• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Toon *** OMT

Would like to see Eriksen play one of the two central midfield roles, Dele number 10 and Son and Lucas on the wings so we have some pace in behind and Eriksen controlling the game from deeper like Modric does.

Actually I'd like to see Modric next to Eriksen in midfield.
Great minds think alike
This is a bit of a free hit... the whole midfield are injured Dier Dembele Wanyama Winks
No point playing Sissoko, the guy is the worst player in the Premier League
So we might as well go nuts and play a midfield of Eriksen and Dele or something, see what happens

Today Jan was stepping forward beyond the poor midfield and trying to score himself, it was that bad.

Anyone feel uncomfortable with Poch saying “Next year it will be fantastic for Tottenham to be playing in the Champions League at the new stadium.”

Usually, he doesn’t refer to “Tottenham” but to “us” or “we”.

Wrong! No custard for you.

Well done Poch and the team. No pressure on Sunday now, hopefully something a little more free flowing and a few goals to see Wembley off.

I am hoping that is exactly what happens. I am really hoping the last few stuttering performances have been nerves kicking in and not something distarcting behind the scenes

Anyone feel uncomfortable with Poch saying “Next year it will be fantastic for Tottenham to be playing in the Champions League at the new stadium.”

Missed that interview. Might be a few people watching his body language on the walkround after the whistle on Sunday

Well that was a bit sweaty.
Up until the tackle on Trippier I thought Diame had a good game, won a lot tussles, used the ball well and gave shelvey the chance to play some passes.
Erikson was out MOTM by a country mile.
Hugo was good and I thought Sanches did well.
Son is on one of his stinky runs of form, he's either brick or brick hot, and boy is he brick just now.
Glimpses from Harry but also evidence that he's not there yet.

Sunday will be fun, no lose situation.

I am hoping that is exactly what happens. I am really hoping the last few stuttering performances have been nerves kicking in and not something distarcting behind the scenes
Rather than nerves more likely tiredness. Other than City all the teams around us have had a blip. But we have come through it. Pleased for Poch and the team. Not celebrating yet until we finish as high as we can in the table.

No, because he is talking about Tottenham the entity, not just the club, the team, the fans, the staff but all of them/us together.
Can't fudging wait.

I hope the players now play with a bit of freedom on Sunday. They deserve that after another excellent season.

Well done H on the winner. We are so lucky to have a player who during one of his toughest periods at the club is still a 1 in 2 man.

Thought Sissoko had a decent 2nd half in terms of, if you asked Poch, did he produce what u asked, the answer would more than likely be yes.
Would be very nice to sign off with a win and some free flowing football.

I thought the game management at the end was quite good, certainly for us, but overall it was a very nervous performance really in keeping with the whole mood in the stadium, on here, here in my house, and basically everywhere in the Spurs supporting universe. Once you start 2nd guessing your next action it fudges up everything. And that's what we did tonight and for the last few matches.

(aside - is it wrong to lick expensive wine off the table when you spill it when no-one is looking)

I dont know about anybody else, but it just feels like a massive weight has just been lifted, the last 2 weeks have just been draining. I think Sunday might well be the first time I have enjoyed a match in weeks
Will be just as nervous on Sunday. Want us to finish above Pool. If we finish 3rd Poch deserves the plaudits.

Well that's was like we were wading through treacle for much of the game.
But we did it.
CL next season, woo hop. My voice is a bit scratchy.
Can now look forward to enjoying Sunday.
Hopefully the players will feel a bit less pressured (but not yet on holiday) and we can put a few

Stop the paranoia

Back