• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

If I were a betting man my money would be on Boro. Pulis is going to Pulis the hell out of these games, and smile smuggly as he passes Stoke and WBA on their way down.

Fulham are a good side, but streaky, and right now they seem to be on the down more than up

Agreed, I think it'll be Middlesbrough as well. The third-placed side rarely end up going up via the playoffs anyway, because they've busted their balls trying to get automatic promotion and can't lift themselves again.

Well done sir. Just, well done...

Britain_Soccer_Premie_Mukh.jpg

He deserves credit for guiding us to another top 4 finish, as do the players and everyone connected with the club. Just hope we take the cups more seriously next season and not prioritise a top 4 finish over silverware. The FA Cup and League Cup are two very winnable trophies. Hell, Liverpool are in the CL final! No telling if it will be as open next season but there's no reason why we can't repeat their success in that competition if we can become a bit more streetwise and sign some experienced players.

He deserves credit for guiding us to another top 4 finish, as do the players and everyone connected with the club. Just hope we take the cups more seriously next season and not prioritise a top 4 finish over silverware. The FA Cup and League Cup are two very winnable trophies. Hell, Liverpool are in the CL final! No telling if it will be as open next season but there's no reason why we can't repeat their success and play aload of europa league teams throughout.

Fixed!

not so sure about the part in bold, the general consensus at the end of last season was that our starting XI was very strong, arguably on paper the strongest in the league, at that point we had the meanest defense in the league and equal strongest attack and that it was strength in depth where we were lacking and was why we were unable to compete better across the board, i would agree the players listed haven't worked out but i think the areas targeted (Kane cover, Walker replacement, starting CB, prospect at CB and AM competition) all made sense and were what was needed at the time - they haven't worked out, yet, granted but i don't recall there being much call for starting XI improvements last summer.

This summer i would say that has changed and we need to improve the first XI in a couple of areas

As I recall, the vast consensus was that we desperately needed pace in the team so we could revert to a plan B. Llorente was not what was required at all. The experiments of Soldado and Jansen should have shown that. We still need that pace and some of our turgid, torpid performances this season have shown that the pace of Rose and Walker were big misses and there was no real blistering pace in the team. We simply must rectify that next season. Plus some more guile in midfield to give Eriksen some help. Lamela is not the answer.

I agree we need at least two first team additions with pace. Plus like-for-like replacements if Toby and Rose leave.

He deserves credit for guiding us to another top 4 finish, as do the players and everyone connected with the club. Just hope we take the cups more seriously next season and not prioritise a top 4 finish over silverware. The FA Cup and League Cup are two very winnable trophies. Hell, Liverpool are in the CL final! No telling if it will be as open next season but there's no reason why we can't repeat their success in that competition if we can become a bit more streetwise and sign some experienced players.

I know there are some who believe that winning trophys is not everything but we should be able to achieve this now, we really have to go for it.

Big credit in the end for getting us over the line, needs more backing and help from the chairman because the squad just isn't big enough or full of enough quality throughout to attack everything and we shouldn't be in a position where we are saying well if we are trying to win the League Cup we can't fully go for the League or FA Cup. We have to be able to try and win every competition we are in, that is the only way you breed a winning mentality because a succession of wins makes players want it more and less likely to tolerate failure.

A trophy is an absolute must next season. Give me 5th or 6th now if it means any silverware, we simply have to start winning trophies.

Big credit in the end for getting us over the line, needs more backing and help from the chairman because the squad just isn't big enough or full of enough quality throughout to attack everything and we shouldn't be in a position where we are saying well if we are trying to win the League Cup we can't fully go for the League or FA Cup. We have to be able to try and win every competition we are in, that is the only way you breed a winning mentality because a succession of wins makes players want it more and less likely to tolerate failure.

A trophy is an absolute must next season. Give me 5th or 6th now if it means any silverware, we simply have to start winning trophies.
Top four + a cup will be good!
No top four - not good

Back