• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Long-term and short-term thinking

Also get rid of players that can’t impact a game or won’t start in our best 11

That reads to me as though he's saying to get rid of anyone who won't make our best XI - though tbf his posts don't often read as intended tbf :D

Unless you were just replying to me thinking that was my suggestion? I was responding to the post above mine if that wasn't too clear, should have quoted him tbf
I read it the way I wrote in my reply to you. Reading it as sell all our players that aren't in our strongest 11 seems unreasonable as it's entirely unlikely to me that someone will actually hold that opinion.

I read it the way I wrote in my reply to you. Reading it as sell all our players that aren't in our strongest 11 seems unreasonable as it's entirely unlikely to me that someone will actually hold that opinion.

Yeah that's why i questioned him...

does anyone think poch would be the perfect replacement for wenger?

GHod i hope not...

Whether or not he would be the perfect replacement is irrelevant.
He has already said he would rather go back to work on his farm than manage either Barcelona or Woolwich.
He seems like a man of principle so I believe him (well, maybe not the farm bit, but that he wouldn't take those jobs).
I think a big part of me would die if ever proved wrong in this case.

Short term thinking: Remain in top 4 and get CL qualification
Long term thinking: Get Levy to open his chequebook so we retain the players we need and replace those we don't. It sounds very simplistic but that is exactly what City, Utd and Liverpool did last summer.

Short term thinking: Remain in top 4 and get CL qualification
Long term thinking: Get Levy to open his chequebook so we retain the players we need and replace those we don't. It sounds very simplistic but that is exactly what City, Utd and Liverpool did last summer.
Pool didn’t
They lost their best player

Aside from Toby, we are supposedly in contract negotiations with Vertonghen, Eriksen and Lamela, with Kane and Dele also having been mentioned as being due increased contracts.
The coming months will give us very clear idea of the state of the nation at Spurs.

Its tough, yesterday was tough to take and I am usually super positive. There seemed this huge sense of resignation from the team, Alli, Poch etc, all looked to have that "its not gonna happen is it" attitude.

I am finding it hard to know whats the long and short term for us. I imagine regular CL qualification and hopeful of cup wins.

Its tough, yesterday was tough to take and I am usually super positive. There seemed this huge sense of resignation from the team, Alli, Poch etc, all looked to have that "its not gonna happen is it" attitude.

I am finding it hard to know whats the long and short term for us. I imagine regular CL qualification and hopeful of cup wins.
CL and cup wins is acceptable

But how do you win cups when you start off not taking them serious

I am still confused by some fans reaction yesterday. I can understand getting upset by the loss.
But last Saturday (City) for me was far worse as performances go, but it was more casual angst.
Yessterday on here was like a script from a mass suicide pact....

CL and cup wins is acceptable

But how do you win cups when you start off not taking them serious

We take them as seriously as every other top 6 side - rotate in the early rounds and if you find yourself in with a chance when it gets to the business end of the competition play the first team

Spurs fans attitudes aren’t the issue unless they influence professional players on the pitch
It’s the manager and players attitudes that matter

Amen to that, and from what Poch was supposed to have said before the game yesterday( about the FA CUP not being important) is not going to help. I keep getting told that we HAVE a winning/winners mentality but sure as brick is was in short supply yesterday ( once again).

Amen to that, and from what Poch was supposed to have said before the game yesterday( about the FA CUP not being important) is not going to help. I keep getting told that we HAVE a winning/winners mentality but sure as brick is was in short supply yesterday ( once again).

We cannot have a winning mentality as we don’t win the big games that really matter like this

He cannot keep on belittling silver wear until he bloody wins some

I love Poch but no other manager makes those comments like him

Last edited:
We annoy have a winning mentality as we don’t win the big games that really matter like this

He cannot keep on belittling silver wear until he bloody wins some

I love Poch but no other manager makes those comments like him

And yet i keep getting told on here by some that we do have that winning mentality, its gonad*s ( imo) a winning mentality means you have a WINNERS mentality ( having won things) but that seems to be passed over by many.

If we can't aquire a winners mentality until we have won something it's not really something we can blame our shortcomings on

Would you prefer good defending or a 'winning mentality'?

Back