will be lined with aluminium in order to deflect sound back into the stands, the report said

“[We’ve even looked into] how much padding do we have in the seats, where do we have that padding in the seats, which also deals with acoustics,” he added.

http://www.thestadiumbusiness.com/2...acoustic-brilliance-of-new-tottenham-stadium/

So, one big tinfoil hat to block the brainwashing?

...they've been looking into people's bums?

Curious what this is for (the outermost roof panel). They're not like that on the other side. I thought maybe yet another skywalk, but it's only at the outer edge.

WHL_82.png

fhuts8n.jpg

Is it for the inside circle of the roof?

This is a nice view, the 2 massive screens are in, still work going on now

Last edited:
Back