• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

I know Bale is getting on and all the news is probably hot Air. But! I feel with a player like him and keeping what we have we could really really have a good go at the title. People will say we are not going to be as good as Emirates Marketing Project! but! we only play them twice! its how we do against the rest that matters more.

He might only last a season or two! he keeps getting injured! but it would be an amazing first season in the new stadium with him back and he could make an immense difference.

I think we need to get rid of the cloggers and replace them with cheaper or youth players and I really hope we use the money more wisely this window. I get the impression that despite how highly rated Levy is, the are times we spend to much on players that are not good enough.

If anything the transfer signing is the part of the club we have struggled on most recently.

At a fans get together last year he said the club had the most success with the mid market buys I think he was talking about Eriksen, Vert and toby type signings, would like to see more in this range.

Siggy is to old now and Everton would probably want to recoup silly money for him, but man I would prefer he was playing to Lamela.

But he is taking up a space that could be used by someone a little more creative, someone who releases the ball at the right time and does not hold onto it for too long in key positions.

But he is one player... I’m not his biggest supporter (see the lamela thread) but he is just one of many small issues at the moment

I think we need to get rid of the cloggers and replace them with cheaper or youth players and I really hope we use the money more wisely this window. I get the impression that despite how highly rated Levy is, the are times we spend to much on players that are not good enough.

If anything the transfer signing is the part of the club we have struggled on most recently.

At a fans get together last year he said the club had the most success with the mid market buys I think he was talking about Eriksen, Vert and toby type signings, would like to see more in this range.

Siggy is to old now and Everton would probably want to recoup silly money for him, but man I would prefer he was playing to Lamela.

the rumours have started that we are after Mawson and Bertrand to replace Alderweireld and Rose.......i will literally cry if that happens.

Agree that we have to get back to the period where within a couple of years we signed top football prospects like Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele, Siggurdsen, Eriksen, Lamela and even Chadli......yes Soldado, Chiriches and Capoue didnt work out but since then we have had too many misses compared to hits

True
But lamela isn’t that player
Could argue that was son a few months back
Kane before that
Eriksen at some point too

But they are players that do this at some point ever season, Lamela doesn’t really add anything. An upgrade on just 1 first team player can make a whole lot of difference.

Obviously i think a few more players should be upgraded on but Lamela’s position aswell as a CM is vital if we want to compete with the teams around us.

But they are players that do this at some point ever season, Lamela doesn’t really add anything. An upgrade on just 1 first team player can make a whole lot of difference.

Obviously i think a few more players should be upgraded on but Lamela’s position aswell as a CM is vital if we want to compete with the teams around us.
I think we should sell lamela. It’s best for him and us as he is imo a player who just didn’t offer enough positives

But he isn’t the reason we’re struggling for form

The physicality needed by FBs in our system mean Walker and Rose were pretty much broken before they got to 28

Sessegnon is the player we need to replace Rose. cover for Davies plus an exciting AM/WF option the rest of the time. He's the one to break the bank for
Good point. Can cover LB and play further forward. Exactly the flexibility we need to cover injuries but still give everyone playing time.

I think we should sell lamela. It’s best for him and us as he is imo a player who just didn’t offer enough positives

But he isn’t the reason we’re struggling for form

I’m not saying he is the reason for our form at the moment, this is the summer transfer thread and i was just airing my opinion on him but Lucas playing over him would be better at the moment imo.

I’m not saying he is the reason for our form at the moment, this is the summer transfer thread and i was just airing my opinion on him but Lucas playing over him would be better at the moment imo.
100% agreed
Against any defensive side lamela offers nothing

Back