• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

As I said before - I dont doubt his talent and really wasnt commenting from that angle.

But as you bring it up, do you not think its a gamble to go for a player in the hope he can refind form of 2 years ago?

Many players have that sort of time without regular football and are just never the same again.
In Gomes' case I wonder whether it is simply that his style of play doesn't fit Barcelona. From the bits and pieces I saw of him before he went there he seemed to be a player that liked to spend a bit of time on the ball and looked to spray long passes. I wonder whether this simply doesn't fit that tika taka style of football that Barca play?

Entirely possible, though it begs the question as to why they would sign him in the first place.

And either way, he has hardly played in 2 years which is really my biggest concern.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=67561

[League stats]
Apparently 23 starts and 23 sub appearances at Barca, I dread to think how few full matches, over 2 seasons.

Only 88 career starts, at 24 years old.

Though again - hands up - I know VERY little about the player specifically.

KPB had talent but never the head for it, which I think has been proven.

Others, much like Ghaly, I think its almost a case of bad timing. If they had come in a little earlier/later under a different manager things could have been so different.

Can you imagine how much Poch would have loved Holtby's tenacity?
Agree think Poch would have taken to him. But to be fair we say ‘Can you imagine how good this player would have been under Poch’ so often - think it’s more a testimony of how good a coach Poch is rather than the ability of the players....

Fredericks has spent the whole half flying down the right wing for Fulham, decent cross on him as well.

Makes a change from Trips stopping the ball and passing backwards.

Fredericks has spent the whole half flying down the right wing for Fulham, decent cross on him as well.

Makes a change from Trips stopping the ball and passing backwards.

well i think we will see fredericks do the same when he gets back. its a poch thing. walker and rose used to rampage more down the wings and delivering crosses earlier before poch came along.

I reckon we'll bid for Loftus-Cheek in the summer. Got Tottenham written all over it.

I doubt it. He was getting paid more than Eriksen before he signed his latest contract. We are never going to pay that much to a young player.

I dont get the mirror it is such an odd hating spurs players.

Yet sometimes comes up with some positively unrealistic stories.

PS would love to sell Aurier and give Fredericks a shot while we send WP on loan.

When stuff like this then fails (amazingly) to come about, it can then be painted as Spurs failure or lack of ambition.

Back