• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

Now lets thrash Leicester again, Kane with another four goals to snatch the golden boot, Liverpool to finish fifth, and then losing the CL final. That would be entertaining. Although I'd hate for Chelski to get CL, they really could use another year or twenty in the EL.

Nah - Kane's injured. Give him a few extra days off. He has the World Cup as it is

Job done, 3 years in a row, first time we have done that since the 60's.

New Stadium, CL football, despite playing in a temporary home, despite a significantly better United & Pool (over last year), despite 4 of our best players from last season not really contributing (Walker, Toby, Rose, Wanyama)

Job done, 3 years in a row, first time we have done that since the 60's.

New Stadium, CL football, despite playing in a temporary home, despite a significantly better United & Pool (over last year), despite 4 of our best players from last season not really contributing (Walker, Toby, Rose, Wanyama)

Yup. Absolutely amazing. if we can get above Liverpool, be the top London club, and get CL football for our new home for the 3rd consecutive season despite by all rights finishing 6th being par for us...it would be amazing.

I haven't really focused on the point about players but yes, you can't even excuse the other clubs for being in rebuild mode and not us when we've had to make do with our injuries, the loss of the Rose and Walker wing play, the upskilling of Davies and Trippier, the settling in of Sanchez, the improvement across the board in Dele's all round play, in Eriksen's consistency. Kane doing it over a season yet again.

Its a great achievement overall with the playing away at Wembley part but I wouldn't be glossing over the end of season fall away that we have experienced. The performances since April 1st have been concerning despite getting results in half of those games and the overall performances against City in the league and Utd in the semi final are uppermost in my mind. We have crawled over the line under pressure from Chelsea, where they deserve credit but again when under pressure rather than rising to it we look liable to fall apart.

The Toby situation seems farcical from an outside point of view and financially it can't make sense if we are letting him go unless we are getting an unbelievable fee for someone his age and injury record over the past 2 years.......and we still have to replace him. I think this whole saga has had an undercurrent going on throughout the season and wouldn't be surprised if has had an effect on certain players outlook on their future at the club given how it has rumbled on. I hope somehow it is sorted in the summer but I doubt it, especially with the World Cup......I would expect Toby to be moving on very quickly after the tournament or maybe before it starts unfortunately.

The manager seriously need to be backed this window with proper signings. We need 3-4 real quality players coming in that have class and a bit of experience and moving out of so much of the below par players within the squad to make way for some of the youth players to step up and be involved with the 16-18 quality players we should have come August. The Manager also has to learn from this end of season malaise as well. He seems genuinely stubborn around certain players and will not sub anyone before 70 min's as a standard go to tactic which is so frustrating and any of this talking down of Cups, even if it is to dampen outside expectation just should not be done at all, we should be aiming to win every competition we are in and as a man without any honours on his CV he should be looking to put that right unequivocally next season.

I didn't think we would finish in the top 4 this season and to do is a very good achievement and everyone at the club deserves credit given our 'away from home' status but it shouldn't blind people to the things that should be improved upon. Targets are rightfully revised throughout the season and to be 10 points clear of Chelsea with 7 games to go, it would have been nothing short of a disgrace to finish outside the top 4 so whilst we have done better than originally expected, our form at the start of April should have seen us attacking 2nd place, not clinging onto 4th for dear life.

Next season, No more limping over the line when under pressure - we need to set the pressure and the agenda not have other teams drive it, The chairman needs to back the manager with real quality, not stocking fillers and clear off underachievers and players patently not good enough, take every competition seriously and look to go as far as possible and not publically demean or play down the success of winning a pot.

If we strive to do those things and more or less get there then I don't see anyone that won't be happy but cut corners and try do things on the cheap and the fanbase will start to become very fragmented.

He made it up, unusually. The money is normally around 2m-3m increments per league position. So taking into account the domestic cups prize money and TV money from them combined with finishing maybe 3rd and the TV money from the league rights we will have made about £150m before taking into account the CL prize and TV Money which could see us over £200m which is fantastic. Add into that the sponsorship money from AIA, Nike and ticketing from Wembley and we will have had a very financially successful season.

Its a great achievement overall with the playing away at Wembley part but I wouldn't be glossing over the end of season fall away that we have experienced. The performances since April 1st have been concerning despite getting results in half of those games and the overall performances against City in the league and Utd in the semi final are uppermost in my mind. We have crawled over the line under pressure from Chelsea, where they deserve credit but again when under pressure rather than rising to it we look liable to fall apart.

The Toby situation seems farcical from an outside point of view and financially it can't make sense if we are letting him go unless we are getting an unbelievable fee for someone his age and injury record over the past 2 years.......and we still have to replace him. I think this whole saga has had an undercurrent going on throughout the season and wouldn't be surprised if has had an effect on certain players outlook on their future at the club given how it has rumbled on. I hope somehow it is sorted in the summer but I doubt it, especially with the World Cup......I would expect Toby to be moving on very quickly after the tournament or maybe before it starts unfortunately.

The manager seriously need to be backed this window with proper signings. We need 3-4 real quality players coming in that have class and a bit of experience and moving out of so much of the below par players within the squad to make way for some of the youth players to step up and be involved with the 16-18 quality players we should have come August. The Manager also has to learn from this end of season malaise as well. He seems genuinely stubborn around certain players and will not sub anyone before 70 min's as a standard go to tactic which is so frustrating and any of this talking down of Cups, even if it is to dampen outside expectation just should not be done at all, we should be aiming to win every competition we are in and as a man without any honours on his CV he should be looking to put that right unequivocally next season.

I didn't think we would finish in the top 4 this season and to do is a very good achievement and everyone at the club deserves credit given our 'away from home' status but it shouldn't blind people to the things that should be improved upon. Targets are rightfully revised throughout the season and to be 10 points clear of Chelsea with 7 games to go, it would have been nothing short of a disgrace to finish outside the top 4 so whilst we have done better than originally expected, our form at the start of April should have seen us attacking 2nd place, not clinging onto 4th for dear life.

Next season, No more limping over the line when under pressure - we need to set the pressure and the agenda not have other teams drive it, The chairman needs to back the manager with real quality, not stocking fillers and clear off underachievers and players patently not good enough, take every competition seriously and look to go as far as possible and not publically demean or play down the success of winning a pot.

If we strive to do those things and more or less get there then I don't see anyone that won't be happy but cut corners and try do things on the cheap and the fanbase will start to become very fragmented.

Brilliant post! Sums up exactly how I feel.

I'm repeating what I read of another thread, but I think its from UEFA rather than the EPL or something
CL money difference you mean

It’s goes 40/30/20/10 IIRC to the 1-4 from our league
Hence why Leicester earned more than Madrid last season In it I think

Given we started the season slowly and ended it miserably, is it fair to say that IF we can maintain some consistency throughout next season at our new home - we could do something special?

I believe the fact the new ground will have 'atmosphere' which in many games will lift us an extra bit when we need it and we can develop our quick passing in tight spaces game. Opposition teams will hate playing us there.

Back