• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Never said it was a media narrative. BOL said earlier that Poch, and all managers, use the media for their own ends so he doesn’t believe what’s said to the media. In his next post he says that one of the reasons he knows Poch and Levy are so close is because what they’ve said about each other (in the media).

Most people would say nice things about their boss in public so it’s a bit of a double standard to take that at face value and dismiss “me or another” comment and Pochs changing position on what the new stadium will bring as him using the media.

I said I don’t always believe what they say is exactly what they mean - it depends on the channel used, because sometimes it might be, but in the press, I believe it a little less than his book, or the official channels for example.

Most people say nice things about their boss in public. Most people don’t say they’d happily sign a contract for 15 years and talk gushingly about trips to Argentina when they fall into a rapid together. It’s pretty easy to critically evaluate what he means and why, and how strong he feels etc.

And again, if you honesty think Poch is suddenly shocked that key players want more wages, I just don’t agree. We have been successful because he knows the kind of strategy he can be successful in. He knows the trade off of players on lower wages is that they will be more likely to listen to him when he tells them to run harder than anyone has asked them to before. And he knows that when players like Walker say that is no longer enough, he has to use it to his advantage to strengthen the squad elsewhere. None of this is a shock to him. He is not going to suddenly leave because of it.

And the funny thing is, he has just done the hardest yards at this club and is now going to enter a period where we can offer bigger wages, and have a deeper squad, maybe with slightly bigger egos. There is absolutely no way he is leaving.

I said I don’t always believe what they say is exactly what they mean - it depends on the channel used, because sometimes it might be, but in the press, I believe it a little less than his book, or the official channels for example.

Most people say nice things about their boss in public. Most people don’t say they’d happily sign a contract for 15 years and talk gushingly about trips to Argentina when they fall into a rapid together. It’s pretty easy to critically evaluate what he means and why, and how strong he feels etc.

And again, if you honesty think Poch is suddenly shocked that key players want more wages, I just don’t agree. We have been successful because he knows the kind of strategy he can be successful in. He knows the trade off of players on lower wages is that they will be more likely to listen to him when he tells them to run harder than anyone has asked them to before. And he knows that when players like Walker say that is no longer enough, he has to use it to his advantage to strengthen the squad elsewhere. None of this is a shock to him. He is not going to suddenly leave because of it.

And the funny thing is, he has just done the hardest yards at this club and is now going to enter a period where we can offer bigger wages, and have a deeper squad, maybe with slightly bigger egos. There is absolutely no way he is leaving.

You’re fixing on one point (the stadium) and you’re also quoting stuff that’s over a year old (ie the stuff in the book). In the last 12 months he’s had to deal with the Toby situation. A player he brought to the club who has caused such a problem over a contract that Poch has pretty much frozen him out. He’s had Rose, a player he brought on in leaps and bounds, run his mouth to the press. GHod knows what’s gone on behind closed doors but you can be sure that other players have had their say on wages too.

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that Levy has cut what he intended to spend on the squad this summer because the stadium cost has increased. He may not have but it’s a possibility.

Then you have some of the fan base having a whinge despite our league finishes being much better than anything that’s gone before in recent history.

PSG, a club he used to play for with bucket loads of money, have just sacked their manager. You think they haven’t had a look at Poch?

All those factors together, along with Poch’s public utterances, could mean he’s thinking of going. We just don’t know. What you say could be true too but you’re talking as if you’re in the know when, in reality, you’re as much in the dark as the rest of us.

I didn’t see Arnesen tinkling off to Chelsea in 2005 coming. And that happened around 12 months after he arrived promising all sorts. That 12 months is a shorter time frame than some of the stuff you’re pinning your opinions on. Nobody knows mate, we’re all guessing.

You’re fixing on one point (the stadium) and you’re also quoting stuff that’s over a year old (ie the stuff in the book). In the last 12 months he’s had to deal with the Toby situation. A player he brought to the club who has caused such a problem over a contract that Poch has pretty much frozen him out. He’s had Rose, a player he brought on in leaps and bounds, run his mouth to the press. GHod knows what’s gone on behind closed doors but you can be sure that other players have had their say on wages too.

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that Levy has cut what he intended to spend on the squad this summer because the stadium cost has increased. He may not have but it’s a possibility.

Then you have some of the fan base having a whinge despite our league finishes being much better than anything that’s gone before in recent history.

PSG, a club he used to play for with bucket loads of money, have just sacked their manager. You think they haven’t had a look at Poch?

All those factors together, along with Poch’s public utterances, could mean he’s thinking of going. We just don’t know. What you say could be true too but you’re talking as if you’re in the know when, in reality, you’re as much in the dark as the rest of us.

I didn’t see Arnesen tinkling off to Chelsea in 2005 coming. And that happened around 12 months after he arrived promising all sorts. That 12 months is a shorter time frame than some of the stuff you’re pinning your opinions on. Nobody knows mate, we’re all guessing.

I cannot wait for the next couple of weeks to be over and we can put this crap behind us.

3rd, 2nd, 3rd, well done Poch

To think some are suggesting we should move on.

Nicholas-Cage-Cant-Hold-Back-The-Laughter-Reaction-Gif.gif

So basically in the last 12 months he’s had to deal with stuff, because he’s a Manager, and now he’s going to leave? Rose mouthing off, Toby’s contract running down, all dealt with extremely well by him, because he’s a good Manager. He knows the trade offs that he needs to make, and he knows not everything will go smoothly, because he’s smart. He chose to keep Toby out of the team because he wanted to back Sanchez. He knows that if players get to their late 20s and want to earn more in their final big contract, that is the trade off to working with young players earlier in their career and getting the most out of them. None of these things will be shocks to him.

Crikey, if he can’t handle the pressure of a contract winding down or a player going to the press, he’s really not going to like it at Madrid or PSG is he? Where the only way anyone will say he’s a success is if he wins the League against an undefeated Barca or he takes PSG to a CL win.

I’m not talking like I’m in the know, I’m just taking into account all of the publicly available data that we have, applying some logic, and coming to my conclusion. And frankly I do think you are worrying too much. He will be absolutely raring to go, to take our club into a new stadium with the chance to pay proper wages and build us into the club we have promised to be, and to take the credit for it. There is no way he leaves this summer, at all.

So basically in the last 12 months he’s had to deal with stuff, because he’s a Manager, and now he’s going to leave? Rose mouthing off, Toby’s contract running down, all dealt with extremely well by him, because he’s a good Manager. He knows the trade offs that he needs to make, and he knows not everything will go smoothly, because he’s smart. He chose to keep Toby out of the team because he wanted to back Sanchez. He knows that if players get to their late 20s and want to earn more in their final big contract, that is the trade off to working with young players earlier in their career and getting the most out of them. None of these things will be shocks to him.

Crikey, if he can’t handle the pressure of a contract winding down or a player going to the press, he’s really not going to like it at Madrid or PSG is he? Where the only way anyone will say he’s a success is if he wins the League against an undefeated Barca or he takes PSG to a CL win.

I’m not talking like I’m in the know, I’m just taking into account all of the publicly available data that we have, applying some logic, and coming to my conclusion. And frankly I do think you are worrying too much. He will be absolutely raring to go, to take our club into a new stadium with the chance to pay proper wages and build us into the club we have promised to be, and to take the credit for it. There is no way he leaves this summer, at all.

What other top manager in England has had to deal with a player going public on his wages the way Rose did?

What other manager has had to freeze out one of their top players over a contract dispute?

These aren’t normal things and you can be sure that other players are also asking for more money because their families and agents are in their ears and Poch is having to manage that.

So dealing with those sorts of distractions, allied to other things, might have him questioning if he wants to hang around. It might not and as I’ve said several times, I do actually think he’ll be here next season.

For the record, I’m not worrying at all. These lads are living in a world that I have no comprehension of and I’ve no control over whether Poch stays or goes so I won’t be having sleepless nights.

However, you also have no control over or insight into the situation so I don’t know how you can state things as a matter of fact that are mere guesses (ie “he’ll be raring to go”).

What other top manager in England has had to deal with a player going public on his wages the way Rose did?

What other manager has had to freeze out one of their top players over a contract dispute?

These aren’t normal things and you can be sure that other players are also asking for more money because their families and agents are in their ears and Poch is having to manage that.

So dealing with those sorts of distractions, allied to other things, might have him questioning if he wants to hang around. It might not and as I’ve said several times, I do actually think he’ll be here next season.

For the record, I’m not worrying at all. These lads are living in a world that I have no comprehension of and I’ve no control over whether Poch stays or goes so I won’t be having sleepless nights.

However, you also have no control over or insight into the situation so I don’t know how you can state things as a matter of fact that are mere guesses (ie “he’ll be raring to go”).

Conte with Costa

Wenger with Sanchez

Klopp with Coutinho

That’s the game now, you have to be able to deal with it.

Well that’s what we are discussing. If anything that could have happened in the last 5 months has been such a shock to Poch that he would consider his position.

I get that. It's still not true that everything was known "years ago" and my personal belief is the goalposts have been moved on him, albeit out of necessity. Enough to irritate (if his more recent demeanour is at all suggestive), but not, IMO enough to be a deal-breaker. I'm not having a pop at you.

Well done to Poch for another excellent league season and improvement in the Champions League. Let's hope Levy will back him as needed and we can try and challenge City next season. Doesn't feel like we were ever fully firing this season and we still finished 3rd. We are probably 1 real star quality signing from making a challenge for the title -- think Bale instead of Son, something like that.

Well done to Poch for another excellent league season and improvement in the Champions League. Let's hope Levy will back him as needed and we can try and challenge City next season. Doesn't feel like we were ever fully firing this season and we still finished 3rd. We are probably 1 real star quality signing from making a challenge for the title -- think Bale instead of Son, something like that.

I think all things considered this has been Poch’s biggest achievement with us. An absolutely fantastic effort.

Back