• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Got stick in the WBA game for not moving it quick enough.
As its something that can be said about all our players may be the system, not the players.

Personally, I hope he sticks around for the next few years as he's a useful option to have. Having said that, I think he's someone we can upgrade on this summer and if he's happy being 5th/6th choice for one of the 2/3 AM positions then great. Played an excellent pass for Rose last night who really should have scored.

We're at our best when we mount sustained pressure in the opponent's half, keeping or quickly winning back the ball, closing quickly, cutting off defensive passing options. We haven't been doing that of late, but we did manage a telling spell of it in the second half yesterday, and what do you know, we scored.

Personally, I hope he sticks around for the next few years as he's a useful option to have. Having said that, I think he's someone we can upgrade on this summer and if he's happy being 5th/6th choice for one of the 2/3 AM positions then great. Played an excellent pass for Rose last night who really should have scored.

He always does this! Bloody useless then has a cameo role like last night, and I want him then to stay!
Still need deliver more on a more regular bases imho

Last edited:
He is a reasonably decent player, but I think he is probably the one attacking midfielder that we should be looking to upgrade this Summer. He shows moments of quality but there isn't enough end product from him. I would happily sell him to fund 50% of Zaha's transfer fee.

If we cannot get a player as good as Zaha (or perhaps Martial) then we might as well keep him though.

He is a reasonably decent player, but I think he is probably the one attacking midfielder that we should be looking to upgrade this Summer. He shows moments of quality but there isn't enough end product from him. I would happily sell him to fund 50% of Zaha's transfer fee.

If we cannot get a player as good as Zaha (or perhaps Martial) then we might as well keep him though.

I'm not someone who thinks Zaha is worth £50m, but equally Lamela scores and creates fall too little. I'd have him a 5th choice for the 3 roles behind the CF (Son, Dele, Eriksen and Moura ahead of him) and would happily upgrade him if we could

I'm not someone who thinks Zaha is worth £50m, but equally Lamela scores and creates fall too little. I'd have him a 5th choice for the 3 roles behind the CF (Son, Dele, Eriksen and Moura ahead of him) and would happily upgrade him if we could
Absolutely ridiculous money really but that is market we are operating in. It has been distorted beyond all reason by the carbon circle clubs to the point that a player's value cannot be determined by any rational yardstick. It is literally pick a number if you are half decent and someone will probably pay it.For a club like Spurs that runs a tight ship fiscally how do you compete with this? I think the answer is you don't. fudge that. We are not in that market and probably never will be.

I believe there is still value in the market place if you are smart. Invest in the potential, the great but broken, and the flawed genius. This is a policy that has served us well. I don't see too many reasons to change it now. The extra money can be used to pay wages to keep the gooduns we have from departing.

You want variety in your attacking options. Lamela provides this and is very well suited to a high press game. Given that he has been out for so long, his performances have been good since he returned. I'd agree that he is not currently a first choice player but Moura has not shown enough yet to be considered to be ahead of him.

we paid 44m for Sanchez. For the right player at the right age we will pay around that amount I believe. Its more the wages I see being a problem.

I am not even sold on the idea of buying Zaha. But what I do know is that our players behind Kane, Eriksen, Dele and Son are just not producing enough when asked of them. I still have hopes for Moura but I have none anymore for Lamela. He us useful but not a starter and certainly not someone who can get you a goal. We need more players that can take someone on to open up the gaps for others. Our Salah! or our Bale from yester years.

we paid 44m for Sanchez. For the right player at the right age we will pay around that amount I believe. Its more the wages I see being a problem.

I am not even sold on the idea of buying Zaha. But what I do know is that our players behind Kane, Eriksen, Dele and Son are just not producing enough when asked of them. I still have hopes for Moura but I have none anymore for Lamela. He us useful but not a starter and certainly not someone who can get you a goal. We need more players that can take someone on to open up the gaps for others. Our Salad! or our Bale from yester years.

I agree. He is already earning more than any of our players and I'd presume that he'd be looking for a pay rise. I can't see us making him our highest paid player.

Back