• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Of course he goes for the money, otherwise we wouldn't have this discussion. But I´m not sure if money is his solely becaon where he is heading. If so, he would have heading to China already. So 180k@PSG or 200k@Arsenal?

China now have a cap on transfers ?

So what’s everyone’s opinion? Is he gone? Will we see him in a spurs shirt again?

I don’t think it’s cut and dry. He’s likely gone, but the nature of his contract, his age, and the fact that he will be way more expensiveness this summer than next, leads me to believe we may get at least another year out of him. I just don’t think it’s that obvious another club will want to pay huge money and 180k wages for him. I think we can get to 130k and it might be the best move for him once all the options are assessed.

I don’t think it’s cut and dry. He’s likely gone, but the nature of his contract, his age, and the fact that he will be way more expensiveness this summer than next, leads me to believe we may get at least another year out of him. I just don’t think it’s that obvious another club will want to pay huge money and 180k wages for him. I think we can get to 130k and it might be the best move for him once all the options are assessed.

We are about to find out.

I hope we keep him and go back to the back 3. Then maybe we could see more of Walker-Peters as a wing-back, we need that pace out wide. IMO, the best we have looked under Poch is a back 3 with two fast wing-backs, and I hope we go back to that way of playing.

There are games when a back 3 makes sense, however we have lack goal threat in my view with that formation. Dier and Dembele dont threaten the box, neither do the wingbacks or the CBs, leaving you with just 3 players who the opposition need to worry about

There are games when a back 3 makes sense, however we have lack goal threat in my view with that formation. Dier and Dembele dont threaten the box, neither do the wingbacks or the CBs, leaving you with just 3 players who the opposition need to worry about

I’ve alwsus thought the back 3 can actually be really attacking and I don’t like it being described as more defensive. Reason being, the way we play it, Toby and JV got to move a lot higher with the ball and the angles they’re able to create by stepping up almost into midfield aren’t possible if they’re in a back 4. When you then get the wingbacks pushing really high and potentially one of the pivots taking a position behind the striker, there’s the opportunity to be really fluid and attacking just like with a back 4. It’s more about how you use it.

I’ve alwsus thought the back 3 can actually be really attacking and I don’t like it being described as more defensive. Reason being, the way we play it, Toby and JV got to move a lot higher with the ball and the angles they’re able to create by stepping up almost into midfield aren’t possible if they’re in a back 4. When you then get the wingbacks pushing really high and potentially one of the pivots taking a position behind the striker, there’s the opportunity to be really fluid and attacking just like with a back 4. It’s more about how you use it.

I didnt actually describe it as more defensive but that we lack goal threat sometimes when we play it - Kane and Dele get in the box, but Dier and Dembele get nowhere close or are the remotest goal threat; Eriksen more around the edge of the box though obviously scores his fair share. Maybe the solution is to play say Dembele and Dele in CM with a back 3

It's not certain he's gone, odd to play him ahead of Sanchez and then play Dier at CB when Jan got injured unless Sanchez has a knock. Unless a new contract is signed before the world cup then I'd expect him to be gone - might be a few new contracts before the world cup starts.

It's not certain he's gone, odd to play him ahead of Sanchez and then play Dier at CB when Jan got injured unless Sanchez has a knock. Unless a new contract is signed before the world cup then I'd expect him to be gone - might be a few new contracts before the world cup starts.

Sanchez has been playing for three years non-stop. He might just have wanted a small break before the World Cup.

Watched Toby closely after the game for any signs he knew he was leaving. Did not see any applauding of the fans ala Kyle Walker at the end of last season, if anything he just seemed a little subdued. There again he is hardly the most demonstrative of players so not sure it's worth trying to read anything into that.

Like others I cling fervently to the hope he's staying but fear he's already a goner.

Watched Toby closely after the game for any signs he knew he was leaving. Did not see any applauding of the fans ala Kyle Walker at the end of last season, if anything he just seemed a little subdued. There again he is hardly the most demonstrative of players so not sure it's worth trying to read anything into that.

Like others I cling fervently to the hope he's staying but fear he's already a goner.
His body language, unlike most of the Dutch, is hard to read.

Interesting that talks (if rumors are to believed) are still ongoing.

I think CL makes a difference, at his age he might have been willing to stay on for less money, but not if we didn't have CL to offer.
Who else makes an offer is also obviously relevant.

I think Poch playing him in and around last few games shows he isn't quite frozen out, even if not first choice.

I think there is a possibility he stays, however still likely he goes.

From what i heard at the game yesterday Sanchez was not going to be in the squad until Jan picked up a knock before the game? not sure if that was right or not.

The commentator said that Sanchez was not supposed to be in the squad until Verts got injured.

The original line up was supposed to be Toby and Verts

Back