• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

End of season player ratings.

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
My ratings for the players and manager for the season.

Lloris 6.5 He had some very important games and performances towards the end of the season but looked a bit iffy and nervy during the season. Not his usual commanding presence. A back up who is going to push him would be good.

Vorm 6.5 Did nothing majorly wrong on the odd occasion he was given a chance, but he never looked like pulling out a top draw save to me either.

Tripper 7.5 Great assists and a useful outlet going forward, if he had more pace he would be the perfect wingback. I like him but he is not I feel good enough to play all season in a Poch team as it asks so much of our wing backs, we need as good an alternative to him in the squad.

Aurier 3 Have not hated a spurs player this much in an awful long time, wanted to like if only to wind up that weirdo on here who did not want us to sign him. He dives into tackles rashly in the box and can not take a throw in, for someone who has had 10 years professional coaching that is pathetic, nearly as pathetic as whoever scouted him and said we should buy him.

Walker-Peters 7 The two games to bookend the season showed real promise, why he did not play more I will never know, he would be a mug to stick around to be honest after the way he has been treated, could go on to be a real player or another Adam Smith and lower down the league player.

Dier 7 Not his best season, the were a few games where he played in central midfield when I thought he got back to his old self with some lovely passing. I feel being moved around is hurting him. I dont really like him at the back as I feel he always has a lack of concentration in big games.

Toby 6.5 Even before his injury he was looking unusually shacky, I think the contract negotiations got to him even if he was a good pro and carried on training as usual, sadly the last we will see of him.

Verts 9 Was really impressed how he stepped up this season, and took on leadership duties. His best season yet for us.

Sanchez 8 Amazing for someone so young to come in and hit the ground running, had a drop in form a couple of months ago but to be expected for someone so young. Optimistic for the future with this one.

Rose 6 Never really recovered from his injury to play back to his former level, he might be saying what all the players think but to say it so publicly was stupid and clearly poch did not get over it.

Davies 7.5 Looks comfortable in defence, offers something going forward and is dependable, would like to see more from him going forward, also covering in central defence when we play a back 3 means he is very useful.

Wanamya 7 Another player to not fully have got up to speed after an injury at the start of the season, been glimpses of the Victor I absolutely love, if he can recover last seasons form next season we will have a great season.

Dembele 7.5 At times he looks so good, but those games come in bursts, he is injury prone and takes to much time hitting top form after injuries. That mistake in the semi against United sums him up to me, good player but a nearly man who is over confident in his ability and does not have the required grit to takes games and win them. We need a Roy Keane in there and we dont have it.

Sissoko 6.5 Last season he was a 4 so the is a slight chance for Aurier to get better. Sissoko tries hard but is a player lacking in skill and technique and is not suited to our team, best for both of us if we part our ways.

Winks 7.5 Against Madrid at Wembley I could not believe what i was seeing, he if he could stay fit could be something really special, another with an injury interrupted season.

Eriksen 9 Player of the season just ahead of verts, outstanding how he has come on this season. Not sure who you could replace him with if he left. Hope he has a good world cup with Denmark and hope he comes back to us.

Dele 8 Difficult season for him, but he has carried on fighting he never hides on the pitch and his work rate is amazing. Still got goals and assists despite even more attention from defenders, the is enough there to suggest to me he will always find solutions to increased attention and go on to be a great player.

Lamela 7 A good box to box player but I am not convinced by him, he is a fighter and I like that about him, we probably need more like him in the club. Wish he would train his right foot.

Son 8 A very streaky player, but I love his work rate and his attitude that he does not moan when he is dropped from the first team, we will miss him at the start of next season.

Llorente 3 Joint worse player with Aurier and the reason I know I would never make it as a coach because I really wanted us to sign him. Can not control the ball and his shooting completely left him. Had thought he was a good player but not anymore.

Poch 8 He has taken a team which has lost 3 of its main defender (walker) toby and rose have barely played and kept us in the top 4 which is amazing. We continue to play proper football which is the most important thing for me.

He needs to work on the mental strength thing because in the semi final we still looked shot as soon as united scored. Also maybe needs to rotate more so that players get a rest in the season and their form is not so streaky, like Son and Dier.

I also think setting up differently against different opposition would help and not being worried to set up shop now and again. Against Juve I was really thinking we could have won that match if he had just had the courage to defend that lead for 15 minutes.

Good season all round and better then I was expecting.

I think Eriksen has excelled this year, Alli and Verts have been solid performers, Lamela has done well to come back from injury so effectively. Davies and Sanchez have become assets worthy of regular starts and Sissoko continues to defy the doubters.

The rest of them are probably all feeling like they could have done a bit more.

I think Eriksen has excelled this year, Alli and Verts have been solid performers, Lamela has done well to come back from injury so effectively. Davies and Sanchez have become assets worthy of regular starts and Sissoko continues to defy the doubters.

The rest of them are probably all feeling like they could have done a bit more.

Send me some of what your smoking.

If Lamela had been a new signing in January, rather than a player who had been out for over a year, everyone would be raving about his performances in the second half of this season.

Nope sorry not for me just yet, more of today’s performances and we shall see.
He has done better recently, today proves he can deliver.

My player of the year is Kane. He scored 30 goals without being at his best for a chunk of the season due to injury. He is so good that it's no longer news that we have a 20+ league goals per season player in the team. That's every season now, 4 in a row and he's scored more in each season. Relentless player -- Harry having a 6 out of 10 game is worth an 8 out of 10 for any of our other players, such is his consistent excellence.

Lloris 7
Vorm 6
Trippier 7
Aurier 4
Walker-Peters 7
Alderweireld 7
Sánchez 7
Vertonghen 9
Foyth 6
Rose 6
Davies 7
Dier 6
Wanyama 6
Dembele 7
Sissoko 5
Winks 7
Eriksen 9
Alli 8
Son 7
Lamela 6
Moura 6
Llorente 5
Kane 8

My player of the year is Kane. He scored 30 goals without being at his best for a chunk of the season due to injury. He is so good that it's no longer news that we have a 20+ league goals per season player in the team. That's every season now, 4 in a row and he's scored more in each season. Relentless player -- Harry having a 6 out of 10 game is worth an 8 out of 10 for any of our other players, such is his consistent excellence.
I’d still say Eriksen for me. He is our best player and makes my pants sticky. When Kane is absent we have coped, we aren’t the same if Eriksen isn’t pulling the strings....

Lloris 7 - At times kept us in games, but poor near post keeping this season has cost us some points. Slight dip overall against his normal high standards.
Vorm 6 - Decent deputy when called upon.

Rose 6 - Really hasn't got going at all this season after his injury last year, although limited in appearances he's clearly not the same player at present.
Davies 7.5 - He's your 7/10 guy week in week out, he gets the extra .5 due to taking on the full-time challenge of replacing Rose.
Trippier 7 - Can be weak defensively but has a cross on him when he gets the chance, lack of ability to go past a player can really limit his game at times.
Aurier 6 - Tough first season, some real brain fart moments which needs ironing out. He does have potential though.

Vertonghen 8.5 - He's been a rock all season, like a fine wine.
Sanchez 7.5 - Really good year for someone so young in his first season in the league. Needs to work on his composure and concentration but the sky's the limit.
Alderweireld 7.5 - Toby was having a great season up until his injury/contract issues. Fingers crossed he stays.
Foyth 6 - Made a handful of appearances but always looked assured, still hope he can bulk up a little and start to play more of a role.

Sissoko 6.5 - Really what can you say about Sissoko other than he tries, better than last season but not by much. Limited footballer with a good engine.
Dier 7 - Not the same player that we saw a few years ago, mistakes have crept into his game and he's been pretty average when asked to play at the back.
Dembele 7.5 - Injury really hampers him now, just when he gets back into form he's injured again. Some real stand out games and others where he struggled to impact the game.
Wanyama 6.5 - Injury again seems to have affected Wanyama more than most, he's well off the pace sadly. I won't forget the bullet against Liverpool though.
Winks 6.5 - Injury hit season, but when he was fit he struggled to find form. A couple of good performances showed his potential, he just needs to get right.

Son 8 - At times Son has been fantastic others it feels like there's an impostor on the pitch. Another good return and a very important player for us, really needs to work on his consistency.
Lamela 7 - Another player with a long term injury. His work rate is second to none and is infectious at times. I really wish he had a right foot, seriously I don't think he even has one attached to his leg.
Moura 6.5 - Few chances to show why we payed £25m but what I did see gives me hope for his future once he fully settles in.
Eriksen 9 - Player of the season for me, started slowly but really started to dominate games. I think it's safe to say Eriksen has finally arrived. We'd be lost without him.
Dele 7.5 - I think this can go down as a dip season for Dele compared to the standards he set previously, yet he's still contributed goals/assist. Needs to find a way to influence the game more.

Kane 8.5 The crazy thing is 30 PL goals this season and I don't think he's really been at his best, it's such a shame we have to run him into the ground because we have no real alternatives.
Llorente 5.5 - What a disappointment this signing has been, doesn't fit our style at all and for whatever reason we don't adapt to his. Pointless him staying.

Poch 8 - He did it again got us CL for the third successive season. It's clear we still struggle to breakdown teams that park the bus with his style of play at home, but we've got a lot better away from home in taking advantage of home teams having to play more openly. He also at times for me loses the opportunity to influence the game with his substitutions, which often come too late or seem questionable changes. I hope for next season we use the squad more and give the young players waiting in the wings a chance, it feels like this season has been roughly the same players every week with only the fullbacks rotated and the players have looked tired at the tail end of the season.

COYS!

If Lamela had been a new signing in January, rather than a player who had been out for over a year, everyone would be raving about his performances in the second half of this season.

If he had played the whole season would he still be twirling around in a circle?

• Lloris - 6.5. A few uncharacteristically bad errors at crucial times, interspersed with his usual shot-stopping excellence and speed off the line. Overall, an average season - but, in the end, he is still our steadfast captain, and he is still our No.1.
  • Vorm - 6.5. Didn't really play enough to excel or (alternately) underperform. Mostly reliable when called upon, if not particularly impressive.
  • Gazzaniga - 9.5. He had one game. But what a goddamn game it was. :p

• Trippier - 6. He's not the best RB around. He certainly isn't the worst. In the end, he is what he is - a physically slight RB with a decent-but-not-outstanding bit of pace and good crossing technique. He will get left for *dead* by good wingers, but he mostly holds his own against the rest. The issue is whether we persevere with that or if we let him go this summer to make way for KWP.
  • Aurier - N/A. First season, so I'm not judging him. He certainly has potential, but also seems to switch off a lot - we'll see how he does next season when he's had time to settle in.
  • Walker Peters - 7.5. He only had two PL games - the first one and the last one. And he impressed in both - to the extent that he should have been the MotM in both. I really, *really* want to see more of him next season - and I think he should be our second-choice RB. However, that will require selling Trippier - and that will mean that we will have sold three of our best defenders (Toby, Rose and Trippier) in the same window. That could be a serious issue. So he's stuck in a bit of a hard spot at the moment.

• Alderweireld - 7.5. Not as dominant as in past years, and the season was in many ways constantly bedeviled by the saga surrounding his contract situation and Poch freezing him out as a result. I hope he stays. I pray he stays. But it doesn't seem likely.
  • Sanchez - 9. I know I said I wouldn't judge Aurier on his first season, and generally I don't do that for most players. But I don't mind judging when players have *outstanding* first seasons - and Davinson certainly did. He took to the PL like a duck to the water, and even though he started making more and more errors as the end of the season neared, he still finished it (imo) the most impressive new defender in the PL this season *by far*. My only issue with him is that he's been playing non-stop for multiple teams across multiple leagues for about three years now, and will have to do it for a while yet given the WC - he really needs a break, I think.
  • Foyth - N/A. He looks promising - very calm on the ball, and quite good with it to boot. But he's also been bullied a bit physically at times, and has been caught out of position more than once. An evident diamond, but one that needs polishing.
  • Verts - 9.25 Magnificent - individually, probably the best defender in the Premier League this season. Deservedly our player of the year - and that says something, given that Kane scored 40 f*cking goals and Eriksen was his usual brilliant self.

• Davies - 7.5. He's solid, he's reliable, he's quiet and he goes about his business without a fuss. He's the perfect professional, and he proved a reliable LB this season. However, I wonder if he's *quite* dynamic enough to be the first-choice left-back in a team like ours, which requires a *lot* in terms of pace and athleticism from our attacking wing-backs.
  • Rose - 5. Missed most of the season due to his injury/generally being a berk, and wasn't great when he did play. Far from the Rose of 16/17, and I really don't mind if he does end up going now.

• Dier - 7. He's probably one of the most underrated players we have. He doesn't do *anything* to a phenomenal level, and he makes a few mistakes at times and looks lost/anonymous at others, but he's a mostly reliable utility player we can plug in across a variety of positions. That is invaluable to have.
  • Wanyama - 3.5. Awful season for Wanyama - his injury kept him out for most of it, and he's looked awful in the few games he's played in since returning. He needs to get fit and firing this summer, because this was a major regression from his first magnificent season.
  • Dembele - 7.5. Had numerous peaks this season where he was his usual monstrously dominant self, and those are enough for me to declare that he's had a good season overall. However, he grew increasingly less influential as the season wore on, and I think he's now coming to the point where he's starting to go downhill.
  • Winks - N/A. Winks' injury is probably one of the things I'm saddest about this season. I really, really hope he's back fit and firing come August, because he's had a horrible six or so months since his stunning masterclass against Madrid. Come back soon, Winksy. :(
  • Sissoko - 4. Erm...yeah. I spent last season furiously saying 'give him time'. And we've given him that time. He hasn't really been great. He hasn't been *awful*, but he's been somewhere between bad and sub-par for most of the season. See ya, Moussa. Thanks for your service.

• Son - 8.5. His best season in a Spurs shirt. He's never quite gotten that frustrating inconsistency out of his system, and at times he can be nightmarishly anonymous. But when he was on form this season, he was sublime. Runs like Ronaldo, a menacing machine filled with pace and purpose. I hope he finds a way out of his military service issue, because he's now almost within touching distance of being truly world-class. When he wants to be, anyway.
  • Alli - 8.5. Yep, I'll say it - he had a good season. Amidst all the tabloid wailing about his underperformance, he really stepped up this season in terms of becoming a provider of assists - and, when he was on form, he could sometimes look like the only threat in the side.
  • Eriksen - 9.25. His best season in a Spurs shirt, and it is truly, truly scary how dependent we are on him at times. He is masterful - a shimmering, menacing, effortlessly elegant creator who can take teams apart with a single pass and then hare back half the field to put in a blocking tackle... before getting on the ball, looking up and starting it all again. Don't leave, Christian - we need you.
  • Lamela - 6.75. An admirable recovery from Coco - after all his injury woes, to come back and look like the Erik of old again is truly commendable. As ever, he isn't decisive enough in the final third to be worth consistently starting, but he can be relied upon to give everything and close down like a madman when required. Also, he's masterfully good at bullying Fabregas in all sorts of maliciously creative ways, which is always nice to see. :p
  • Lucas - N/A. He's been *Very* bright in his occasional cameos, and I think he's going to be a fantastic player after he gets a pre-season under his belt and gets fully up to speed. I think this one will turn out well. long term. :)

• Kane - 9. It feels churlish and absurd to nitpick and give him less than a 10 after he scored 40 f*cking goals. But, nonetheless, here goes - he was generally brilliant, but became more than a bit laboured and (alternately) selfish as the end of the season neared and he grew desperate to pick up that third consecutive Golden Boot. He's still our wonder boy, though. Our golden Harry. And he's one of our own - and always will be.
  • Llorente - N/A. Generally poor, but he didn't get much of a chance, and it *is* his first season here. So I'm not judging. However, whether it turns out to be his *only* season here is also open to debate.

• Poch - 8. A good season from the boss. He has flaws - I will absolutely not believe anyone who says otherwise. I *still* think he's too slow with substitutions, and he does get the setup badly wrong at times (against Pep and Mou this season, for instance). But he's also the best coach we've ever had in the Premier League era, and he's the one who we have to thank for getting us closer to overcoming our mental issues than any other coach. He's our man. He needs to be f*cking backed. This one's on you, Levy. And if you end up losing Poch, I will be back on your f*cking case to a level you will scarce be able to f*cking believe. :mad:

• Lloris - 6.5. A few uncharacteristically bad errors at crucial times, interspersed with his usual shot-stopping excellence and speed off the line. Overall, an average season - but, in the end, he is still our steadfast captain, and he is still our No.1.
  • Vorm - 6.5. Didn't really play enough to excel or (alternately) underperform. Mostly reliable when called upon, if not particularly impressive.
  • Gazzaniga - 9.5. He had one game. But what a goddamn game it was. :p
  • Trippier - 6. He's not the best RB around. He certainly isn't the worst. In the end, he is what he is - a physically slight RB with a decent-but-not-outstanding bit of pace and good crossing technique. He will get left for *dead* by good wingers, but he mostly holds his own against the rest. The issue is whether we persevere with that or if we let him go this summer to make way for KWP.
  • Aurier - N/A. First season, so I'm not judging him. He certainly has potential, but also seems to switch off a lot - we'll see how he does next season when he's had time to settle in.
  • Walker Peters - 7.5. He only had two PL games - the first one and the last one. And he impressed in both - to the extent that he should have been the MotM in both. I really, *really* want to see more of him next season - and I think he should be our second-choice RB. However, that will require selling Trippier - and that will mean that we will have sold three of our best defenders (Toby, Rose and Trippier) in the same window. That could be a serious issue. So he's stuck in a bit of a hard spot at the moment.

• Alderweireld - 7.5. Not as dominant as in past years, and the season was in many ways constantly bedeviled by the saga surrounding his contract situation and Poch freezing him out as a result. I hope he stays. I pray he stays. But it doesn't seem likely.
  • Sanchez - 9. I know I said I wouldn't judge Aurier on his first season, and generally I don't do that for most players. But I don't mind judging when players have *outstanding* first seasons - and Davinson certainly did. He took to the PL like a duck to the water, and even though he started making more and more errors as the end of the season neared, he still finished it (imo) the most impressive new defender in the PL this season *by far*. My only issue with him is that he's been playing non-stop for multiple teams across multiple leagues for about three years now, and will have to do it for a while yet given the WC - he really needs a break, I think.
  • Foyth - N/A. He looks promising - very calm on the ball, and quite good with it to boot. But he's also been bullied a bit physically at times, and has been caught out of position more than once. An evident diamond, but one that needs polishing.
  • Verts - 9.25 Magnificent - individually, probably the best defender in the Premier League this season. Deservedly our player of the year - and that says something, given that Kane scored 40 f*cking goals and Eriksen was his usual brilliant self.

• Davies - 7.5. He's solid, he's reliable, he's quiet and he goes about his business without a fuss. He's the perfect professional, and he proved a reliable LB this season. However, I wonder if he's *quite* dynamic enough to be the first-choice left-back in a team like ours, which requires a *lot* in terms of pace and athleticism from our attacking wing-backs.
  • Rose - 5. Missed most of the season due to his injury/generally being a berk, and wasn't great when he did play. Far from the Rose of 16/17, and I really don't mind if he does end up going now.

• Dier - 7. He's probably one of the most underrated players we have. He doesn't do *anything* to a phenomenal level, and he makes a few mistakes at times and looks lost/anonymous at others, but he's a mostly reliable utility player we can plug in across a variety of positions. That is invaluable to have.
  • Wanyama - 3.5. Awful season for Wanyama - his injury kept him out for most of it, and he's looked awful in the few games he's played in since returning. He needs to get fit and firing this summer, because this was a major regression from his first magnificent season.
  • Dembele - 7.5. Had numerous peaks this season where he was his usual monstrously dominant self, and those are enough for me to declare that he's had a good season overall. However, he grew increasingly less influential as the season wore on, and I think he's now coming to the point where he's starting to go downhill.
  • Winks - N/A. Winks' injury is probably one of the things I'm saddest about this season. I really, really hope he's back fit and firing come August, because he's had a horrible six or so months since his stunning masterclass against Madrid. Come back soon, Winksy. :(
  • Sissoko - 4. Erm...yeah. I spent last season furiously saying 'give him time'. And we've given him that time. He hasn't really been great. He hasn't been *awful*, but he's been somewhere between bad and sub-par for most of the season. See ya, Moussa. Thanks for your service.

• Son - 8.5. His best season in a Spurs shirt. He's never quite gotten that frustrating inconsistency out of his system, and at times he can be nightmarishly anonymous. But when he was on form this season, he was sublime. Runs like Ronaldo, a menacing machine filled with pace and purpose. I hope he finds a way out of his military service issue, because he's now almost within touching distance of being truly world-class. When he wants to be, anyway.
  • Alli - 8.5. Yep, I'll say it - he had a good season. Amidst all the tabloid wailing about his underperformance, he really stepped up this season in terms of becoming a provider of assists - and, when he was on form, he could sometimes look like the only threat in the side.
  • Eriksen - 9.25. His best season in a Spurs shirt, and it is truly, truly scary how dependent we are on him at times. He is masterful - a shimmering, menacing, effortlessly elegant creator who can take teams apart with a single pass and then hare back half the field to put in a blocking tackle... before getting on the ball, looking up and starting it all again. Don't leave, Christian - we need you.
  • Lamela - 6.75. An admirable recovery from Coco - after all his injury woes, to come back and look like the Erik of old again is truly commendable. As ever, he isn't decisive enough in the final third to be worth consistently starting, but he can be relied upon to give everything and close down like a madman when required. Also, he's masterfully good at bullying Fabregas in all sorts of maliciously creative ways, which is always nice to see. :p
  • Lucas - N/A. He's been *Very* bright in his occasional cameos, and I think he's going to be a fantastic player after he gets a pre-season under his belt and gets fully up to speed. I think this one will turn out well. long term. :)

• Kane - 9. It feels churlish and absurd to nitpick and give him less than a 10 after he scored 40 f*cking goals. But, nonetheless, here goes - he was generally brilliant, but became more than a bit laboured and (alternately) selfish as the end of the season neared and he grew desperate to pick up that third consecutive Golden Boot. He's still our wonder boy, though. Our golden Harry. And he's one of our own - and always will be.
  • Llorente - N/A. Generally poor, but he didn't get much of a chance, and it *is* his first season here. So I'm not judging. However, whether it turns out to be his *only* season here is also open to debate.

• Poch - 8. A good season from the boss. He has flaws - I will absolutely not believe anyone who says otherwise. I *still* think he's too slow with substitutions, and he does get the setup badly wrong at times (against Pep and Mou this season, for instance). But he's also the best coach we've ever had in the Premier League era, and he's the one who we have to thank for getting us closer to overcoming our mental issues than any other coach. He's our man. He needs to be f*cking backed. This one's on you, Levy. And if you end up losing Poch, I will be back on your f*cking case to a level you will scarce be able to f*cking believe. :mad:

So the ball boys got their certificates from the official Dubai Spur player of the season. Makes all the difference.

And there I was thinking that the club could have stretched to some chocs or a shirt for the poor sods if they were going to make such of a thing from the half time presentation.

And there I was thinking that the club could have stretched to some chocs or a shirt for the poor sods if they were going to make such of a thing from the half time presentation.

Tottenham-chairman-Daniel-014.jpg

'Chocolates?'

'You'll get one picture with Vertonghen and like it.

And it better be a group picture, else you're paying for it out of pocket.'

9 - Verts, Davies
8 - Sanchez, Eriksen, Son, Kane
7 - Lloris, Trippier, Dier, Dembele, Winks
6 - Alder, Alli, Wanyama, Lamela
5 - Vorm, Aurier, KWP, Rose, Foyth, Moura
4 - Gazzaniga, Sissoko, Llorente

Back