• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

So he won the league in Argentina... that’s what level in Europe?

French maybe?

He won the Spanish cup that no one pays attention too

He clearly enjoyed it though so maybe he should explain that to the players
Can’t say I watch any Argentine league football tbh!

Looks like Copa del Rey is prestigious enough for Real Madrid to organise an open top bus parade at least...

This is a bit left field but the is talk about Kompany leaving Emirates Marketing Project. He could do a Gallas type job, probably ask for stupid wages though.
The problem with injury prone players is that they often won't be available when others are out. We've been somewhat lucky with Dembele coming back to fitness when Winks has been out this season, but we can't rely on that kind of luck...
Players of that ilk seem to be a dying breed nowadays. You still seem to get some in the lower leagues but nowhere near the level we need.
They've always been rare at the top level. To get that right kind of attitude, mentality and leadership abilities combined with footballing ability is rare. The best thing would be for someone already here developing into that kind of player. Can't say I see any obvious one's we can sign...

The problem with injury prone players is that they often won't be available when others are out. We've been somewhat lucky with Dembele coming back to fitness when Winks has been out this season, but we can't rely on that kind of luck...They've always been rare at the top level. To get that right kind of attitude, mentality and leadership abilities combined with footballing ability is rare. The best thing would be for someone already here developing into that kind of player. Can't say I see any obvious one's we can sign...

Bale

Dembele out
Son out
Llorente out
Sissoko out
Jansen out

Zaha in
Gomes in

And if we're looking for a big name from Spain who is looking for a new challenge and is worth breaking the wage structure for its Iniesta. To Dare.....

Sign Toby Alderweireld and Bale and one midfielder.

Sell all the dross. Maybe keep Jansen unless someone will pay £20m.

Difficult one is midfield. If there is an exciting midfielder available get them in, but what happens to Winks or Wanyama who were both excellent last season? Dembele is an asset. Unless were offered £30m keep.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Suggestions on who that should be that we can realistically, or even hopefully, sign?

Every club in the world wants players with that mentality.

Good question, my problem is that there has been a lot of debate on here over the last few months about our winning mentality ( or lack of it) and there are many who say we have one, well once again it failed to show yesterday ( if we do have one as they say). We obtain a winners mentality by winning not just games but trophys and until our players and manager start to do this then its wrong to say we have a winning mentality ( imo).

Needless to say i am sure that they will ( still) be some who say we have one and i have no desire to start that all off again.

A player who I think could being some bring some positive aggresion, a big voice not scared to upset anyone, a potential future leader to drive us to success is Jamaal Lascelles at Saudi Sportswashing Machine

We have too many nice players

A player who I think could being some bring some positive aggresion, a big voice not scared to upset anyone, a potential future leader to drive us to success is Jamaal Lascelles at Saudi Sportswashing Machine

We have too many nice players

Since when? Oh yeah since anytime we lose

I would like Lascelles too.

Don't agree we're too nice though - most opposition fans have us down as one of the hardest/dirtiest tesms in the league from what i see

Really? Apart from Dele who has a bit of devil about him, I can't see how opposition fans have come to that conclusion.

Edit....and Lamela can be a hard too

Back