• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

He's got something, every time he touches the ball, it makes you believe something will happen. Need to get into regular squad rotation soon.

Would agree with this, he seems to have that bit of magic ( Sane, Mane are the same) i like Son but i think Moura has that extra close control like the players i mentioned.

Busy performance from Moura after being given a start by Poch. Looks quick with the ball and constantly looking to burst forward. Reminds me of Lennon a bit in that he's defensively 'up for it' and quite effective. He won the ball excellently for Kane's first. Gives us another option in the front four alongside Lamela and Son to change things round if the Eriksen, Alli, Son thing isn't working. Good signing IMO.

The quick thinking in the box for Fuchs’ OG is the kind of thing we will need to break down stubborn teams. Really liked that. He should also be pretty lethal on the counter for us once he’s had a pre season and comfortable with the runs the other attackers are making.

Ah, apologies :oops:

It was the first time he’s started a “home” league match and the first start I’ve actually been present at, as not been able to go to an away game and didn’t do to the Rochdale replay.
No need to apologise, just had this chat with my mates yesterday. I didn’t check to confirm but was sure we started him then. Yes first home game start, looked decent.

He is seriously quick and can dribble at speed and go round players with both pace and skill. Something we've really lacked, look forward to seeing more of him next season. He won't be at the world cup either so can have a good rest, settle in the UK and be ready for next season.

Eriksen in deeper positions has been key this season, particularly as our CM has been the weakest part of our team (any in the top 6?) all season.

Id be open to pursuing it on a more regular basis. Maybe with Eriksen and Alli in the team, rotating between CM and #10

Which of course could allow another attacker on the field.

Lucas has impressed every time Ive seen him, Im disappointed he didnt get more chances, and look forward to what he might offer next season

Eriksen in deeper positions has been key this season, particularly as our CM has been the weakest part of our team (any in the top 6?) all season.

Id be open to pursuing it on a more regular basis. Maybe with Eriksen and Alli in the team, rotating between CM and #10

Which of course could allow another attacker on the field.

Lucas has impressed every time Ive seen him, Im disappointed he didnt get more chances, and look forward to what he might offer next season

I know we (just about) did the job against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Watford - but those games were crying out for him to come in.

Some of his first touches were simply sublime. Not only that, but most of the time he seemed to know exactly what his second touch was going to be, whether a pass or a flick to beat a man etc. That's something we really miss in Lamela, Wanyama, Sissoko and Son...and sometimes even in Dele. They just take that bit too long on the ball. The extra touch whilst they get their head up that allows opposition to cut off a pass.

Lamela infuriated me with this first half. Credit to him for getting in the right areas to finish off some sweeping moves, but he does need to release quicker.

Just hope Poch saw enough in Moura to find a regular place for him next season. Tough, with the likes of Dele and Eriksen as starters, Lamela being a manager fav and Son's offering of goal threat. But I believe we have a gem in Moura who looks prepared to work hard and run his socks off.

Some of his first touches were simply sublime. Not only that, but most of the time he seemed to know exactly what his second touch was going to be, whether a pass or a flick to beat a man etc. That's something we really miss in Lamela, Wanyama, Sissoko and Son...and sometimes even in Dele. They just take that bit too long on the ball. The extra touch whilst they get their head up that allows opposition to cut off a pass.

Lamela infuriated me with this first half. Credit to him for getting in the right areas to finish off some sweeping moves, but he does need to release quicker.

Just hope Poch saw enough in Moura to find a regular place for him next season. Tough, with the likes of Dele and Eriksen as starters, Lamela being a manager fav and Son's offering of goal threat. But I believe we have a gem in Moura who looks prepared to work hard and run his socks off.

Poch will have him all summer whereas the others will be at the WC

That will have a big influence on Poch I believe and we will see a real change in when he is played

Back