• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

The media can fudge off. I urge all Spurs fans to stop reading and taking in their narrative. As a fan, I think this season's been brilliant - I've had the opportunity to watch us beat Real, Dortmund, Arsenal, Liverpool, United and Chelsea, and go toe to toe with Juventus. And with CL again next year, in the new stadium, I back us to make further progress - with Poch at the helm.

I'm fudging sick of pundits and journalists effectively encouraging every successful manager and player to leave their club and join one of the doped and/or super rich clubs asap. fudge off and suck a dingdong, you simple-minded classless clams.
Spot on.

Poch comments were spur of the moment thinking IMO to highlight that Other managers have failed in semis too

We also need to keep that man at the club and whilst I recognise what @StephenH has said its Poch who drives everything

But our turnover now is gonna grow massively and that allows us to compete with Chelsea and do what they do if we wanted... but that would t help us

That’s our model though in my opinion. For us to continue to challenge on a budget, we need some unique advantage to keep us up there. We’re banking on this manager staying because he and continuity are that advantage. Otherwise it probably falls apart. It’s a risky model.

Chelsea have been fine because every new manager has gotten a fortune to spend and could bring in the players he wanted.

Ditto with City although they’ll probably keep Guardiola long term if he wants to stay.

Poch is a GHod in my eyes but I don’t buy that his leaving will cause the Spurs world to fall apart. He’ll go at some point, but we are now a seriously attractive proposition and all sorts of big names and up and coming managerial stars would be banging down Levy’s office door in the new stadium.

I hope that doesn’t happen for a while yet though.

Except nobody ACTUALLY knows what he meant when he said it.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He’s now had three days to clarify what he meant and kill any speculation stone dead.

Poch is a GHod in my eyes but I don’t buy that his leaving will cause the Spurs world to fall apart. He’ll go at some point, but we are now a seriously attractive proposition and all sorts of big names and up and coming managerial stars would be banging down Levy’s office door in the new stadium.

I hope that doesn’t happen for a while yet though.

Our world won’t fall apart but I believe there is a serious risk we’ll go back to 6th or 5th place. Lloris has basically said he’s only still at the club because of Poch. I doubt he’s the only one.

He’s the reason we’re on the cusp of a third consecutive top 4 finish when we managed it in 2 out of 9 or 10 seasons before he arrived. Losing Poch would set us back.

It would set us back but i also think we might now be getting close to the position where we would get one of those Chelsea style appointments, an older experienced coach who has actually won stuff.

Read that Levy was going to give Poch 6m a year. Sure you could get a good experienced coach with that.

Our world won’t fall apart but I believe there is a serious risk we’ll go back to 6th or 5th place. Lloris has basically said he’s only still at the club because of Poch. I doubt he’s the only one.

He’s the reason we’re on the cusp of a third consecutive top 4 finish when we managed it in 2 out of 9 or 10 seasons before he arrived. Losing Poch would set us back.

We’re by no means assured of top 4 if Poch stays. Chelsea will come back next season and Arsenal will begin a new era.

Anyone who watched Poch on Saturday will know how much that loss meant to him and the players.

The club need to bring in an experienced central defender to potentially replace Toby, rather than an experienced manager to replace Poch. I am certain we will win a trophy under this man we just have to keep the faith. Talk of replacing him or "it wouldn't be the end of the world without him" is just plain lunacy.

Anyone who watched Poch on Saturday will know how much that loss meant to him and the players.

The club need to bring in an experienced central defender to potentially replace Toby, rather than an experienced manager to replace Poch. I am certain we will win a trophy under this man we just have to keep the faith. Talk of replacing him or "it wouldn't be the end of the world without him" is just plain lunacy.
If our model continues to be sell experienced players and replace them with young players with potential I dont think we will be any closer to a trophy whether Poch stays or not. We need more experience to supplement that youthful exuberance that we already have....

If our model continues to be sell experienced players and replace them with young players with potential I dont think we will be any closer to a trophy whether Poch stays or not. We need more experience to supplement that youthful exuberance that we already have....

I think that's unfair, we don't sell because we want to. All the top players we've sold have wanted to leave. We've done our best to keep them.

I think that's unfair, we don't sell because we want to. All the top players we've sold have wanted to leave. We've done our best to keep them.
Did I say we sell them because we want to? Selling your top players is inevitable for practically any club excluding Barca/Real Madrid arguably. But if we really do want to compete for trophies we are going to have to start purchasing a couple more established stars rather than always going for a young player with potential all the time. Of course we can maintain our emphasis on youth, but if every time we sell one of our first teamers we sign a young pretender you arent going to necessarily improve because it will take a couple of years for that player to get to the level of the player hes replacing. I love Levy, so have every confidence he will get this right along with Poch - just saying if we really want a tilt at trophies we are going to have to change our investment policy....

Pochettino is the ultimate gamble by Levy. If Pochettino fails, Levy fails. If Pochettino leaves Spurs, then Levy should follow him as the chairman. Levy knew exactly what he was getting by continuing his stupid "young and promising managers" policy instead of appointing the "experienced and successful" managers. If Pochettino leaves, you know Levy will be going for another young manager no one has ever heard of. In 17 years as the Spurs chairman, Levy has appointed 9 managers and almost all were young and inexperienced.

Oh if only Id thought of that! That doesnt change the fact our current model for purchasing players needs to be changed to win trophies....
Well I'd say we are where we are because of our current model for purchasing players, and you are advocating a Leeds United style 'money all in go for it'.

Well I'd say we are where we are because of our current model for purchasing players, and you are advocating a Leeds United style 'money all in go for it'.
I actually havent advocated anything. Im just saying if we really want to push for trophies we will have to invest a bit more intensely, the route we are going down will only get you so far. I have never said we should do this or that. I think Levy is clever enough to find a way to loosen the purse strings in the new stadium without having to do a Leeds Utd as you put it....

Poch comments were spur of the moment thinking IMO to highlight that Other managers have failed in semis too

We also need to keep that man at the club and whilst I recognise what @StephenH has said its Poch who drives everything

But our turnover now is gonna grow massively and that allows us to compete with Chelsea and do what they do if we wanted... but that would t help us

I haven't been following the stadium development thread too closely, but do you know how the stadium was financed? The reason i ask is be cause we're all looking forward to loads a dosh coming in and it will. But how must of that increased revenue will be invested (wages/transfer fees) in the playing squad vs the stadium? It might be several years before we truly see the benefit of increased revenues.

Did I say we sell them because we want to? Selling your top players is inevitable for practically any club excluding Barca/Real Madrid arguably. But if we really do want to compete for trophies we are going to have to start purchasing a couple more established stars rather than always going for a young player with potential all the time. Of course we can maintain our emphasis on youth, but if every time we sell one of our first teamers we sign a young pretender you arent going to necessarily improve because it will take a couple of years for that player to get to the level of the player hes replacing. I love Levy, so have every confidence he will get this right along with Poch - just saying if we really want a tilt at trophies we are going to have to change our investment policy....

You do say our model is to sell, we didn't want to sell modric, Carrick, berbatov or bale and those are the type of players we need to keep.
Selling them isn't our model, it's a consequence of our model.

Back