• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*OMT* Tottenham Hotspur vs Leceister

Well that was a rollercoaster of emotions! Never do things the easy way Spurs! Shocking and delightful in almost equal measure.
The last minute Injury to Jan obviously didn't help but that doesn't excuse some of the defending on show today. Thank Ghod Toby was there.

Shout out to KWP who played very well It will be interesting to see what his options are for next season.

Lamela finally finds his scoring boots and Harry shows he's never lost his, despite injury.

Rose seemed to be waving goodbye at the end. Toby looked wistful. #bodylanguageexpert.

Last time making this journey home (until the SF next year of course).
Well done Tottenham. Despite the shaky end it has been a stellar season.
Can't wait for the next one.

"Tottenham's coming home".

I'm well pleased with what we have achieved this season, we are a very good team who are hard to beat, we've slipped up a couple of times but with a couple of good additions or a world class player we will be challenging next season. The two most satisfying things about this season for me are finishing about the medias darlings and stuffing the "Wembley hoodoo" up their arses.

What a game. Could not have predicated it.
In the end a good result for us.

As this was a game being played at a reasonable time for us, here in Kenya,
I decided to get my 2 Spurs mates and their partners over to watch the game
together.
As it was a good day, ( we are in the middle of our rainy season ATM, and it has been
really wet and rainy almost every day ) I decided to do my normal Match Day BBQ on the rooftop
terrace.

Things were going well. We had our first round of the BBQ food, some cold Tusker lagers and wine, before the game started.
The first half was exciting, though we went in at half time 1 - 2 down.
Not too much of a worry ( I thought !!! ), so I put some more stuff on the BBQ.

The second half started and it was mayhem. 6 goals !!!!

We forgot the food on the BBQ, and it got burned.
However, MANY more Tuskers and glasses of wine were consumed. Probably more
than we should have had.

I will give you my 2 cents worth of my thoughts about the game and season tomorrow,
when I have recovered.

COYS.

Wonderful game to watch (in the end), with end to end stuff, and both teams looked like scoring every time they had the ball in the opposition half. Some amateur defending by both teams too.

Alderweireld is not the same player he used to be. He turned his ass to every shot he tried to block today. KWP on the other hand, was very good, so was Lamela and Moura. Both highly involved in all the goals.

All in all a fitting goodbye to our season at Wembley, which has had its ups and downs, but ending in 3rd must be considered a success. Can't wait until next season starts, especially our first home game at the new, epic stadium! It'll be great!

Have a nice summer everyone, and enjoy the world cup!

COYS!

Really starting to come around to the feeling that Poch isn't the man to take us forward.

Sissoko again next to Dier or Wanyama will NEVER work.

It's embarrassing that he can't see that.

Drop Eriksen in there ffs but he won't.

Will probably stick with Wanyama and sissoko even if we go 1-5 down.

He's obsessed with who is working hardest in training and being a good little boy.

Do we need a hard nosed super tactician like ancelotti or allegri to win the big two honours?

Poch has two seasons to prove me wrong.

You may get your wish.
He may not be here next season.
Will you celebrate if so ?

Wanyama needs to spend as little time on the ball as possible. Stick to being a destroyer.

Very good season overall. Many positives to build upon. Love this team!

You may get your wish.
He may not be here next season.
Will you celebrate if so ?

I think he should go. And thats not based on him or his performances or abilities (or lack thereof).
Purely due to the abuse he gets. It's one thing venting, berating and abusing him online. But doing it consistently at a game is simply not on. I'm not talking about the odd groan or shout, it is constant from some people. Anytime the ball gets near him you will hear sarky comments and abuse. Bloke near me today booed when his name was read out pre game and was on his case every time the ball went anywhere in his direction. And he wasn't the only one.
I get he's not of the standard we aspire to having in the team. But when Poch picks him and he has that lilywhite shirt on, then if you can't support him, at least tone down the abuse.
I wouldn't blame him in the slightest if he wanted out but he still puts in the effort.

Sanchez came on.

We stopped being unbelievably bad at the back.

Sometimes it really is that simple - although of course, the counter-point to that is that a lot of folks were probably calling for Lamela to go off before he popped up with the two quickfire goals + the shot that led to the own goal off of whichever Leicester mong it was. :p

Ultimately, it's difficult to accurately put into words how much we need Poch to stay. He has brought us to where we are *in spite* of ourselves - he has dragged us to the point where our nature desperately fights against us actually achieving something.

In other words, he's made it harder for us to succumb to our persistent mental demons. Not impossible ,and we *have* succumbed at many points this season in a way that makes me *very* dubious as to whether we'll ever really cross the final hurdle. It may well be that we end up like Leverkusen, consistently good but never really capable of winning anything when it matters. But, right now, he's the difference between us succumbing only when in sight of something tangible, and us succumbing all the time, every time.

This season has been a complex and complicated one. There were some terribly dark moments of heroic collapse and, alternately, supine surrender - that reminded us all that those demons are still there, lurking amidst our fragile hopes, ever ready to pounce.

But, in the end, here we are. In 3rd, on 77 points, above Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea. After all the pre-season predictions, we over-achieved....yet again.

In the end, we did...well. And, as the sun shines on a beautiful spring day in May, we can go into the summer knowing that we are in a position of relative strength that we could have scarce imagined in some of the grimmer years of our not-so-distant past.

Thank you, Mauricio Pochettino. Thank you, lads. Despite it all, you did well. I only wish you could actually cross the line and win something, but at this stage I'm not expecting that to happen anymore - the weight of history seems too great to surpass, even for you all.

Also, thank you all for a rollercoaster ride on GG over the last year. Really - you've been great, even when I've disagreed with you and fervently wished that you'd sink into the depths of despair with me like I regularly do. @thfcsteff, @parklane1, @billyiddo, @milo, @alekaras, @monkeybarry, @Rorschach, @monkeybarry, @galeforce, @Mikey10, @Kenyan Spur, @BrainOfLevy, and all the rest of you - thanks for the company, in the good times and the bad.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to post as frequently as I was once able to - a new job I love and a new city I have yet to fully explore have made that quite difficult. But, rest assured, I'll still be here, moody as ever. :p

Here's to a golden couple of months ahead - and maybe, in the warmth of a resplendent sun, we'll see something really great happen this summer. One can but hope. :)

Last edited:
We really do say goodbye to stadiums in style, don’t we? Surprised how angry such an entertaining game made people on here; I’m looking forward to the Fray Bentos MultiSport Arena at Uber Park as much as anyone else, but I won’t see nine goals for £40 again in my lifetime.

Great season.If we had been at home we would have walked second.Superb achievement to keep the momentum going in this in between season.At 3-1 down we could easily have just dropped off and ended up losing 5 or 6-1 showed a lot to come through that and claim 3rd.Kane only fell short by 2 goals and despite having his best season and doing it for 4 years all we will hear about is Saleh and Liverpool's wonderful season.

What a game to come up for! Unforgettable! Diet should never get close to a centre half slot. Toby... Heart not in it. KWP is a gem... Attack wise so much better than Aurier.. Lamelar rammed my half time consuming criticism back down my throat. Hugo...we owe him one. Moura is not the answer to our gaps...

What a game to come up for! Unforgettable! Diet should never get close to a centre half slot. Toby... Heart not in it. KWP is a gem... Attack wise so much better than Aurier.. Lamelar rammed my half time consuming criticism back down my throat. Hugo...we owe him one. Moura is not the answer to our gaps...
Dier was rushed back from an illness that kept him out in midweek and played on the left side of a back three, which to my knowledge, he hasn't played in before.

Back