• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Toon *** OMT

Firs time since the 60s of consecutive top 4s

Second highest points total in the PL too. Remember when AVB’s (Bale’s) 72 points was seen as a tremendous achievement. Well Poch has bettered that without a home game, with a match to spare, having to manage a contract rebel and another player shouting his mouth off to the press. And yet some fans think we should be doing better.

This manager deserves to stay as long as he wants and, as great a chairman as Levy is, it’s on him now to get the manager and big players signing contracts as well as splashing a few quid to improve the squad.

I doff my cap to Pochettino. A fantastic manager.

I'm sort of torn over this. It would be glorious if Pool lost to Real and lost out on top 4 as well. Chelsea are fudging toss though, and they are maybe the only team I nearly hate just as much as scum. On the other hand, i fudging hate Liverpool too and it would be lovely if they lost the final and got 5th. Win-win! :D So fudging happy about tonight. Work tomorrow at 6 am, and here I am drunk as a donkey at 01:10 am, fudging idiot. :p

If we had beaten WBA a chelsea win tonight would have been delightful.

Watching Liverpool fail to get into the top 4 and lose the CL would have been incredible.

Sadly Brighton won’t put up much of a fight, only hope is Dunk destroys Salah

Last edited:
I thought Lloris and Eriksen were in the + column, Alli put a shift in but nothing came off, the rest were crap, although Verts and Harry did do some good things.

Lamela did some great work when he came on, burned a lot of clock.

I thought last night we started to see the beginnings of the 'return' of Kane (shame it's a bit late now). Still way off his best of course (he'd never have mis-hit that first-half shot when on form) but he was much more mobile, dropping deeper to win the ball rather than the more static play we've seen since his return from injury.
Hopefully he'll take another step up on Sunday.

That was a tough watch last night, the team looks physically and mentally spent.

That midfield duo was horrible, Sissoko I expected, but Wanyama has regressed so much this season both should be heading through exit door this summer. They were not alone Son and Dele added nothing to the performance, the latter needs to find a way to influence the game more as he's far too much of a passenger at times. I really hope Sanchez learns from this season and takes it up a level, the lad has potential but he does make us vulnerable at the back with his decision making.

On a more positive note Kane looked more like himself and Eriksen once again was the catalyst for anything good we did which wasn't a whole lot last night.

Anyway we stumbled across the line but secured CL football for the new stadium, I'd of been happy with that at the start of the season.

Well that was brick, wasnt it?

Why Poch persisted with the Wanyama/Sissoko midfield I cant fathom.

Should have had one of them off, Eriksen next to the other and Moura on on the right.

We were toothless, gutless, slow and ponderous, and generally quite terrible.

Eriksen and Trippier would be the only credible performances for me.

But - job done.

CL guaranteed, season is a success, and work on the short summer window can move up through the gears.

The team seems spent, physically and mentally. It's been a long hard season with an awful lot of high intensity matches. Unlike last season, there have been a lot of tight games, with the result in doubt right until the final whistle. Last season, there must have been loads of matches where the team could effectively take a rest for the last 20 or 30 minutes, or key players could be subbed.

Even the FA Cup matches weren't straightforwards, with replays a-plenty.

Hopefully we'll have an easier ride next season, despite moving into a new stadium. Again.

Would be very nice to sign off with a win and some free flowing football.

I thought the game management at the end was quite good, certainly for us, but overall it was a very nervous performance really in keeping with the whole mood in the stadium, on here, here in my house, and basically everywhere in the Spurs supporting universe. Once you start 2nd guessing your next action it fudges up everything. And that's what we did tonight and for the last few matches.

(aside - is it wrong to lick expensive wine off the table when you spill it when no-one is looking)

I find that oak tables provide delightfully woody undertones to the reclaimed wine.

That pass and that air shot... If you didn't know anything about Kane and watched him in the last 4-5 games, you'd say 'what a donkey!' He's been truly awful. Let's hope it's just a blip.

Err...a donkey who has still scored vital goals despite being off-form. And yes - he has been off-form, acutely, but still managed to get the job done.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Well that was brick, wasnt it?

Why Poch persisted with the Wanyama/Sissoko midfield I cant fathom.

Should have had one of them off, Eriksen next to the other and Moura on on the right.

We were toothless, gutless, slow and ponderous, and generally quite terrible.

Eriksen and Trippier would be the only credible performances for me.

But - job done.

CL guaranteed, season is a success, and work on the short summer window can move up through the gears.

Thought Trippier was poor myself, sloppy passing and got caught out plenty of times defensively

I’ve no idea what a spacegoat is but it sounds tremendous.

....bit like this?

QNNSjam.jpg

Thought Trippier was poor myself, sloppy passing and got caught out plenty of times defensively[/QUOTE]

That's the main reason I'm not convinced about him. Good going forward but struggles defensively against anyone half decent or with pace. Be interesting to see who is first choice at the beginning of next season.

Can anyone tell me how many games we have played this season, including cup matches and replays? We looked absolutely knackered last night, and I'm not surprised tbh. We seem to have played a lot of games.

He was at least trying to make passes, make things happen and being positive.

Whether or not it was successful I applaud him for being one of only two that was trying...

I accept that he will have bad games offensively. It's the defensive side of the game that worries me when it comes to Trippier. I remember everyone was raving about him on here after the Watford game but he had a dreadful game defensively! Got done at least 3 times near the edge of the box by Watford's right winger.

Can anyone tell me how many games we have played this season, including cup matches and replays? We looked absolutely knackered last night, and I'm not surprised tbh. We seem to have played a lot of games.

Think they said 58 last night. With our small squad and the injury list we've had this year that must add up to a lot of games for some of ghem
Doesn't include international games.

Back