• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Can someone who has access to the latest current revenue and projections do the sums? I’m sure that the new stadium at a minimum allows us to start paying our players what they are worth with higher basics. I’ve never really thought of the new stadium putting us in a new league with regards to a transfer budget, but I think wages is the real game changer for us. We can start to pay top quality players higher basics, which means they will be happier to accept being rotated and as such we can have a deeper squad full of experience as well as keeping our best players for longer.

I’ve never been sure how Levy decides what the transfer budget should be considering costs are spread over years, but wages seems like something a lot easier to discuss and predict.

It also comes down to how fast we want to pay down the debts. How much we will get in naming rights money. Interest rate projecting.... Not sure you can borrow that much money on fixed rate... or can You?

Unless something has significantly changed since last week (and I have no reason the believe that is the case) then it is as that. I know he does not want to fudge around in the transfer window. We have been working on ideas since two windows ago. I would speculate that making the qualification a little harder than it could've been in the end might've added a layer of tension, as the diff between CL and non-CL interns of attraction and wages is massive. The Goons have had to massively overpay to get a couple of big names in, and they are shafted in terms of a squad. Look, if Poch turns around and says he wants Ronaldo, then obviously we are in big trouble. But people have to trust their relationship. It has got us from an under-achieving, entertaining but ultimately soft echo of glory to a crisp, solid, fit, strong over-achieving club Wirth a re-written structure, excellent facilities and one of the best new stadiums in Europe. I cannot see either man being stupid enough to throw it all away now, and once again, we will have to recognize that media will spin everything into a negative hole if they can...
Please be right... Please be right... Please be right...Please be right... Please be right... Please be right...Please be right... Please be right... Please be right...Please be right... Please be right... Please be right...Please be right... Please be right... Please be right...Please be right... Please be right... Please be right...

Big credit in the end for getting us over the line, needs more backing and help from the chairman because the squad just isn't big enough or full of enough quality throughout to attack everything and we shouldn't be in a position where we are saying well if we are trying to win the League Cup we can't fully go for the League or FA Cup. We have to be able to try and win every competition we are in, that is the only way you breed a winning mentality because a succession of wins makes players want it more and less likely to tolerate failure.

A trophy is an absolute must next season. Give me 5th or 6th now if it means any silverware, we simply have to start winning trophies.
Finishing 5th or 6th would actually show anything but a winning mentality. Players with winning mentalities want to go toe to toe with the best (CL) not get one over Accrington Stanley.

I really can't see Levy changing our policy, he doesn't take risks, and it can be just as brave to stay the course at times as it is to try something new.

Indeed, and to that end I don't think Poch is interested in deviating away from everything, but this is all about enriching and adding the final necessary ingredients to make sure we don't have 10 mins against Juve, etc, etc...

Indeed, and to that end I don't think Poch is interested in deviating away from everything, but this is all about enriching and adding the final necessary ingredients to make sure we don't have 10 mins against Juve, etc, etc...

I believe a lot of what he's asking for is a change of attitude, from the top down.. An injection of bravery from the people running our club.

He said as much after the loss to Juve, he wants Levy and other 'high-ups' prowling, making their presence known and their impact felt.

Particularly with the move to our new stadium, we have the chance to create the mood and environment from scratch.

Poch clearly believes the responsibility is as much Levy's as his own, his players or the fans to make it a feared place to visit, particular for CL ties.

I believe implementing this kind of 'club wide' attitude is more important to Poch than simply splashing cash as the media are lazily suggesting.

Of course a few shrewd, marquee, experienced signings wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited:
Finishing 5th or 6th would actually show anything but a winning mentality. Players with winning mentalities want to go toe to toe with the best (CL) not get one over Accrington Stanley.

And to that end, if Chelsea somehow beat United in the final, no one can tell me that should be looked upon as a successful season for them, representative of a quality side or something we should aspire to be just because we have ‘a trophy’ at the end of it.

While we are busy showing true consistency every season, they are busy sleeping every other year before deciding to play again. Good for them. They may get an FA Cup out of it. But absolutely no one will be able to say I would rather have Chelsea’s season this year vs ours. No way. I definitely want a trophy, but I’m more impressed with where our club is heading. Trophies will come. And if we do it consistently year over year rather than needing a lie down before getting going again, I’d much prefer that too.

It would be the most pointless move in history if it didn’t bring us much more £££

Two things

The money will come of that I’m sure, maybe not in time to keep Poch.
Poch knew the score from the off,if he now want to take up one of the offers that ‘maybe’ he has then that’s just football.

Stay cool!

Last edited:
It also comes down to how fast we want to pay down the debts. How much we will get in naming rights money. Interest rate projecting.... Not sure you can borrow that much money on fixed rate... or can You?

Depends on security, collateral and time frame but it’s quite normal for big businesses

People are forgetting it’s basically a mortgage just a higher value

Reactions: DTA
i doubt Poch is demanding Levy sign players that will smash the wage structure. Poch knows thats the first step to dressing room disharmony. Its probably more to do with Poch asking Levy to keep our best players by upping their salaries and to buy one or two key targets nice and early in the summer, probably for high transfer fees and with salaries in keeping with our top earners.

just a feeling, but i think Zaha is the one Poch really wants this summer, just like he really wanted him back in 2016 when we bid 12 mill for him but it was knocked back by Palace. Now of course he will most likely cost at least 5 times that.

As above, I doubt Poch will be asking the earth - just some closing of the gap between us and say Liverpool/Arse. So being able to pay say £130k wages (and then say £150k in a couple years) making it easier to keep people like TA, and signing say 3 players this summer who will provide us with quality in depth.

Realities are hitting home I think.

When Poch joined, he and Levy had a plan (imo) that we could succeed relatively organically, bringing through the cream of our youth system, along with bolstering it with youngish, mouldable, promising bought-in talent.
Poch has worked wonders under that plan getting us to where we are now, probably ahead of the plan. But it's clear, with wage inflation, transfer-fee inflation, and mega rich clubs buying their success, that it is now time to review and adjust the plan - if we want to take the next step up. I'd be amazed if Levy didn't recognise that as well and will already have made provision.

Poch is I think sending a message not just to Levy but to all of us, and the players, and the media, that if he is to have a chance at winning top honours with us, then we need to find a new operating model that will allow us to a) pay key players closer to the wages they deserve, and b) to compete in the transfer market for established players, not just young prospects. He is managing expectations as well as setting out his "demands" for the future.
That will be the conversation he and Levy will be having. A fiscal balancing act, but as had been said previously, the revenue stream from the new stadium should allow us to go quite some way to getting to that operating model that will allow us to really compete.

There is one thing coming out of this thread, that is IF you can’t afford to buy something don’t let that stop from buying it.

I can see Levy on here as we chat https://www.quickquid.co.uk/payday-loans-uk.html

*Other lenders are available

All well and good, but remember that match-going fans will be paying amongst the highest ticket prices in world football. Lowering expectations whilst jacking up prices is going to lead to discontent at some point, like it has done for the gooners down the road.

I'm absolutely ecstatic that Poch has said this. If anyone could put the squeeze on Levy and co it is Poch. Thats not to say it will happen, but we need to be able to compete.

He has earned the right to make relatively realistic demands from levy.

If poch walks I think we know that levy is not prepared to push the club forward to actually compete for titles.

All well and good, but remember that match-going fans will be paying amongst the highest ticket prices in world football. Lowering expectations whilst jacking up prices is going to lead to discontent at some point, like it has done for the gooners down the road.
And yet this season, only the most (2nd most?) financially doped club in the world and the biggest club in the world finished in front of us. Behind us was a club that is very rich, based on 40 year old success (hopefully soon to fade) and another financially doped club.

Even taking into account the fact that we pay high ticket prices, we still finished at least one place ahead of where we should have done. The only real alternative is for us to become financially doped, which is not something I want to consider for our club - others may differ in that opinion.

He has earned the right to make relatively realistic demands from levy.

If poch walks I think we know that levy is not prepared to push the club forward to actually compete for titles.
Where would that money come from? City just bought the title with a squad that cost £0.5Bn more than ours.

Even if Levy could somehow find £0.5Bn to catch up (he can't) then what's to stop City just going out and spending £1Bn?

Back