• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I dont see much wrong with his press the last two games. The problem is the ayers behind him Erikson and dele not following it up leaving room for the opposing team to play through it.
Son especially but Dembele recently as well are just not at it.

You make good points about the back up press but in all honesty mate i have not seen Kane work as hard as he did before his injury.

Kane is a great player but like any other IF he is not fit ( and that is how it looks to me) then he should not be on the field. Unless he has told Poch he is and that rings alarm bells in his desire to do what is best for Spurs.

You make good points about the back up press but in all honesty mate i have not seen Kane work as hard as he did before his injury.

Kane is a great player but like any other IF he is not fit ( and that is how it looks to me) then he should not be on the field. Unless he has told Poch he is and that rings alarm bells in his desire to do what is best for Spurs.

I do agree he doesn't look totally sharp yet, but I think that's more a mental fitness thing.

United pretty much just booted it when we pressed, so difficult to judge Kane's pressing imo.
Maybe, but he has had injurys before and not struggled as much as he is doing now on return. I think its more Physical then mental.
I thought him being a bit slow to get back to form after an injury was the rule rather than the exception.

.I thought him being a bit slow to get back to form after an injury was the rule rather than the exception.

Its not his form that concerns me, as i have said on several occasions its his fitness that does. Starting slowly/not playing well can happen to all players, but he looks like he is running in treacle since he has been back, and that generally means he is not fit.

Its not his form that concerns me, as i have said on several occasions its his fitness that does. Starting slowly/not playing well can happen to all players, but he looks like he is running in treacle since he has been back, and that generally means he is not fit.
its not just that, he looks weak in the jump, he seemed to lose all aerial challenges yesterday. He control was off and along with his pace he was out of position a lot of the time. he was no threat at all. Watching him it felt like he still has muscles problems in his ankle and he cannot move properly. That is the way it felt to me. Not confidence to jump and thus land on it, no instant pace to move and just being played all over the pitch.

Our play means we need a focal point. Even Janssen would have played better than Kane yesterday, or even Erik ( the pivot ) Lamela.

He is not right and it doesn't take an expert to see it. It is a little baffling Poch has stuck with him in there last few matches when frankly he shouldn't have.

Kane getting more digs made at him at the PFA awards from the chairperson of the PFA

clams the lot of them

The reaction to this has been quite sad to witness tbh

Mourinho would use stuff like this to create a siege mentality - put some fire in his belly to stick two fingers up at everyone, hope we do the same

He should tell the FA and England to go fudge themselves

Was my thoughts as well. I get the "banter" from other players but when it comes to the FA to show such immaturity to your main striker is pretty disgusting. I would not be surprised if it left a very bitter taste in the mouth. I dont think he should have gone on about the goal so much but the reaction has been disgusting.

As someone said above we should use this to create a siege mentality. Personally I would give the summer a miss but I know Kane would not do that.

Was my thoughts as well. I get the "banter" from other players but when it comes to the FA to show such immaturity to your main striker is pretty disgusting. I would not be surprised if it left a very bitter taste in the mouth. I dont think he should have gone on about the goal so much but the reaction has been disgusting.

As someone said above we should use this to create a siege mentality. Personally I would give the summer a miss but I know Kane would not do that.
Maybe he should score a hatful of goals and lift up his Englad shirt each time to show the Spurs shirt underneath.

I dont see much wrong with his press the last two games. The problem is the ayers behind him Erikson and dele not following it up leaving room for the opposing team to play through it.
Son especially but Dembele recently as well are just not at it.
Don't agree.

Harry surprised me with the whole "it's my goal" saga.
I was ok with him claiming he touched it. But what then followed swearing on his daughter's life was a bit of a stupid thing to say with the cameras rolling. Saying this sort of thing in normal conversation will hardly register, but when it's sadly beamed around the world and replayed a million times it does sound crass and arrogant. Kane does not normally come across that way, which gave the haters an in.
He's still a young man with lots to learn and hopefully he is now wiser.
Sadly football today is very unforgiving, look at Dele getting moaned at for 'celebrating a goal!' whatever next?

Fair enough, to me though Harry, Erikson and dele are closing down as normal but the ones behind are off the pace.
He does not look sharp with the ball though.

How true!

Harry has baffled me and so many others over the past 3 to 4 seasons. I watched him maily opened mouth with "shock and disbelief" with goal scoring feats! A world class giant of a player in every respect.
What I truly expected from Harry when he first getting games is largely what we are seeing now, a hard working and committed Spurs player.
But it's now no longer enough because Harry is a freak and 'you can't put the genie back in the bottle'! He has become one of the top goalscorers in the world and no one saw it coming not an inkling of the Harry we all love.
Harry is an true enigma

I is what makes him such hard watch ATM

Back