• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2017/18

I think someone else said that this year could have been a great year for us in the CL IF ONLY we'd beaten Juve. I'm aware we didn't and why, but it made me think of the year that Leicester won the PL and think THAT WAS the year we could have won the league

I'm struggling to find any mention of it in the media...any idea who won?

Most of the newspapers will double their sales on the back of this.
Shame most of the people will have to get someone to read it to them, lucky there’s lots of pictures.

There have been no outstanding teams in the CL this season. All the teams have been inconsistent or vulnerable at some point this season. It is amazing how we outclassed Real in both our matches against them but they are now in the Final while we didn't even made it to Quarter final. We really wasted a great chance to progress very far in the CL. I think if Alderweireld had played against Juventus, we would have won and overcome Real in the Quarter Finals. Then we would have no problem overcoming the biggest bottlers of European football, Bayern Munich, in the semi final. Liverpool are very fortunate to be in the Final as they avoided all the former champions except for Porto who are shyte nowadays.

There have been no outstanding teams in the CL this season. All the teams have been inconsistent or vulnerable at some point this season. It is amazing how we outclassed Real in both our matches against them but they are now in the Final while we didn't even made it to Quarter final. We really wasted a great chance to progress very far in the CL. I think if Alderweireld had played against Juventus, we would have won and overcome Real in the Quarter Finals. Then we would have no problem overcoming the biggest bottlers of European football, Bayern Munich, in the semi final. Liverpool are very fortunate to be in the Final as they avoided all the former champions except for Porto who are shyte nowadays.

I think you being a little disingenuous toward Liverpool in one respect and that is they got past (beat them well actually) the big favourites City.
I also think Dier's questiable display was more of a 'possible' reason for the Juve defeat.
Juve for me should have beaten Real they were dreadful at home for a Juve team.

Agree totally with the rest.

I think someone else said that this year could have been a great year for us in the CL IF ONLY we'd beaten Juve. I'm aware we didn't and why, but it made me think of the year that Leicester won the PL and think THAT WAS the year we could have won the league

Why we didn't go all the way (Ay Ay nudge nudge!)?
Seriously a great question.

Injuries to Toby, Rose*, Wanyama*, Dembele* and Kane*. (*ongoing)
Inconsistency from Son, Tripier (defensively), Dier and the comedy that is our very own Serge Aurier.
Need upgrades for Sissoko (I'm not a religious guy but if helps ill pray), Lamela.

The lack of quality and depth and too many nearly men, oh and by comparison with our direct rivals we are potless...

Harsh, but unfortunately true!
psss It's going to be worse next season when the manchester teams get spending.

Very frustrating looking at the CL and how its panned out. It was a bit of an opportunity missed but it has really highlighted the luck of the draw. Liverpool have reached the final playing 1 elite side based on form and quality whilst had we got to the final then we would've played Real Madrid in the group stage and quarter finals, Juventus in the round of 16, Bayern in the semis and Dortmund in the group stage. Both of us were in Pot 3, We got a group of death and they got Sevilla, Maribor and Spartak. We both top our group and Liverpool are rewarded with a very winnable tie against Porto and we get Juventus. Some times you just can't odds it.

Fair play to them as they have really steam rolled a lot of the opposition on their way to the final but does go to show that you need a slice of luck with the draw on the way to getting there.

UEFA have charged Buffon over his referee comments after the Real/Juventus tie. How long ago was that? Don't like to be rushed in Switzerland.

They were out when he did it though. Given he's retiring I'm not sure what they're planning to do with him, some inconsequential (to him) fine for the UEFA Christmas party fund I guess.

Back