• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Sessegnon and Bale. Get Toby sorted out. And how about Modric? He is 32 and rumours are that he's going to MLS, but how about a wee last year at Spurs first?

Really? Apart from Dele who has a bit of devil about him, I can't see how opposition fans have come to that conclusion.

Edit....and Lamela can be a hard too

Ben left one on Kompany last week, and Harry and Dier can be a bit cheeky as well at times. Lots of fans, mostly City mind you, have been yapping about how dirty we've become.

I'm not sure we're dirty, but we're physical. Dier and Dembele are strong, and we have many players who aren't afraid to have a kick.

The team is growing. Key is to keep this group and Poch together and add 2-3 quality additions in the summer. We're getting there, though yesterday was painful

Sessegnon and Bale. Get Toby sorted out. And how about Modric? He is 32 and rumours are that he's going to MLS, but how about a wee last year at Spurs first?

Why would you want both Sessegnon and Bale? They are basically the same player but one is 11 years older. The past and the future.

Signing Bale and Modric would reek of the desperation of when Hoddle had to enlist the likes of Poyet and Sheringham because we had no money for players in their prime

Poch has also never really (ever wanted to) worked with older players/'stars' with egos and baggage

Why would you want both Sessegnon and Bale? They are basically the same player but one is 11 years older. The past and the future.

Signing Bale and Modric would reek of the desperation of when Hoddle had to enlist the likes of Poyet and Sheringham because we had no money for players in their prime

Poch has also never really (ever wanted to) worked with older players/'stars' with egos and baggage

See billyiddo's post above, I agree.

32 is to young to be going to america

I see no reason why he can not be a force in the prem till 35. It seems players are not going on at the top level as long anymore, is that because the game is so fast and physical.

Poch even mentioned it after the Juve loss, in certain aspects we are too nice. I think he mentioned putting more pressure on the refs

That two footed challenge by the man u player yesterday whose name I forget was a straight red and I dont care what they said in the studio at half time. Said it before we need Poch to threaten to sue refs or to have the refs investigated for corruption. Obviously we would get an F.A. charge.

But Poch if he was clever would tell Levy he was planning to do it at some point this season or next. That way Levy would know Poch was not losing it but taking an F.A. hit for the team. The amount of pressure it would put on refs in future as any decisions against us would get highlighted and scrutinised would be immense.

The one person at the club we cannot lose this summer is Poch. We can recover quickly from anyone else leaving, not him.

Not sure where he would go anyway.

Levy gave himself a massive new contract and I think he will give Poch one. I think Levy thinks they are the two most important people at the club, he would be right to think this.

The "talent" comes and goes.

If he's up for it, the right kind of motivation, I would absolutely love Modric back. Would be magic I think.

If he's up for it, the right kind of motivation, I would absolutely love Modric back. Would be magic I think.
If Madrid are daft enough to sell Modric and his wage demands aren’t too excessive then perhaps he can help us become serial trophy winners; like Makélélé did for Chelsea.

He's the perfect type of deep laying playmaker for a Pochettino side imo - doesn't shirk his defensive responsibility and is strong on the ball, i think if Dembele is to move on in the summer as per the rumours having Modric for a couple of sessons would be a good thing, Winks hasn't yet proven himself able to play a whole season yet so would take pressure off him - he knows the club, he knows the league and has played at the very top of the game - if he's available we'd be mad not to be considering it afaic if he

Why do you like spouting the myth that Poch has never really wanted to work with older players? You have no evidence to back that up. The problem with Spurs is that we have rarely go for proven players on or around their peak age of 27-29, because if they are top quality they are not cheap.

I think Poch has done a very good job to get us where we are, but to get to the next level we are going to have to spend more on both signings and wages. If we do not Poch, Eriksen, Harry and co will not be here in a year or so.

Back