• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT. Tottenham v Watford.

Yes but it so easily could have been 2-2 or 3-2. I know it wasn’t but that was a very very poor performance. Both goals were quite lucky in the fact that the first was given and the second we got a second chance which is quite rare. They should have scored, any other team would have put a few of their chances away.

Not moaning about winning 2-0. Moaning that we were utter dog brick and lucky to win 2-0.

If you're doing the 'could have' thing, we had a lot of opportunities to score more. Should have had a pen first half for the foul on Son no? Need to see it again. Kane offside goal, Kane through his legs after Jan hits the post. Could have been 5-0.

We looked tired but got the job done against a physical, surprisingly skillful side. Against better sides with more potent finishers we need to be tighter at the back. Against this lot we were the better side.

I think we needed to rotate some of our midfield players more in the middle of the season so they are at peak form for the run in, it cost us in the semi.
Good point I think they are knackered. I feel we need to give Wanyama and Lamela a run in the next game freshen things up a bit. Worrying thing is how our press has more or less gone which is exposing our high line.

We created plenty of opportunities. Could attack at will almost. Watford are a physical side and knocked us about. BUt it shows how far we've come where almost everyone is complaining at a 2-0 win!
That’s a reflection on Watford and their situation. If we played like that away to West Brom we wouldn’t of won 2-0....

Not great but job done. Chelskie been scraping by and pools league form taken a dive. None of the top 6 bar city are in great form . Still plenty to play for and tho Kane still not right there were glimpses of his better self tonight

Good point I think they are knackered. I feel we need to give Wanyama and Lamela a run in the next game freshen things up a bit. Worrying thing is how our press has more or less gone which is exposing our high line.

I would have hoped Poch would have seen this with his looking at the figures of how far we run.

Not great but job done. Chelskie been scraping by and pools league form taken a dive. None of the top 6 bar city are in great form . Still plenty to play for and tho Kane still not right there were glimpses of his better self tonight
Pool are probably suffering the same tiredness we are and just going on adrenaline.

Pretty terrible performance. Something just feels off. Like confidence has gone for some reason. Kane used to bounce off of defenders and spray a crossfield ball like it was nothing. Now he can't get it out of his feet. Son may as well not have been there. Dembele and Dier were just not on it. JV and KT did well, but we look so out of form in attack. Think we need to rotate now - there's no need to play these players into form, we need to get results and get this Wembley season over with. Lamela would do well from the start. Moura must be quite well acclimatized by now.

Also, I really don't want to be 'that guy' with Sissoko again, but some of the comments in this thread are again making him out to be some sort of donkey. He did fine coming into the game as we moved into management mode. Missed when it was easier to score and I do wish he would improve there for us (as he seemed to have way more composure in front of goal when he was at Saudi Sportswashing Machine) but I certainly didn't get the 'how is he a PL footballer' vibe from him tonight.

Pool are probably suffering the same tiredness we are and just going on adrenaline.
Their players probably have one eye on making a CL final and don't want to miss it. Makes a difference to how much you commit to a challenge in games that don't really count for much. Seeing Chamberlain probably brought it home too.

Its been a good weekend. Gooners are officially worse than us for the second season in a row. The Scousers dropped point and we won.

That was a Massive 3pts for me
Now 1 behind the dippers with a game in hand
We are 5 ahead of Chavs
A win at the w/e puts us ahead of the dippers by 2, and 8 ahead of the Chavs with only 9 available for them.

Tbh, tonight is all about the points. Let’s get 3rd spot, that gives us automatic CL next season and no prelims to worry about.

Was worried we were going to come 5th in a four horse race.

Actually thought Watford are a decent side as well.

The negativity....

cb7.gif

Their players probably have one eye on making a CL final and don't want to miss it. Makes a difference to how much you commit to a challenge in games that don't really count for much. Seeing Chamberlain probably brought it home too.

I also think some of our players have one eye on the world cup.

Players like Eriksen, Dier, Dele and the Belgium lads will be wanting to have a good world cup to get a bigger contract or a move to another club.

Back