• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

I think we need cover for Sissoko.

Someone else who can make the squad look twice as good.

220px-Fellaini_2017-03-09.jpg

free transfer as well......i can see Poch being all over it

the rumours have started that we are after Mawson and Bertrand to replace Alderweireld and Rose.......i will literally cry if that happens.

Agree that we have to get back to the period where within a couple of years we signed top football prospects like Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele, Siggurdsen, Eriksen, Lamela and even Chadli......yes Soldado, Chiriches and Capoue didnt work out but since then we have had too many misses compared to hits

I wonder if the 16m range of signings that we had success with are now 40m type signings.

We much like governments work at our best when we are careful with our money.

Those twitter things are just the evolution of that whole stupid ITK gonads, they try and make themselves look more professional but their just tinkling in the wind.

The twitter accounts are only posting what’s been written elsewhere. But yes, it is all a form of ITK and therefore to be viewed with a heavy dose of scepticism. This one is slightly different in that it’s from France from a PSG perspective -ie they’ve given up on Sessegnon because he has already agreed terms with us.

The twitter accounts are only posting what’s been written elsewhere. But yes, it is all a form of ITK and therefore to be viewed with a heavy dose of scepticism. This one is slightly different in that it’s from France from a PSG perspective -ie they’ve given up on Sessegnon because he has already agreed terms with us.

Think it would be highly unlikely while Fulham still have a chance of prem football next year.

Yes, that would make it odd. Maybe the ‘in principle’ (if there’s anything in it all) is based on them not getting promotion and if they do, all bets are off.
Time will tell...
He will want to come to us and I'm sure Fulham won't stand in his way.

It's more likely we will consider a loan back if there come up. But if we think he's ready for the squad, who cares whether they come up.

Those twitter things are just the evolution of that whole stupid ITK gonads, they try and make themselves look more professional but their just tinkling in the wind.

It's a French media thing, not a Twitter thing. Hotspur Related just share information published elsewhere, much like we do in this thread.

I had a dream last night that we unveiled Modirc and Bale under a ‘coming home’ theme at the same time at the new stadium! Then again I also had a dream Lamela scores two from the bench a couple of weeks ago and that still hasn’t happened...

Regardless of availability I'm trying to think which players outside the top 6 teams could improve our best 15 or 16.

I'll kick off with Mahrez.

Regardless of availability I'm trying to think which players outside the top 6 teams could improve our best 15 or 16.

I'll kick off with Mahrez.

I don't think there's that many

There's players I like, but not who I'd prefer to our current options. E.g Lewis Cook, but he's not better than Dier and Wanyama. Or Harry Maguire, but he's not better than Alder, Verts and Sanchez.

I also like Loftus-Cheek and Fosu-Mensah at Palace, but they are obviously owned by top 6 clubs.

Martial or Rashford for a flexible striking option with a lot of potential to improve and play more games than they do now. Can’t see us getting them ordinarily but Mourinho is quite fussy on his attacking players...

Martial or Rashford for a flexible striking option with a lot of potential to improve and play more games than they do now. Can’t see us getting them ordinarily but Mourinho is quite fussy on his attacking players...

They are ok, but I don't think either of them are/will ever be as good as Son.

I had a dream last night that we unveiled Modirc and Bale under a ‘coming home’ theme at the same time at the new stadium! Then again I also had a dream Lamela scores two from the bench a couple of weeks ago and that still hasn’t happened...

I've flip-flopped a lot on taking these players back, should the chance come. But right now, I think a couple of experienced superstars who have won everything and still have a lot of quality would be exactly what our team needs. I think they'd raise the level of everyone else in the team.

Martial or Rashford both are sadly too expensive for us even if they were allowed to join another top 6 club.

I am intrigued to see what our level of spending will be.

Back